Wednesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:57 am

RAGS ALLOWED TO TEMPT ROBINHO
Manchester United given green light to make shock move for Robinho as the Brazilian is rumoured to be interested in joining the Old Trafford club. The Eastlands striker has spent the last six months on loan to Santos and appears unlikely to be returning to his current employers and has been linked with moves to a number of clubs including Real Madrid and AC Milan but it is rumoured that the 26 year old would jump at the chance of a move to City’s near neighbours if the chance arose.
It seems unlikely that Roberto Mancini would allow such a move but at the same time could well simply accept the highest bid for the attacker and if that came from Sir Alex Ferguson then he would surely have to consider such an offer.
Ferguson has been linked with moves for a number of strikers as he looks to add more attacking options to help share the load that is currently being overly burdened on Wayne Rooney. Dimitar Berbatov may well be on his way out and Michael Owen is a constant injury doubt.
It is unknown as to how much of the original £30m outlay Mancini would expect for Robinho but one would imagine a deal in the region of £20m would be accepted and the one question would be whether Sir Alex is interested in making such a move and whether the heavily indebted club can afford to bring in a big money signing this summer.

"I think it is only a question of a few days"
A host of the Premier League’s top clubs are likely to be disappointed in their alleged pursuit of Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik, after the 22-year-old revealed he is on the verge of signing a contract extension at the Serie A club. The attacking midfielder flattered to deceive during Slovakia’s unconvincing 1-1 draw with New Zealand yesterday, but the likes of Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, Chelsea’s Carlo Ancelotti and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger are all long-term admirers of the precocious star while Manchester City have also been linked.
AC Milan and Juventus were also in the running for the midfielder although Manchester United and Arsenal were strongly linked with the youngster last summer, but Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger were shocked at Napoli’s £25 million valuation. Manchester City’s Roberto Mancini is well are of the player and has had scouts at Napoli’s games throughout the season, although it now seems likely the 22-year-old will stay in Italy.
Hamsik is currently at the World Cup captaining Slovakia, who face Paraguay on Sunday, and although Manchester United have seemingly earmarked the star as a potential replacement for the evergreen Paul Scholes, Hamisk looks set to spurn the advances of Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City.
Despite rumoured interest in the attacking midfielder from a host of clubs Hamisk has not had his head turned by the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Manchester United and intimated he was happy to remain with Napoli.
The Manchester United and Arsenal target told the Daily Mail: "I'm very happy that the president (of Napoli) is happy with me and values me,"
"We are about to sign a new contract and I think it is only a question of a few days."
The player's situation could well change should Slovakia's captain inspire his country to go on an unlikely World Cup run, but with defending champions Italy also in their group, the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal are unlikely to be seeing too much of the diminutive Serie A star this summer.

Everton pull-out of race to sign Martin Petrov following release from Manchester City
Everton have pulled out of the race to sign newly released winger Martin Petrov due to a combination of age, costly wage demands, and a worrying injury record, according to the Liverpool Echo.
While Everton manager David Moyes is keen on signing an experienced midfielder, the newspaper claim that he is looking at other options even with Petrov commanding no transfer fee.
Petrov, who was released from Manchester City on June 8, has also been linked with a move to Birmingham based side Aston Villa, and the future of the ex-Atletico Madrid winger is set to be resolved in the coming weeks.
Due to a series of serious injuries, Petrov has made just 25 Premier League appearances in his last two seasons at Manchester City, scoring five goals in the process

Yaya/Alves update
Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure is close to sealing a move to Manchester City, with outgoing Barca president Joan Laporta claiming the sale is "very advanced". (See Tuesday's bollox) Toure's team-mate Dani Alves could also be on his way to Eastlands after the Brazilian right-back rejected the Catalan club's latest contract offer. Daily Mail

Manchester City have reportedly resumed their interest in Sampdoria striker Antonio Cassano .
According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, the player's agent, Beppe Bozzo, was in contact with Manchester City about bringing the 27-year-old former Roma and Real Madrid star to Eastlands.
Mancini has always admired Cassano and was linked with the player in January when he eyed him as a possible replacement for Brazilian striker Robinho.
Cassano's quality has never been in doubt, but his temperament led Marcello Lippi to exclude him from the Italy squad.
Cassano scored nine goals in 31 games for Sampdoria last season, helping his side to fourth place in Serie A and Champions League qualification.
His contract with the club expires at the end of the 2012/2013 season and he is valued at €10-15 million.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Real Madrid are planning a £110m double swoop for England World Cup players Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney. The Spanish giants will offer £80m for Manchester United striker Rooney and will also try to prise Liverpool captain Gerrard from Anfield to bolster their midfield. Daily Star

West Ham are considering a £4m move for Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Nigeria keeper Vincent Enyeama. In direct contrast to the Hammers' current number one Robert Green, Enyeama, 27, has enjoyed an excellent start to the World Cup, excelling in the Super Eagles' 1-0 defeat by Argentina on Saturday. the Sun

Juan Roman Riquelme's agent Barry McIntosh claims the "lure of London" could result in the 31-year-old Boca Juniors playmaker turning down four other Premier League clubs in favour of a move to West Ham. the Sun

Real Madrid will use French striker Karim Benzema as a makeweight in their bid to prise Serbian defender Nemanja Vidic away from Manchester United. Daily Mail

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp will loan full-back Kyle Walker and midfielder Danny Rose to Portsmouth once the Championship club's transfer embargo is lifted. Daily Mail

Arsenal target Laurent Koscielny has pleaded with his club Lorient to accept the Gunners' latest offer. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is thought to have bid £8.3m for the 24-year-old centre-back. Daily Mail

OTHER BOLLOX
England boss Fabio Capello will continue to name his side two hours before kick-off, despite some members of his squad being keen to learn their fate earlier. the Sun

Algeria have admitted they are hoping England keeper Robert Green keeps his place after his calamitous error in Saturday's Group C opener and are planning a shoot-on-sight policy in the hope of a repeat performance. Daily Mirror

Fifa has defended its decision to censure questions put to the North Korean coach and players by the media. At Tuesday's press conference journalists were cut off in mid flow when they attempted to broach the subject of the country's failure to screen their matches. Daily Telegraph

Portugal midfielder Deco has criticised manager Carlos Queiroz following their 0-0 draw against Ivory Coast, saying he was played out of position on the right wing. The Chelsea player was substituted in the 62nd minute. imScouting

Liverpool will refuse to discuss player departures until a new manager is in place, despite interest in striker Fernando Torres and midfielder Yossi Benayoun. The club are hopeful of naming Fulham boss Roy Hodgson as the successor to Rafael Benitez within the next week. Daily Mirror

Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson is adamant highly rated defender David Wheater is staying on Teesside this summer after the 22-year-old was linked with a number of Premier League clubs. Daily Mail

Chairman of Premier League new boys Blackpool, Karl Oyston, has criticised other clubs for their willingness to go into debt. According to Oyston, some accept they will lose money before the season has even started. the Sun

George Burley could return to management, with Crystal Palace keen on the former Ipswich and Scotland boss. Daily Mirror

England's mental approach could scupper their hopes of winning the World Cup, according to Fulham and United States forward Clint Dempsey. Dempsey, who scored the equaliser in Saturday's 1-1 draw between the sides, believes Capello's team are playing with fear. the Sun

Football fans in North Korea will have to wait until today to see any action from their 2-1 loss to Brazil. While the match was on, they were treated to the delights of Echo of Mountain, a comedy based on farmers' attempts to boost grain output. (Daily Telegraph)

Uruguay striker Diego Forlan has admitted he is obsessed by social networking site Twitter. Forlan - DiegoForlan7 on the site - should count himself lucky however as other nations have banned players from tweeting for the duration of the World Cup. the Sun

Switzerland's training sessions have been accompanied by the continual hum of vuvuzela noise, with locals invited to display their musical talents to help Ottmar Hitzfeld's side get used to the noise ahead of their Group H opener against Spain. the Sun
Last edited by Chinners on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:04 am

I would love it if Real went in for Rooney! That would totally kill off the rags imo. And while the Glazers are still in charge I can see it happening :)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Vhero » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:31 am

MaseCTID wrote:I would love it if Real went in for Rooney! That would totally kill off the rags imo. And while the Glazers are still in charge I can see it happening :)

Agreed without him they would struggle next season. The glazers would do it partly for money and partly to piss the fans off I mean after the shit they get off the fans they deserve what they get. They forget who is in charge of the club and what they can do.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Chinners » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:20 am

B*llox updated .... that Rags/Robbie story sounds like fun times ahead!!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:26 am

Chinners wrote:B*llox updated .... that Rags/Robbie story sounds like fun times ahead!!

Who the fuck wrote that??! He MAY go there IF he fancies it & IF Mancini lets him & IF Ferguson wants him & IF rags decide to spend £20M on him! How can people get away with writing shite like that?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kladze » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:26 am

Chinners wrote:B*llox updated .... that Rags/Robbie story sounds like fun times ahead!!

Just so long as they don't try to throw in Berbatov as a makeweight
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:30 am

Kladze wrote:

I actually think Berbatov may have a decent season this time. It often takes these kind of geezers a season to settle in. Hope I'm wrong & he continues to play like a twat though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:31 am

Kladze wrote:

I'd let him go and laugh after January when he forgets how to play.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:38 am

Robinho to Man U? "I'd drive him there myself"
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Exiled » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:51 am

That Robbie story almost made me fall out of the chair laughing. I couldn't imagine Taggart wanting a player like that. Every player in his squad MUST work for the team or else they get canned. Need I say more?
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Vhero » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 am

The funny thing is there journalism is THAT bad they linked him to Real Madrid too. He would NEVER go back there after what happened. God there so stupid.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dronny » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:09 am

Robinho to the scum + £40mn for Rayne Wooney
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:15 am

Vhero wrote:The funny thing is there journalism is THAT bad they linked him to Real Madrid too. He would NEVER go back there after what happened. God there so stupid.

If Schuster was still in charge then definitely not, but Real are 3 managers removed from him and I think Mourinho is going to go after who he wants and fuck the chairman's opinion(who is no longer Calderon as well).
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:43 pm

England boss Fabio Capello will continue to name his side two hours before kick-off, despite some members of his squad being keen to learn their fate earlier. the Sun

This worked so well on Saturday good plan... When I played sports in college, especially as a hockey goalie, the sooner I knew if I was starting the better I would be prepared (and even if I was not playing the preparation for being the backup was there as well). Yes I know you should always be prepared to play, but when I knew for certain it took a lot of the edge off the night before (and a better night's sleep). This is right up there with other brilliant choices the muppet has made like Heskey and Carrigher.... just saying...
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Kladze wrote:

I actually think Berbatov may have a decent season this time. It often takes these kind of geezers a season to settle in. Hope I'm wrong & he continues to play like a twat though.

He's had two. I think they are going to struggle to shift him at the price the owners will want for him.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Kladze wrote:

He's had two. I think they are going to struggle to shift him at the price the owners will want for him.

Funny how Berba had a shit season and got 12 league goals, our second striker got 14. I think if he has had a shit season having a good one would probably hand them the title.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Slim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Kladze wrote:

Funny how Berba had a shit season and got 12 league goals, our second striker got 14. I think if he has had a shit season having a good one would probably hand them the title.

I think he was showing signs of coming to terms with what's required at scumland & starting to accept responsibility as a 1st team rather than a fringe player. Still a few quality comedy misses though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Guillermo Burdisso bollox
A little known but highly rated Argentinean defender has claimed that there is an offer in the pipe-line for him to secure a move to a Manchester club. However, Guillermo Burdisso, the defender in question, still is none the wiser about whether the offer has sourced from the city’s red or blue half.
The 22-year-old has risen to prominence while playing for his third club in his native country, Rosario Central, who were recently relegated from the Argentinean first division. After a troubled spell at River Plate, the Argentine has now made 44 appearances for his current club and, in January, he earned his first call up to the national team in a game against Costa Rica, in which he scored in a 3-2 victory.
If his name sounds familiar, that’s because his brother Nicolas has been a defender in Italy with Inter Milan and Roma since 2004. It was expected that the brothers would link up at Inter, but Rafael Benitez’s takeover at the Italian club has left that prospect hanging in the air.
Now it has emerged that a move to Manchester is in the offing: “I have been told that in the next days an offer from Manchester is going to arrive at the club and that when that happens the manager, Vicente Cunado, is going to tell me if it’s from Manchester City or Manchester United.”
The move is also expected to be accepted by his club: “According to what is being said by the press of Rosario, it seems to be that what has been offered is what Rosario Central expects for my transfer.”
So will Old Trafford play host to another exhilarating Argentinean defender in the coming months or will the youngster become Roberto Mancini’s latest attempt to usurp Manchester’s better half?

Barcelona looking to swap Zlatan Ibrahimovic for Liverpool's Fernando Torres or Manchester City's Robinho bollox
New Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is planning to use Zlatan Ibrahimovic to land either Manchester City's Robinho or Liverpool's Fernando Torres, according to Sport.
Rosell swept through a recent club election and has already met with head coach Pep Guardiola to plan for next season. Ibrahimovic was a marquee signing last summer but he failed to impress despite helping the club to La Liga title.
The Sweden international still enjoys a strong reputation in Europe, and with cash reserved for Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas, the president plans to utilise the 28-year old tosnatch one of superstar duo Robinho or Torres. With Ibrahimovic valued at £48 million, he is hopeful of using him as a makeweight in approaches for the Premier League pair.

What is this Man City obsession all about?
Italian football website Tuttomercato.com have reported that Manchester City are weighing up a bid for Roma’s French centre-back Philippe Mexès, but what is the Citizens’ recent obsession with recruiting defenders?
This summer they have already signed Hamburg’s German defender Jerome Boateng for a fee of around £10.3million. Last summer they were involved in a drawn out saga for Joleon Lescott for a reported £22million from Everton.
Aside from those two they have Nedum Onuoha, Micah Richards, Kolo Toure and Vincent Kompany on the books at Eastlands and all of them can play as a centre half.
Why do they need all these defender? Surely they must think that some of the above are not up to it, or are they just being foolish with their money?
Mexes, 28, is certainly a player who comes with a reputation and his Roma side narrowly missed out on the Serie A title after finishing just two points behind treble winning Inter Milan. However, this past season Mexes has not been a regular starter as Claudio Ranieri has preferred Juan and Nicolas Burdisso as a central defensive partnership.
The French defender also failed to make Raymond Domenech’s 23-man France squad for the World Cup in South Africa…maybe he was born under the wrong star sign, but more likely it had something to do with the fact Domenech had a falling out with the player.
Despite all that his club manager Ranieri believes that he is the best French defender and has been unlucky with injuries over the 2009/10 season:
“Mexes is a first-choice player in every way.
“Unfortunately, he’s missed some matches due to injury and not because of my decisions.
“For me he’s the best French central defender. But, at the moment, Juan and Burdisso are just above him.”
Mexes has been at Roma since 2004 and has insisted that he does not wish to leave. But it is doubtful whether he would resist a big money move to Manchester City. It could also be a good move for Roberto Mancini’s club as the mooted transfer fee is believed to be just over £8million, which could be a bargain.
However, with so many players on the Sky Blues’ books already the arrival of Boateng and perhaps another defender could mean that the likes of Onuoha and Richards may be deemed surplus to requirements.
A few seasons ago Richards (a target for Harry Redknapp’s Totteham) was built up as one of the best young defensive talents in the Premier League, but you could argue that his growth has been stunted at City and it could be good for him to leave the club as he is still only 21 years of age. Also, from talking to a few posters on the BBC’s 606 it would seem as if he has come under some stick from his own fans, who argue that the player it lazy and has been found out.
As for Mexes, if Mancini wants to bring the player to Eastlands he may face some stiff competition as Arsenal and Serie A’s AC Milan are also tracking the player and are rumoured to be interested in signing the player.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum