Clint Dempsey Dumps on England

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Clint Dempsey Dumps on England

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:50 am

Crossie wrote:Jesus this is like being in a play ground, I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading this thread.

You're quite a slow reader, then.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Crossie » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:03 am

copy - paste

Jesus this is like being in a play ground
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Vhero » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:08 am

ryanmjo wrote:I'm biased, but I don't think he said anything wrong. Look at the points he made:
1.) England are under a lot of pressure - I don't think anyone denies that.
2.) Wayne Rooney didn't do much - He's a great player, but in the 2nd half he had to come back almost to the halfway line to get the ball.
3.) Green should have saved that shot. - Again, I don't think anyone can deny that.

Always said Rooney doesn't perform half as well in an England shirt compared to a scum one and always get shot down by my scum mates. Always get the same response " he's that good it doesn't matter which team he plays for" or something along those lines. Look at last season at the scum didn't perform half as well as this season. The guy can only play a certain way I think and his style obviously doesn't suit Capello who chooses a different system.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby kinkylola » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:20 am

Obviously england can do better, look at the individual talent they have. The players are definitely underachieving. Unfortunately they don't have a good platform for success because as a team, they are incapable. How's that work?

Also, be careful ... with such an incapable team, you might be the ones that end up playing germany. I don't want to imagine what would happen when your team of twats and half-wits came up against a team that is pretty much everything you are not.

us? well we've already played the tournament of our lives! ... nothing to lose at all going forward.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:20 am

kinkylola wrote:Obviously england can do better, look at the individual talent they have. The players are definitely underachieving. Unfortunately they don't have a good platform for success because as a team, they are incapable. How's that work?

Also, be careful ... with such an incapable team, you might be the ones that end up playing germany. I don't want to imagine what would happen when your team of twats and half-wits came up against a team that is pretty much everything you are not.

us? well we've already played the tournament of our lives! ... nothing to lose at all going forward.

I'd love to play Germany. They have no defence. Unfortunately someone else will probably get the chance to expose it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:46 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
kinkylola wrote:Obviously england can do better, look at the individual talent they have. The players are definitely underachieving. Unfortunately they don't have a good platform for success because as a team, they are incapable. How's that work?

I'd love to play Germany. They have no defence. Unfortunately someone else will probably get the chance to expose it.

yeah heskey would have a field day...;)

nothing wrong with interview in my opinion...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:59 am

Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
john68 wrote:This is "tournament football" a lot of games in a short space of time. You do what you need to do to get through. germany have been shit almost every World Cup. they just scrape through...often all the way to the final.

England did enough to win. You can't plan for freak goals...shit happens.

I suppose the Septics had no prematch nerves and they certainly didn't play well. A freak goal got them a draw. What's the problem?

it was a crap match from both sides. i can't honestly think of anyone who made me stand up and take notice with a fine performance save Howard maybe. Even that's a stretch. He just did his job.

cheers

I thought the US were fantastic, of course we have to set the bar REALLY low for you talentless clods.

England were obviously utterly shit, because anything an iota over that would have had us winning 5-0.

Good luck against Slovenia, they are the mighty might giants you are fighting over 2nd place with.

I find this whole thread laughable (after my initial post of course). Do you Brits really think your goal was a thing of beauty? It was a major fuckup by Riccardo Clark, fact, end of day. There was no wonderful buildup up, it was a fucked up throw in. As bad as Depmsey's goal was, it was just more painful as a goalie gaffe is a lot more obvious than an idiot not marking his man right after a throw in. So to say we were lucky to get our point says volumes about the denial England has on two fronts:

1. they are still a major soccer (yes I said it on purpose) power, you have won fuck all since 1966, and every time you get close one of your shit keepers fucks up....
2. the USA is still a fledgling side, it may be trivial but we have won a tournament in the past decade (ok Confed Cup but still, just saying)

Don't even question me as being blinded, Saturday was the first time in my life I have EVER not wanted England to win, and frankly I was happy with the tie (yes I said that on purpose as well) for both sides, as both now control their destiny.

As for the line highlighted in yellow above, this is the unrealistic sense of entitlement (not just you Slim my boy) that English fans seem to continue to wave, without any substance. I am not saying it is inaccurate to fear Slovenia (after all they dismantled Algeria 1-0) but after England's performance Saturday, the buildup matches to the Cup, their performance in Euro '08 (oh wait scratch that) they have been in shit form, and let's factor in the central defense and its porous consistency, and no threat from the left, you can easily slap that comment on England being the one hoping for 2nd place. The USA are expected to be decent and we are realistic, but some of the comments I see from England fans... I want England to succeed, but come on, stop drinking the Kool-aid and wake the fuck up.

Until you win something in our lifetime (John excluded) shut the fuck up, stop bashing the USA (as you know we are catching up, and I may argue have caught up.. remember how bad you say our qualifying group is, yet we drew with you on a level playing field) and then and only then pound your chest all you want.

Carry on..
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ryanmjo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Not totally disagreeing with you Florida Blue, but I think Onyewu and Demerit both deserve a bit of blame for the goal as well. Demerit for switching off and letting Heskey win the ball, and Onyewu for pushing up way way too high. I agree that Clark was poor in general though.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Florida Blue wrote:I find this whole thread laughable (after my initial post of course). Do you Brits really think your goal was a thing of beauty? It was a major fuckup by Riccardo Clark, fact, end of day. There was no wonderful buildup up, it was a fucked up throw in. As bad as Depmsey's goal was, it was just more painful as a goalie gaffe is a lot more obvious than an idiot not marking his man right after a throw in. So to say we were lucky to get our point says volumes about the denial England has on two fronts:

1. they are still a major soccer (yes I said it on purpose) power, you have won fuck all since 1966, and every time you get close one of your shit keepers fucks up....
2. the USA is still a fledgling side, it may be trivial but we have won a tournament in the past decade (ok Confed Cup but still, just saying)

Don't even question me as being blinded, Saturday was the first time in my life I have EVER not wanted England to win, and frankly I was happy with the tie (yes I said that on purpose as well) for both sides, as both now control their destiny.

As for the line highlighted in yellow above, this is the unrealistic sense of entitlement (not just you Slim my boy) that English fans seem to continue to wave, without any substance. I am not saying it is inaccurate to fear Slovenia (after all they dismantled Algeria 1-0) but after England's performance Saturday, the buildup matches to the Cup, their performance in Euro '08 (oh wait scratch that) they have been in shit form, and let's factor in the central defense and its porous consistency, and no threat from the left, you can easily slap that comment on England being the one hoping for 2nd place. The USA are expected to be decent and we are realistic, but some of the comments I see from England fans... I want England to succeed, but come on, stop drinking the Kool-aid and wake the fuck up.

Until you win something in our lifetime (John excluded) shut the fuck up, stop bashing the USA (as you know we are catching up, and I may argue have caught up.. remember how bad you say our qualifying group is, yet we drew with you on a level playing field) and then and only then pound your chest all you want.

Carry on..

Oh fuck off, you fucked up which gave us an opportunity, one that was taken. Goals come from this route all the time and when you had those, you didn't score from them. Green's fuck up didn't present you with an opportunity, it presented you with a goal. The two don't even compare and not because someone wasn't marking someone on a throw in, Lampard to Rooney to Heskey to Gerrard...who was marking all these players too? Just because they walked through your defence(And fouled Lampard) hardly puts it on par with spilling the ball into your own net.

As for being a fledgling side, can you tell me which one of the two countries was at the 1930 world cup? How long exactly do you want? You hammer on that point claiming false inferiority in order to build up your own achievements, you DREW if England were utter crap as you and lola have alluded to, what does that say about you? Fledgling? Yeah right.

And as for the build up, well in 2002 England played their last warm up game and destroyed the Germans 5-0, Germany went to the tournament and drew a group match against ROI, okay then didn't win, but they did get to the final. I am not saying we will emulate that, but only a moron thinks that the world cup is decided by one group game. In fact at the last world cup, didn't you draw 1-1 with Italy who did run out winners? Good result for the USA, but I doubt they were worried that the cup was gone based on that result either(And at least we all stayed on the pitch this time, a positive).

As for USA bashing, it's the twatish behaviour from your catcher and lola that got a response from me, I am quite satified with the result knowing that it's the toughest game IMO in the group and we don't need 9 points to go through, as for what you highlighted in yellow. Answer this, did you think before the home derby this season that we would do the rags? Or think we were going to hammer Burnley at home?

Call it being positive, and honestly where do you think you will finish in the group? Top perhaps? Cause if you think you are going to finish top, how is that any different? And I wouldn't be a twit and call it denial, you have every right to get behind your team and think your side can finish top, and if you think you are going to finish 2nd behind England, then in our agreement how could it be denial? Unless you are too.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Slim wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:I find this whole thread laughable (after my initial post of course). Do you Brits really think your goal was a thing of beauty? It was a major fuckup by Riccardo Clark, fact, end of day. There was no wonderful buildup up, it was a fucked up throw in. As bad as Depmsey's goal was, it was just more painful as a goalie gaffe is a lot more obvious than an idiot not marking his man right after a throw in. So to say we were lucky to get our point says volumes about the denial England has on two fronts:

Carry on..

Oh fuck off, you fucked up which gave us an opportunity, one that was taken. Goals come from this route all the time and when you had those, you didn't score from them. Green's fuck up didn't present you with an opportunity, it presented you with a goal. The two don't even compare and not because someone wasn't marking someone on a throw in, Lampard to Rooney to Heskey to Gerrard...who was marking all these players too? Just because they walked through your defence(And fouled Lampard) hardly puts it on par with spilling the ball into your own net.

As for being a fledgling side, can you tell me which one of the two countries was at the 1930 world cup? How long exactly do you want? You hammer on that point claiming false inferiority in order to build up your own achievements, you DREW if England were utter crap as you and lola have alluded to, what does that say about you? Fledgling? Yeah right.

And as for the build up, well in 2002 England played their last warm up game and destroyed the Germans 5-0, Germany went to the tournament and drew a group match against ROI, okay then didn't win, but they did get to the final. I am not saying we will emulate that, but only a moron thinks that the world cup is decided by one group game. In fact at the last world cup, didn't you draw 1-1 with Italy who did run out winners? Good result for the USA, but I doubt they were worried that the cup was gone based on that result either(And at least we all stayed on the pitch this time, a positive).

As for USA bashing, it's the twatish behaviour from your catcher and lola that got a response from me, I am quite satified with the result knowing that it's the toughest game IMO in the group and we don't need 9 points to go through, as for what you highlighted in yellow. Answer this, did you think before the home derby this season that we would do the rags? Or think we were going to hammer Burnley at home?

Call it being positive, and honestly where do you think you will finish in the group? Top perhaps? Cause if you think you are going to finish top, how is that any different? And I wouldn't be a twit and call it denial, you have every right to get behind your team and think your side can finish top, and if you think you are going to finish 2nd behind England, then in our agreement how could it be denial? Unless you are too.

Can you tell me which team until 1998 was mostly populated with foreign born players? Can you tell me which country was not at the world cup from 1954 to 1994 (and in 1994 qualified automatically)? Fledgling is spot on, as we have only been using mostly American born players for the past 12 years. It is finally a team of Americans, not a majority of players with American ties. In 1996 Tom Dooley was the national team captain, spoke with a thick Irish accent.

As for you commentary on the goal being given vs. earned. Both were not the result of skill, both were the result of fuckups. You want to see skill, look at Forlan yesterday. Slim, you are always so sure you can only be right, I realize I should apologize for wasting anymore time trying to prove Mr. Right-all-the-time, that things are not always the way they look, but you will not see that either :) \

Come on USA!! Come on England!!
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Florida Blue wrote:Slim, you are always so sure you can only be right, I realize I should apologize for wasting anymore time trying to prove Mr. Right-all-the-time, that things are not always the way they look, but you will not see that either :) \

Well that's not really my fault is it?

I cannot help it if you are always wrong, perhaps something to work on.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Slim wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:Slim, you are always so sure you can only be right, I realize I should apologize for wasting anymore time trying to prove Mr. Right-all-the-time, that things are not always the way they look, but you will not see that either :) \

Well that's not really my fault is it?

I cannot help it if you are always wrong, perhaps something to work on.

No, you are right, it is probably your parents fault....
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Carry on..

Can someone tell me how long David Moyes has been posting here?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum