Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:02 am

Yaya Toure's agent says he expects the Barcelona midfielder to join his brother Kolo at Manchester City "very soon". The Guardian

Micah Richards has been continually linked with a move to White Hart Lane in recent weeks, as question marks remain over the City star’s long term future at Eastlands. A move to Tottenham could be the kickstart the 21-year-old defender needs, so he can fulfil his undoubted potential.
It’s fair to say that Richards career has curtailed somewhat recently, after making his debut for England aged just 18, and in the process becoming the nation’s youngest ever defender and he hasn’t hit the heights as quickly as people expected. Injuries and some off-field issues may have contributed to his loss of form and his fall from the international set-up.
Should he join Spurs then it could be a chance for him to carry on where he left off and get himself back into the England set-up. Looking at the forums the general consensus amongst Spurs fans is that he would be a good addition to the squad as he would offer some much needed pace, strength and aerial ability. Equally there are some fans that worry about his attitude and believe that he isn’t consistent enough, however he is still only 21-years-old and those problems can be overcome with good management.
It could be that he has been mis-managed at City as they have gone through a number of managers during his time there, and constant changes like that can’t be good for a young player’s development. Richards also famously launched a touch-line tirade at Stuart Pearce when he was in charge of City. Pearce was the man who gave Richards his City debut and it is possible that his attitude problem didn’t get sorted out there and then, and has developed and held him back. Harry Redknapp is an excellent man-manager and as he has shown throughout his managerial career that he knows how to get the best out of young players and help shape their careers. Aaron Lennon, Tom Huddlestone and Gareth Bale are prime examples and you do wonder if he could work his magic with Richards as well.
However another question must be asked which is would Richards want to leave Manchester City, given the clubs’s massive ambitions? It remains to be seen whether Roberto Mancini truly rates him as he has been at the club for only six months and has yet to properly make his own stamp on the team. Interestingly City have recently signed German defender Jerome Boateng from Hamburg and he is a very similar player to Micah Richards so it could be that Mancini already has plans to move Richards on in the summer. Should he be deemed surplus to requirements then Tottenham would be a decent move for Micah and White Hart Lane could be a place where he finally can get his once promising career back on track.

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.anorak.co.uk/250042/celebrit ... phans.html

TRANSFER BOLLOX
New Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho is preparing a £15m offer for Liverpool defender Glen Johnson. The Sun

Bolton and Celtic are pursuing Brazilian striker Ilan, who is a free agent after leaving West Ham at the end of the season. Daily Mirror

Argentina star Lionel Messi has revealed that he has sent text messages to Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas to try to persuade him to join Barcelona. Daily Mirror

Arsenal defender Mikael Silvestre has yet to decide on an offer from CSKA Moscow after being offered a £4m-a-year deal by Abu Dhabi-based club Al Jazira. Daily Mail

Aston Villa are set to make a £6m bid for Fiorentina goalkeeper Sebastien Frey. The Sun

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has been in Germany to secure a deal for Schalke defender Heiko Westermann. Daily Mail

Birmingham hope to take former Wolves and Coventry striker Robbie Keane back to the West Midlands from Tottenham, seeing off interest from local rivals Aston Villa. Daily Mirror

St Etienne have joined Rangers in the race to take Manchester United's French winger Gabriel Obertan on loan, and the Ligue 1 side also want Stoke defender Ibrahima Sonko. Daily Mail

OTHER BOLLOX
Former Real Madrid boss Manuel Pellegrini is being lined up as a possible replacement for Rafael Benitez at Liverpool.

Pellegrini has held talks with Liverpool but Fulham's Roy Hodgson remains favourite to take over at Anfield. The Guardian

Blackpool are to make a second contract offer to manager Ian Holloway after he rejected their opening bid. Daily Mirror

England missed out on the chance to practice with the controversial Jabulani World Cup ball after a consignment sent to the Football Association in February went missing. Daily Mirror

Former Crystal Palace boss Paul Hart will be confirmed as Phil Brown's successor as Hull manager in the next few days. Daily Mirror

German side Borussia Dortmund have banned vuvuzelas from their stadium. "These horrid things will be forbidden from the Westfalenstadion," said general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke. Guardian
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby simon12 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:11 am

German side Borussia Dortmund have banned vuvuzelas from their stadium. "These horrid things will be forbidden from the Westfalenstadion," said general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke.

I hope this is a Europe wide thing to be honest....Trumpet for wankers if you ask me.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Chinners » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:05 pm

David Silva has been urged to make the move to Manchester City by Liverpool pair Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina.
The Manchester United Evening News says Valencia winger Silva initially ruled out a move to Eastlands due to the lack of Champions League football but whisperers in the Spanish camp in South Africa claim that team-mates who play in the Premier League – and ex-Liverpool men Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa – have told him that City are set to become the next major force in the Premier League.
The Blues are set to make him one of the highest-paid players in the Premier League on £160,000-a-week over a five-year deal.
They are also prepared to outbid Chelsea, Inter Milan and Barcelona for the attacking midfielder, who manager Roberto Mancini believes could transform the Blues into a top-four side.

OTHER BOLLOX
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he will sign a defender before the end of the World Cup. He told the club's website: "There will be something happening before the end of the World Cup - certainly on the defensive side."Arsenal.com

Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina fears the club could face a "really tough" season should stars Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres follow former boss Rafael Benitez through the Anfield exit door this summer. Guardian
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Vhero » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:34 pm

Chinners wrote:David Silva has been urged to make the move to Manchester City by Liverpool pair Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina.
The Manchester U***d Evening News says Valencia winger Silva initially ruled out a move to Eastlands due to the lack of Champions League football but whisperers in the Spanish camp in South Africa claim that team-mates who play in the Premier League – and ex-Liverpool men Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa – have told him that City are set to become the next major force in the Premier League.
The Blues are set to make him one of the highest-paid players in the Premier League on £160,000-a-week over a five-year deal.
They are also prepared to outbid Chelsea, Inter Milan and Barcelona for the attacking midfielder, who manager Roberto Mancini believes could transform the Blues into a top-four side.

Quality! I think if we get him also Torres will follow.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dronny » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Vhero wrote:
Chinners wrote:David Silva has been urged to make the move to Manchester City by Liverpool pair Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina.
The Manchester U***d Evening News says Valencia winger Silva initially ruled out a move to Eastlands due to the lack of Champions League football but whisperers in the Spanish camp in South Africa claim that team-mates who play in the Premier League – and ex-Liverpool men Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa – have told him that City are set to become the next major force in the Premier League.

I'd go all slitty eyed and shuffle with glee if we picked up both of them
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:12 pm

I would be thinking there might be something to a Torres transfer if Reina wasn't included there. He just signed a new 6 year deal and won't be moving this summer, god knows why they'd want Silva to come to us though.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Slim wrote:I would be thinking there might be something to a Torres transfer if Reina wasn't included there. He just signed a new 6 year deal and won't be moving this summer, god knows why they'd want Silva to come to us though.

Cuz they're mates and they'd be hanging out together in Northern England?

i'd love for you to move to Florida. Come on brother. You know it makes sense. Me + You + Humidity == FUN.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dazby » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:30 am

Vhero wrote:

My most annoying moment of the world cup was during the Spain game when a South African held up a sign saying "Please Torres Come to United."

Grrrrr
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:31 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:I would be thinking there might be something to a Torres transfer if Reina wasn't included there. He just signed a new 6 year deal and won't be moving this summer, god knows why they'd want Silva to come to us though.

Cuz they're mates and they'd be hanging out together in Northern England?

i'd love for you to move to Florida. Come on brother. You know it makes sense. Me + You + Humidity == FUN.

cheers

Then that means the same for Torres doesn't it? Welcome to the point, you only needed it explaining twice.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum