World Cup Harness

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

World Cup Harness

Postby Curlie » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:43 pm

What is the harness many of the players seem to be wearing under their shirts?

Been suggested to me it holds a monitor that sends their heart rate and blood pressure to the team doc during the game.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Re: World Cup Harness

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Ive been on FIFA's match centre during a few games and they report live stats including distance covered, so I think it will be some sort of GPS thing possibly combined with heart rate monitor.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ryanmjo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Curlie wrote:What is the harness many of the players seem to be wearing under their shirts?

Been suggested to me it holds a monitor that sends their heart rate and blood pressure to the team doc during the game.

If you're talking about the French players, I think that's how the uniform is designed.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Curlie wrote:What is the harness many of the players seem to be wearing under their shirts?

Yeah it will be. Most players nowadays train with them on. In the process of buying one myself. The one I'm getting is a Polar one.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:28 pm

Garmin Forerunners are really good if you're planning on doing any running (the ones with heart rate monitor and strap) - I've used two over the years. The newer ones have a better GPS receiver though, excellent for stats geeks (which I admit to being)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Curlie » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:47 pm

ryanmjo wrote:

If you're talking about the French players, I think that's how the uniform is designed.

No, don't think so. Abidal for example isn't wearing one tonight and I have seen other players in other teams wearing them.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Postby Dronny » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:26 pm

ryanmjo wrote:

Ahem, kit please
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ryanmjo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Curlie wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:

No, don't think so. Abidal for example isn't wearing one tonight and I have seen other players in other teams wearing them.

Mmm, I'll have to look harder then. I honestly haven't noticed.

Sorry Dronny, don't know what I was thinking.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Dronny » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:36 pm

ryanmjo wrote:
Curlie wrote:
ryanmjo wrote:

Mmm, I'll have to look harder then. I honestly haven't noticed.

Sorry Dronny, don't know what I was thinking.

;-)
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby halnone » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:54 pm

lol its called techfit. only adidas kits have them. players can choose if they want them or not. It's tighter and supposed to improve performance or something.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:33 am

halnone wrote:lol its called techfit. only adidas kits have them. players can choose if they want them or not. It's tighter and supposed to improve performance or something.

Maybe they should have spent more time making a decent bleeding ball
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 am

I think the word you're looking for is 'bra'.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum