Altidore

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Altidore

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:
Slim wrote:I asked in the USA match thread who was worse, Altidore or Heskey. Seems there are more similarities I was unaware of.

Heskey has a history of being shit, Altidore is still building on that. He is from the town I live in, and I think about 3 people here know that...

Shit for club? Yes. At least Jozy turns it on for country though. 26 caps, 9 goals. Heskey: 57 caps, 7 goals.

caps per goals don't mean much in your qualifying area. I think even Heskey would put few past Barbados. Now that I think of it, so would I.

Here he goes again, evidence is showing CONCACAF is not that easy. And frankly, I am not sure based on performance England would have qualified as easy as they did in Europe.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:
Slim wrote:I asked in the USA match thread who was worse, Altidore or Heskey. Seems there are more similarities I was unaware of.

Heskey has a history of being shit, Altidore is still building on that. He is from the town I live in, and I think about 3 people here know that...

Shit for club? Yes. At least Jozy turns it on for country though. 26 caps, 9 goals. Heskey: 57 caps, 7 goals.

caps per goals don't mean much in your qualifying area. I think even Heskey would put few past Barbados. Now that I think of it, so would I.

Here he goes again, evidence is showing CONCACAF is not that easy. And frankly, I am not sure based on performance England would have qualified as easy as they did in Europe.

Strange, our performances in qualifying were quite good. Are you saying that based on the two games we've played so far at the world cup? Being you have done every bit as good or bad as we have at the world cup, would you then assume that USA would not have qualified either?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Strange, our performances in qualifying were quite good. Are you saying that based on the two games we've played so far at the world cup? Being you have done every bit as good or bad as we have at the world cup, would you then assume that USA would not have qualified either?

Where did I say not qualify? Please show me that as opposed to your normal bullshit spin on everything? Very clear what I said is "as easy," let me put it in yellow so you can read it slowly as written and not as you choose to see it.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:39 pm

Florida Blue wrote:

Where did I say not qualify? Please show me that as opposed to your normal bullshit spin on everything? Very clear what I said is "as easy," let me put it in yellow so you can read it slowly as written and not as you choose to see it.

Fine, do you think the USA would have struggled to qualify as well?

You could have just pointed it out and then answered the question as you aren't that stupid, or at least I assume you aren't.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:34 pm

Slim wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:

Fine, do you think the USA would have struggled to qualify as well?

You could have just pointed it out and then answered the question as you aren't that stupid, or at least I assume you aren't.

I don't believe the USA breezed through as it was, it came down to the last couple of matches, so I think that alone answers your quesion.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Citeh&Crew » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:30 am

Blue Blood wrote:Utter rubbish.

28 games played for Hull last season and 1 goal.

The stats don't lie, strikers are there to score and he's not done the business in the prem. Simples.

Yes.. simples.. just like your thought process.

He didn't start for many games, this year, and furthermore, he received crap service when he was playing.

He's a lot better than his "strike-rate". Heck, England have a similar player starting in the World Cup.. I believe his name is Emile Heskey? I suppose he is utter garbage too?
Citeh&Crew

Postby kinkylola » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:35 am

I agree with your point about Altidore, and I think he has a lot of potential and for a big strong striker, he actually is pretty quick. His decisions need work, but that will come with more game time in a european setting.

Your comparison to heskey is wide of the mark though, because frankly, he is utter crap haha.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Citeh&Crew » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:43 am

kinkylola wrote:I agree with your point about Altidore, and I think he has a lot of potential and for a big strong striker, he actually is pretty quick. His decisions need work, but that will come with more game time in a european setting.

Your comparison to heskey is wide of the mark though, because frankly, he is utter crap haha.

I think that Heskey's mis-cue against Tim Howard (i.e. shooting right into his arms) has unfairly colored the opinion of most England fans. Heskey is excellent at controlling the game up top, even if he doesn't hammer them home. He certainly (is supposed to) increase the effectiveness of his strike partners. I know that is not the case in his partnership with Rooney in the WC, but I would argue the reason behind Rooney's ineffectiveness gravitates around the fact that he is practically a central midfielder at this point! And the reason he is tracking back is partially due to the weird inability of Lamps and Gerrard to play cohesively. I used to think that complaint was a myth. Now, I feel as if I am watching an English episode of the Twilight Zone, whenever those two are on the field together.
Citeh&Crew

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:45 am

Citeh&Crew wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:Utter rubbish.

28 games played for Hull last season and 1 goal.

The stats don't lie, strikers are there to score and he's not done the business in the prem. Simples.

Yes.. simples.. just like your thought process.

He didn't start for many games, this year, and furthermore, he received crap service when he was playing.

He's a lot better than his "strike-rate". Heck, England have a similar player starting in the World Cup.. I believe his name is Emile Heskey? I suppose he is utter garbage too?

ERRRRRRRRR

These overpatriotic Yanks here are fucking hilarious.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby kinkylola » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:04 am

don't quite see how that is over patriotic ... but I know you won't be dissuaded.

How about sticking to the topic? Thank you.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:11 am

kinkylola wrote:don't quite see how that is over patriotic ... but I know you won't be dissuaded.

How about you sticking this topic where the sun don't shine. This has fuck all to do about Manchester City. If you want to talk about shit Wolverhampton reject Yanks, go to fucking wearesepticsunited.com to discuss about it.

And weren't you the one giving fucking large to English on English message board the other day? Clown.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:16 am

kinkylola wrote:don't quite see how that is over patriotic ... but I know you won't be dissuaded.

How about you sticking this topic where the sun don't shine. This has fuck all to do about Manchester City. If you want to talk about shit Wolverhampton reject Yanks, go to fucking wearesepticsunited.com to discuss about it.

And weren't you the one giving fucking large to English on English message board the other day? Clown.

Well I stay on topic don't I?

move this thread and all the other non-city threads to off-topic then, if that's your complaint.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby irblinx » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:18 am

He's a worse version of Caicedo
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 am

kinkylola wrote:

Well I stay on topic don't I?

move this thread and all the other non-city threads to off-topic then, if that's your complaint.

In fact, no you don't.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:39 am

Citeh&Crew wrote:
kinkylola wrote:I agree with your point about Altidore, and I think he has a lot of potential and for a big strong striker, he actually is pretty quick. His decisions need work, but that will come with more game time in a european setting.

I think that Heskey's mis-cue against Tim Howard (i.e. shooting right into his arms) has unfairly colored the opinion of most England fans. Heskey is excellent at controlling the game up top, even if he doesn't hammer them home. He certainly (is supposed to) increase the effectiveness of his strike partners. I know that is not the case in his partnership with Rooney in the WC, but I would argue the reason behind Rooney's ineffectiveness gravitates around the fact that he is practically a central midfielder at this point! And the reason he is tracking back is partially due to the weird inability of Lamps and Gerrard to play cohesively. I used to think that complaint was a myth. Now, I feel as if I am watching an English episode of the Twilight Zone, whenever those two are on the field together.

I think 10 years of seeing him hit the ball into any keeper's hands has quite fairly coloured the opinion of most England fans. And if he increased the effectiveness of his strike partners, he would have played more than 14 games for Villa last year.

Ultimately, the silly cunt helps Rooney to score so we are told, yet Heskey never scores, and lets say that Rooney gets 1 in 2, that is actually a 1 in 4 strike partnership and makes any side highly ineffective. I'd rather have 2 players who could both score 1 in 2, eg Crouch and Rooney.

He is shit, he brings the team down, the maths are very simple there is no further discussion needed.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum