***Official England v Algeria Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official England v Algeria Thread***

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:09 am

Slim wrote:
ashton287 wrote:-----------------------HART/JAMES-----------------

JOHNSON---DAWSON/UPSON---TERRY-----COLE

WRIGHTY-------BARRY-----------------COLE-------
---------------------------GERRARD------------------

---------------DEFOE------------CROUCH------------

I agree with all of that, with the exception of Johnson. Can we break his legs and fly Micah in, he has never let England down.

Has Capello got the balls though to drop Fat Frank and Fat Wayne.....certain players no they are never going to get dropped despite playing poor and these are two of them.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:16 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Slim wrote:

I agree with all of that, with the exception of Johnson. Can we break his legs and fly Micah in, he has never let England down.

Has Capello got the balls though to drop Fat Frank and Fat Wayne.....certain players no they are never going to get dropped despite playing poor and these are two of them.

I would, playing for England should be the highest honour, not an excuse for a nice paid holiday in South Africa. If they don't deserve it and those two definitely don't, then they need to be dropped, if they want the shirt bad enough they will fight for it, if they don't, then they can go fucking home cause we won't be missing them.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:19 am

Slim wrote:

Y know, I've been a big critic of Micah at times & I think he's deserved it but rather than replacing Johnson; when I watched Carragher, purple faced, wheezing like a drunk chainsmoking pensioner & coming 2nd to some no mark Championship level player, it dawned on me just how fucking ridiculous it is that some old, slow, medium sized footballing talentless git has been given the job at the heart of england's defence rather than a big, strong, fast, young, footballing talentless git. He would make that defence so much better & have pace to cover for Johnson from CB.

Re the team: agree with most of it but Rooney has to still start instead of either Crouch or DeFoe for me BUT 25 mins in if he's shite, TAKE HIM OFF & BIN HIM. If we go through without him, leave him on the bench & only bring him on begrudgingly if/when we run out of steam. One last chance for Rooney in the 1st 20- 25 mins.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:27 am

Micah has been guilty of poor positioning and somewhat ineffective play at times for City, but he has always looked very comfortable in an England shirt and I think he has done nothing for England that warrants him being dropped.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:31 am

Slim wrote:Micah has been guilty of poor positioning and somewhat ineffective play at times for City, but he has always looked very comfortable in an England shirt and I think he has done nothing for England that warrants him being dropped.

He plays for City rather than the Sky 4 or Spurs; that's what warrants him being dropped.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mike J » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:55 am

i think it is a crying shame that capello was too much of a pussy to include adam johnson. its not blue tinted specs. that lad could have come off the bench last night and changed the game. he actually has confidence in his ability. im sure he could of done some damage.

but no, lets pick carrick instead eh.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:59 am

These two draws are all part of Don Fabio's master plan.Get everybody thinking we are shit and now we will murder eveyone.
Rag_hater

Postby Dipstick » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:09 am

Clueless players, lack of endeavour, no shape to the team, directionless play, pointless substitutions, Stuart Pearce on the touchline...
Brings back some memories.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby JB » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:21 am

I'm not English, don't live in or support England but last night's display was too much for me. That was definitely one of the most inept displays I have ever seen on a football pitch. You have got to blame the manager when so many so-called top class players are reduced to that kind of rabble. Capello's behaviour has been odd since the friendlies - 6mins for AJ then dropped, Joe Cole plays his way into squad but isn't used...something is very wrong with the setup in South Africa.

The only players to come away with some credit were James, A.Cole, SWP, Barry and Defoe...can't think of any others. Lampard, Carragher, and Heskey should never play for England again. Bench Rooney, put Joe Cole on the left, move Gerrard to the centre and play SWP on the right and there might be some improvement.

Capello should resign after the World Cup as he can't handle tournament football. It's very sad to see someone with that kind of record's credibility dissipate so quickly. He turned into Frank Clark before my very eyes.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby JB » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:23 am

Mike J wrote:i think it is a crying shame that capello was too much of a pussy to include adam johnson. its not blue tinted specs. that lad could have come off the bench last night and changed the game. he actually has confidence in his ability. im sure he could of done some damage.

I'm relieved that AJ has been spared the trauma and hasn't been damaged by the experience. We need him more than England do.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby Mike J » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:43 am

JB wrote:
Mike J wrote:i think it is a crying shame that capello was too much of a pussy to include adam johnson. its not blue tinted specs. that lad could have come off the bench last night and changed the game. he actually has confidence in his ability. im sure he could of done some damage.

I'm relieved that AJ has been spared the trauma and hasn't been damaged by the experience. We need him more than England do.

lol good point.

it just would of been nice to see him on the big stage showing his ridiculous talents. he's one of the most confident players ive ever seen, he could of shone.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ashton287 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:54 am

JB wrote:I'm not English, don't live in or support England but last night's display was too much for me. That was definitely one of the most inept displays I have ever seen on a football pitch. You have got to blame the manager when so many so-called top class players are reduced to that kind of rabble. Capello's behaviour has been odd since the friendlies - 6mins for AJ then dropped, Joe Cole plays his way into squad but isn't used...something is very wrong with the setup in South Africa.

The only players to come away with some credit were James, A.Cole, SWP, Barry and Defoe...can't think of any others. Lampard, Carragher, and Heskey should never play for England again. Bench Rooney, put Joe Cole on the left, move Gerrard to the centre and play SWP on the right and there might be some improvement.

Capello should resign after the World Cup as he can't handle tournament football. It's very sad to see someone with that kind of record's credibility dissipate so quickly. He turned into Frank Clark before my very eyes.

He was offered a new improved contract before the world cup even started, ridiculous.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:56 am

JB wrote:I'm not English, don't live in or support England but last night's display was too much for me. That was definitely one of the most inept displays I have ever seen on a football pitch. You have got to blame the manager when so many so-called top class players are reduced to that kind of rabble. Capello's behaviour has been odd since the friendlies - 6mins for AJ then dropped, Joe Cole plays his way into squad but isn't used...something is very wrong with the setup in South Africa.

Blaming the manager is a get out clause for these creeps in each tournament. Usually in each tournament there's a game where they start to play all of a sudden & look a class side yet when they fuck up, it's down to the manager. Admittedly we've had some proper wankers in charge making stupid decisions & Capello seems to have suddenly turned into the archetypical England manager (4-4-2/Heskey/Carragher etc) but if that same 11 lined up as a Premier League team, even with Heskey in it, they would challenge ANY of the teams in this current competiition. They would crush that Algerian 11 in a PL game, no question. The fact that they suddenly can't trap or pass a ball or shoot is the player's fault not the manager's.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:59 am

ashton287 wrote:

He was offered a new improved contract before the world cup even started, ridiculous.

Maybe by the time the next world cup comes around and Gerrard & Lampard have fucked off, we will have a bit more of a team picked for the way they form a team, rather than on reputation.

Its been a shambles since he said he would select his tournament squads on form, yet picks Carragher, SWP, Heskey for very spurious reasons. As per usual, the squad has its untouchables in Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Terry, when only Terry really deserves a place on merit. If you have a team of untouchables, who fail to perform in tournament after tournament, you are destined only for failure, and it ultimately boils down to the manager to be brave and select Crouch, Parker, Johnson, play Joe Cole, rather than keep on relying on players who are simply not upto tournament football.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:06 am

johnpb78 wrote:
ashton287 wrote:

Maybe by the time the next world cup comes around and Gerrard & Lampard have fucked off, we will have a bit more of a team picked for the way they form a team, rather than on reputation.

Its been a shambles since he said he would select his tournament squads on form, yet picks Carragher, SWP, Heskey for very spurious reasons. As per usual, the squad has its untouchables in Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Terry, when only Terry really deserves a place on merit. If you have a team of untouchables, who fail to perform in tournament after tournament, you are destined only for failure, and it ultimately boils down to the manager to be brave and select Crouch, Parker, Johnson, play Joe Cole, rather than keep on relying on players who are simply not upto tournament football.

I'm not very optimistic about most of the next generation of English players. Unless there are plenty of 'hidden gems' , most of the young players I've seen & the U21's make this lot look like Argentina from '78.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby crossan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:43 pm

THEY ARE A DISGRACE,OVERPAID, PAMPERED, ATTENTION SEEKING PRIMADONAS,THEY ARE UTTERLY CLUELESS WITHOUT THEIR FOREIGN CLUBMATES TO RELY ON,LAMPARD,TERRY,A.COLE,GERRARD,ROONEY.JOHNSON,ALL ,ABSOLUTELY SHITE,NO PRIDE IN THE SHIRT FROM WHAT I CAN SEE,THEY WANT THEIR BLOODY ARSES KICKING.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm struggling to find reasons for it - basically the same team that sailed through the qualifiers. Maybe half the team is too stupid to follow instructions if they differ from their club instructions which have been drilled into them all season in a 'Pavlov's dogs' method.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:30 pm

btajim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I disagree mate, and I rate a couple of our players above him. Yes, he is good for a a team who have a great (and I mean that) club manager, but he is not in the same league as the rest of the top players; fuck potentially, he is not that player. And what really winds me up is that he has no allegiance to our country, failing to sing the National Anthem, regardless of choice.

Honestly mate, if we are relying on him to take us anywhere then I'll give up now, just like Lennon, they have no pride whatsoever. They are a law unto themselves and won't help us prove our worth, which has been shown (sad face there mate).

Could you name the English Players you rate above Rooney to play in that position? I wouldn't be starting with Heskey btw.

And Capello was once one of the very finest Managers in the World. I've no doubt about it. The professionalism he installed in England from day one was evident - but it's fallen apart as soon as the World Cup arrived. Look at how easy qualification was.

I'm still optimistic that things will click in time for the Slovenia Match but I'll be leading the riots if England finish 3rd in the Group. Well, I won't be rioting but you know what I mean.

Cheers for the reply Jim, only just spotted it. And the answer to your question (without looking down my nose at you) is that I actually rate a few higher than Rooney in that position because I just don't see him as an out-and-out striker. For me he is a second striker, someone who sits off the front man, picks up the bits and pieces and allows the front man to do his business. In my opinion, that's the problem with our current set-up, we're using Heskey in the second striker role which should be where Rooney is and if you are playing a 2nd striker to feed a 2nd striker then there's going to be problems, if you know what I mean.

For me, I'd put Bent, Defoe and even Peter Crouch above him in the front man role as I actually see the likes of Defoe and Bent as out-and-out strikers, with Crouch somewhere inbetween. The problem is that no manager has the balls to drop him from the 1st team or seemingly now, not even able to play him off a front man. Don't get me wrong, Rooney is a quality player but I just wonder if he'd be that 1st name on the team sheet if he wasn't at United but still at Everton? At United, Taggart has renewed his faith in him due to the sale of Tranny but if you look past this season, is Rooney really the star performer that we are led to believe he is? Yes, he runs around a lot, yes he scores some goals, but if you consider that last season he scored less Premier goals than our very own Robinho, and only the same amount as Bent, who had limited appearances and finished 7 places lower than the Champions, then it does get you thinking. The season before that he scored about the same as Defoe and the season before that only scored 1 more goal than Bent, who was playing for fucking Charlton.

I was checking up on some stats prior to the WC starting and was amazed to find that Rooney's success rate was 1 goal in nearly 2 games (about 170 minutes), whereas Crouch who has not been a regular starter had a success rate of a goal a game (about 95 mins), even Defoe was a goal in 125 minutes. I checked on Bent but there wasn't much as you'd well guess, but when you look at his record for Sunderland this year, a team that finished 13th in the league, 24 goals is no mean feat by any standards.

So Jim, hopefully I've give you a valid answer, without starting with Heskey! Rooney may be your cup of tea for leading the attack, but for me he should play off the front man, as Heskey does with him.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:31 pm

ashton287 wrote:

I KNOW !!!

The fucking FA are absolute idiot's.........wtf was the point in giving someone an extended contract before a WC ???
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
ashton287 wrote:

I'm not very optimistic about most of the next generation of English players. Unless there are plenty of 'hidden gems' , most of the young players I've seen & the U21's make this lot look like Argentina from '78.

Me neither mate, by the time of the next world cup we could be taking a very poor squad, but maybe, just maybe the manager will be able to make them into a team, as we all know the quality of the teamwork, working hard for each other, having a proper team ethos is more important than having star names on the teamsheet.

Germany have proved it many times over the years, they had a shite squad last time round, nobody gave them a chance, but under Klinnsman they gelled and became a formiddable team.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum