Would you have Gelson back?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Would you have Gelson back?

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:09 am

I know it's the silly season but I can't believe we have a thread on this!! Joke or not.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Chinners » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:17 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Prefer him to de Jong. At least he has face the opposition goal at some stage in his career.

that, my friend, is interesting on several levels. And not in a good way. You think having Gelson in midfield would have won you two matches against the league champions this past season? Slag De Jong all you want, but he does a job...and is a good player. Once we've got a couple more pieces, and some focus on where and when he should play we'll be fine and it won't be so easy to slag him off. He might be a one-trick pony in your eyes, but he's the kind that will be on the pitch when we hoist a trophy. I think.

cheers

Well Gelson did score a couple of goals for us when playing in the same position that Nige occupies now. Do you think that Nige will ever score a goal for us ?? I don't see it in him.
To be fair to Nige, he does his job well but is 1 dimensional as he brings no attacking value to the team. Our other current DM's, Barry and Vieira on the other hand do get forward , do pass forward and get into scoring positions and also score. So in the absence of a world class playmaker, I would play Barry and Pat ahead of Nige.

Ha ha, the term 'defensive midfielder' should give you a clue as to if they have attacking value ... jeez
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:30 am

Chinners wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Prefer him to de Jong. At least he has face the opposition goal at some stage in his career.

that, my friend, is interesting on several levels. And not in a good way. You think having Gelson in midfield would have won you two matches against the league champions this past season? Slag De Jong all you want, but he does a job...and is a good player. Once we've got a couple more pieces, and some focus on where and when he should play we'll be fine and it won't be so easy to slag him off. He might be a one-trick pony in your eyes, but he's the kind that will be on the pitch when we hoist a trophy. I think.

cheers

Well Gelson did score a couple of goals for us when playing in the same position that Nige occupies now. Do you think that Nige will ever score a goal for us ?? I don't see it in him.
To be fair to Nige, he does his job well but is 1 dimensional as he brings no attacking value to the team. Our other current DM's, Barry and Vieira on the other hand do get forward , do pass forward and get into scoring positions and also score. So in the absence of a world class playmaker, I would play Barry and Pat ahead of Nige.

Ha ha, the term 'defensive midfielder' should give you a clue as to if they have attacking value ... jeez

viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:56 am

Away against big teams or subbe on to hold a lead he'd be brilliant at. But if I was maanger he play less than half our games.

Edit I meant to quote dm bout ndj
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Away against big teams or subbe on to hold a lead he'd be brilliant at. But if I was maanger he play less than half our games.

Edit I meant to quote dm bout ndj

I'll go with that. At home Barry alone can do the job. At least he can pass forward !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby steveo_88 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Definately, I'd also re-sign Sun, Fowler and Mcmananananananaanananananananananaman.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum