Altidore

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Altidore

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:09 pm

I think he is a decent striker who would do well in the premiership.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Altidore

Postby kinkylola » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:10 pm

... he's been playing in the prem. for hull.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Vhero » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:14 pm

kinkylola wrote:... he's been playing in the prem. for hull.

Well said and less than average too. 28 appearances 1 goal says it all really for a striker.. Jo scored 1 goal in 9 for us at the same age...
Last edited by Vhero on Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Kyle » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:16 pm

I really really rate Jozy. At 21 his body is already filled out and he looks very comfortable with his size. Speed wise, he is average, but the way he uses his body and strength make him a force to be reckoned with. His decision making is suspect at times as well, which is common for his age. I really want him to see him get more experiance as a lone striker because I believe he would thrive in that role.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby ryanmjo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:34 pm

I watched Jozy play for Hull 10+ times this year. He was by no means great, but his strike rate really does not tell the whole story. His role really was to just have the ball lumped up the pitch to him, where he would try to hold the ball up or lay it off to some other shite Hull player. I think he can still become a decent European player, but the clock is kind of ticking here.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Utter rubbish.

28 games played for Hull last season and 1 goal.

The stats don't lie, strikers are there to score and he's not done the business in the prem. Simples.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Kyle » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:39 pm

ryanmjo wrote:I watched Jozy play for Hull 10+ times this year. He was by no means great, but his strike rate really does not tell the whole story. His role really was to just have the ball lumped up the pitch to him, where he would try to hold the ball up or lay it off to some other shite Hull player. I think he can still become a decent European player, but the clock is kind of ticking here.

Spot on. And at Hull he didn't get a consistent run of games with the same partner, as they were always switching up his role and who he partnered. He just needs a consistant run of games with a team with half decent players. Everton seems a perfect fit for me, or a side like sunderland.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:01 pm

LMAO!

i didnt even notice, kinda shoots my idea out the sky!
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ryanmjo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:02 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:

LMAO!

I'll give you 3 guesses as to which Prem side he scored his lone goal against...
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 pm

ryanmjo wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:

LMAO!

I'll give you 3 guesses as to which Prem side he scored his lone goal against...

Im gonna go with the team everybody seems to score there first goal against after playing about 20 odd other games before

CITY!!!!!
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Kyle wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:I watched Jozy play for Hull 10+ times this year. He was by no means great, but his strike rate really does not tell the whole story. His role really was to just have the ball lumped up the pitch to him, where he would try to hold the ball up or lay it off to some other shite Hull player. I think he can still become a decent European player, but the clock is kind of ticking here.

Spot on. And at Hull he didn't get a consistent run of games with the same partner, as they were always switching up his role and who he partnered. He just needs a consistant run of games with a team with half decent players. Everton seems a perfect fit for me, or a side like sunderland.

Moyes was there in person watching the game too...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby BobKowalski » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Blue Blood wrote:Utter rubbish.

The stats don't lie, strikers are there to score and he's not done the business in the prem. Simples.

You mean like Heskey

These days its not just about the goals it seems
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Blue Blood wrote:Utter rubbish.

this

besides I saw him fair few times and he was rubbish.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:10 pm

I asked in the USA match thread who was worse, Altidore or Heskey. Seems there are more similarities I was unaware of.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Florida Blue » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:32 pm

Slim wrote:I asked in the USA match thread who was worse, Altidore or Heskey. Seems there are more similarities I was unaware of.

Heskey has a history of being shit, Altidore is still building on that. He is from the town I live in, and I think about 3 people here know that...
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ryanmjo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
Slim wrote:I asked in the USA match thread who was worse, Altidore or Heskey. Seems there are more similarities I was unaware of.

Heskey has a history of being shit, Altidore is still building on that. He is from the town I live in, and I think about 3 people here know that...

Shit for club? Yes. At least Jozy turns it on for country though. 26 caps, 9 goals. Heskey: 57 caps, 7 goals.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:00 pm

ryanmjo wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:

Shit for club? Yes. At least Jozy turns it on for country though. 26 caps, 9 goals. Heskey: 57 caps, 7 goals.

caps per goals don't mean much in your qualifying area. I think even Heskey would put few past Barbados. Now that I think of it, so would I.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ryanmjo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:

caps per goals don't mean much in your qualifying area. I think even Heskey would put few past Barbados. Now that I think of it, so would I.

He's never scored against Barbados. Hat trick against 2006 qualifiers Trinidad, goals against Turkey, Mexico, and Spain as well. Not exactly crap teams there. I'm not arguing that he's some great player, but his international form is far ahead of Heskey's.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:42 pm

ryanmjo wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:

He's never scored against Barbados. Hat trick against 2006 qualifiers Trinidad, goals against Turkey, Mexico, and Spain as well. Not exactly crap teams there. I'm not arguing that he's some great player, but his international form is far ahead of Heskey's.

of course he's better than Heskey. My nana was better than Heskey when she could still walk. Now she's pretty much on same level.

Still not very good player.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bluej » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:50 pm

ryanmjo wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:

Ok, turn that on its head then, he hasn't been able to score against Barbados.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum