***Official England v Algeria Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official England v Algeria Thread***

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
really? Well, I've shown you numerous of examples about his shortcomings as a defender. Yet you claim he is quality and none of those happened. Isn't it actually other way around?

And being smug on English when your own side got beaten today is bit silly don't you think? At least they got a point.

Their first game, fairly early (something like 25 mins intot he game I think?) Lahm gets his foot in the way of a shot that was on target and very probably saved his team from going a goal down. In the second game he intercepts a through ball on the edge of his own area with one touch which redirects it to his own keeper rather than an attacking player out wide on an overlap. That's one example in each of their two games so I'll do what you do and claim his entire defensive performances in each of those games were brilliant based on those individual occurances.

Don't bother. He thinks Lahm is absolute shit and only plays for Germany because there is no better Right Back... which consequently must mean that Boateng is even shittier than Lahm because Lahm is keeping Boateng out of the team.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:R5l : breaking news... At least one England fan got into the changing room post match... Beckham confronted

why the hell would they attack Beckham.

Now that I think of it he DOES deserve a slap for showing thumbs up after every fucking completed pass.

I really don't know... But I know confronting someone is different from attackng them
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby razor400 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I thought France were bad and showed a lack of interest but it seemed the same tonight with England. Individuals were so below par it just wasn't funny with Rooney and Lampard leading the way.The only thing Heskey did right in the whole match was tackling, Lennon just didnt try to get past his man and so it went on.
A totally shocking performance.

The thing is I think Lennon will start again on Wednesday despite another shite performance. I think Joe Cole needs a run out. SWP on the right. Cole on the left. Stevie G in the hole behind the striker.

^^^^^THAT^^^^^ playing gerrard on the left is nowt but a moronic idea, hesey is a turd and muney has been wank. Abpout time Defoe was started.

James/Hart
Johnson Dawson Shagrat Cole
SWP Lampard Barry J Cole
Gerrard
Defoe

Job done!
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Blue2 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:29 pm

What's happened to our superstar world class striker? He was fuclin rubbish - again!
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:31 pm

razor400 wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I thought France were bad and showed a lack of interest but it seemed the same tonight with England. Individuals were so below par it just wasn't funny with Rooney and Lampard leading the way.The only thing Heskey did right in the whole match was tackling, Lennon just didnt try to get past his man and so it went on.
A totally shocking performance.

The thing is I think Lennon will start again on Wednesday despite another shite performance. I think Joe Cole needs a run out. SWP on the right. Cole on the left. Stevie G in the hole behind the striker.

^^^^^THAT^^^^^ playing gerrard on the left is nowt but a moronic idea, hesey is a turd and muney has been wank. Abpout time Defoe was started.

James/Hart
Johnson Dawson Shagrat Cole
SWP Lampard Barry J Cole
Gerrard
Defoe

Job done!

We're shit and now everyone in the world knows it. So what. We're not good enough. The side is unbalanced, slow and lacking in any creativity. We dont deserve to go through and I dont real give a shit whether we do or not.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:35 pm

The thing which suprises me... The papers will have a go at Capello, a la the Graham Taylor swede head picture, but won't have a go at the players. But these are largely the same players which didn't get to Euro 2008 under Mclaren

I can see Capello resigning on Wednesday if England don't advance

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby ryanmjo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Manx Blue wrote:The thing which suprises me... The papers will have a go at Capello, a la the Graham Taylor swede head picture, but won't have a go at the players. But these are largely the same players which didn't get to Euro 2008 under Mclaren

I agree the players were terrible, but I think the papers would be quite right in having a go at Capello. He claims he's going to pick based on form, then he picks Green over Hart, Carragher over Dawson, Heskey over Defoe or Crouch, SWP over Adam Johnson...
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Manx Blue wrote:The thing which suprises me... The papers will have a go at Capello, a la the Graham Taylor swede head picture, but won't have a go at the players. But these are largely the same players which didn't get to Euro 2008 under Mclaren

Well to be honest he should resign then.

And maybe, just maybe the next manager will actually really pick a team on performances, a team that works and will not just try to mash up all the big names of English football into one team, to the point where Gerrard is being asked to play on the left and the midfield is lacking so much creativity that Rooney constantly drops deep to get the ball when actually he should be up front to get the ball there (for example from Heskey) because that's where he is the most dangerous.

And I am sorry but Lampard and Gerrard in the same midfield simply doesn't work. I would drop one of them and play Joe Cole instead.

I know Heskey is at least trying and the problem with him is just his ability but why is he even at the world cup? If Capello would stick to what he said he should have taken Bent with him. He also should have taken Adam Johnson with him and he should have played Hart in goal and not Green.
avoidconfusion

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:59 pm

The England team will get slaughtered for this. Rightly so. Was this performance unexpected? not really. Do the players earn a lot of money? yes. Does this automatically make them better than any opposition on any given day? no. Discount that argument, although some will say thats the reason they dont perform, all the money means that theres no hunger. Rubbish. Professional pride. They want to win, but the question is do they know how to?.
Forget all this hunger and passion nonsense, where was the interplay?, the understanding? the ability to create chances to win with some form of pattern, an idea of each players job? If England beat Slovenia SO FUCKING WHAT? more beer sales, more tub thumping, more flags outside of windows, more petty media soap operas and more uncertainty about what England can and can't do. Papering over the fucking cracks.
They can't pass well enough, they can't move well enough, and it doesnt matter if you pay a manager 25 million a year, he has to work with the fruits of our system in this country. Aside from the blacklisting of Joe Cole and the exclusion of adam johnson, what the fuck else is there? we turn into Spain overnight ? We are 25 years behind in the way we approach the game in this country. I've said it before. We should have started in the mid eighties but we didn't, we let things slide, and exceptions(sorry but thats what they are) In 1990 and 1996 delayed the inevitable judgement. We don't even do ourselves justice anymore for fucks sake. Winning this World Cup was always pie in the sky but you were still hoping for flickers of hope. I was. I was looking for this team to prove me and other doubters wrong.
Look at our under 21 team...where are the players waiting to step in? it isnt seamless, and it needs to be, if England are to have any realistic chance in future tournaments. A country with Football at its heart and with such a high profile league cannot afford for anything else to happen. Of course we might stink a 1-0 against Slovenia and qualify but come on, to gain anything from this tournament England have to vastly improve, even if its all done just to paper over the cracks again.
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:00 pm

The papers will slaughter Capello which is a bit rich as they have just spent two years sucking his dick and saying how wonderful it is to have a proper manager at last and isn't it great that he rules with an iron fist and all that bollocks.

Ted is right. You can argue about formation and balance and selection but you cannot legislate for the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard etc playing like they had never kicked a football in their lives. It was beyond belief how inept most of the team were. To be honest I don't think they can get or play any worse so I guess whatever they do against Slovenia has to be an improvement.

Oh and cue calls for an English manager to put the pride back into the shirt etc. Trouble is we tried that route and we end up not even qualifying. Equally though irrespective of how good or how poor English managers are I do think national sides should be managed by someone of the same nationality. Call me old fashioned.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:41 pm

The best two England managers overthe past 60 years have been Ramsey and Robson. Both came from Ipswich Town,

So.............

Step forward Roy Keane
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby kinkylola » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:10 am

i held off commenting till now because i think people needed some time to cool off. But england was fucking wank last night, and on the back of their two performances deserve 3rd in the group at best. I will be laughing my tits off at all you twats if the USA make it through and England don't. Of course the USA's ability to fuck up when fate is in our own hands is almost as bad as England and City ... so it will probably be us going home first round and I'm ok with that (knowing we were robbed of a win by a fucking ref). I hope it papers over the cracks of your shitness for just a little longer. That much longer for us to catch up.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:26 am

UTTER UTTER FUCKING WANK.

FUCK LAMPARD OFF, FUCK ROONEY OFF, FUCK CARRAGHER OFF, FUCK LENNON OFF.

TWO FUCKING WINGS, HERE'S A FUCKING CLUE DON CRAPELLO, TWO FUCKING WINGERS.

UTTER UTTER FUCKING WANK.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:32 am

FIFA... Have just released a statement regarding last night post match events.

Apparently the England fan didn't break into the changing room last night... He was let in by Rob Green

Manx Blue

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:58 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I disagree mate, and I rate a couple of our players above him. Yes, he is good for a a team who have a great (and I mean that) club manager, but he is not in the same league as the rest of the top players; fuck potentially, he is not that player. And what really winds me up is that he has no allegiance to our country, failing to sing the National Anthem, regardless of choice.

Honestly mate, if we are relying on him to take us anywhere then I'll give up now, just like Lennon, they have no pride whatsoever. They are a law unto themselves and won't help us prove our worth, which has been shown (sad face there mate).

Could you name the English Players you rate above Rooney to play in that position? I wouldn't be starting with Heskey btw.

And Capello was once one of the very finest Managers in the World. I've no doubt about it. The professionalism he installed in England from day one was evident - but it's fallen apart as soon as the World Cup arrived. Look at how easy qualification was.

I'm still optimistic that things will click in time for the Slovenia Match but I'll be leading the riots if England finish 3rd in the Group. Well, I won't be rioting but you know what I mean.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:18 am

for a blissful minute or two after waking i forgot that game had even happened.

what an utter, utter disgrace. we are fucking useless.
The Man In Blue

Postby ashton287 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:24 am

SHIT. rooney, heskey, lennon, lampard and carragher were all complete shiiiit and the rest werent that much better. only player on the pitch who looked intrested in playing was barry and he gets subbed! is capello taking the piss?. just leave lampard on to shoot from outside the box everytime he gets a yard. i fucking hate lampard.

-----------------------HART/JAMES-----------------

JOHNSON---DAWSON/UPSON---TERRY-----COLE

WRIGHTY-------BARRY-----------------COLE-------
---------------------------GERRARD------------------

---------------DEFOE------------CROUCH------------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS IS THE TEAM THAT NEEDS TO START ON WED AND IF THEY WIN THIS IS THE TEAM THAT SHOULD PLAY THE NEXT GAME AND THE ONE AFTER THAT, Rooney, lamtard, lennon, carragher, heskey, milner, green are all either shit and/or dont give 2 fucks about playing for england and it makes me fucking sick to see them stroll about the pitch. I feel sorry for the rest of the country though, atleast as city fans were used to the laugh or cry feeling.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:34 am

bad result, all not lost yet for yous, could be worse.

Btw algeria are poor, ireland hammered them a few weeks ago, the thing that might save yous is everyone is as poor as eachother no great teams so scrape through group and youve as much chance as anyone......
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:44 am

ashton287 wrote:-----------------------HART/JAMES-----------------

JOHNSON---DAWSON/UPSON---TERRY-----COLE

WRIGHTY-------BARRY-----------------COLE-------
---------------------------GERRARD------------------

---------------DEFOE------------CROUCH------------

I agree with all of that, with the exception of Johnson. Can we break his legs and fly Micah in, he has never let England down.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:06 am

Manx Blue wrote:FIFA... Have just released a statement regarding last night post match events.

Apparently the England fan didn't break into the changing room last night... He was let in by Rob Green

Hahahahaha
avoidconfusion

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum