BBC World Cup Pundits...Miserable

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

BBC World Cup Pundits...Miserable

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Oh, so we aint getting 5-4 thrillers all over the show. What changes?. I look at Hansens face, Shearers face, Linekers face, I see depressed middle aged men. Thats all well and good, dont mind depressed middle aged men, but not over in SouthAfrica lording it and earning x million a year. If you can't fucking cheer up, come back and chat about it here in some broom cupboard they used to make doctor who in.
Give me Dunphy and Giles any day, PROPER grumpy middle aged men!
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Re: BBC World Cup Pundits...Miserable

Postby Kladze » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:09 pm

It has been a 'memorably' boring world cup so far - only one moment has had me even close to the edge of my seat and that was Tasselabalabalaba's goal for South Africa ;)

But you're right. They have a cheek to be fucking whinging. ......... and Lineker's sarcastic streak grates on my nerves more and more with each passing day.

"The goalkeeper Chilavert was Paraguay's most famous player. He scored about 8 goals, which is more than Emile Heskey".

Shut it you sarky cnut!
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:27 am

Kladze wrote:It has been a 'memorably' boring world cup so far - only one moment has had me even close to the edge of my seat and that was Tasselabalabalaba's goal for South Africa ;)

But you're right. They have a cheek to be fucking whinging. ......... and Lineker's sarcastic streak grates on my nerves more and more with each passing day.

"The goalkeeper Chilavert was Paraguay's most famous player. He scored about 8 goals, which is more than Emile Heskey".

Shut it you sarky cnut!

He is right though.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 am

Lawrenson commentating on someone the other night - his whole commentary is based on negativity and sarcastic, smug comments about how bad everything is. All he has to do is comment on the match in front of him, it's not hard is it? Wish they'd just fire him.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:36 am

It seems to be the trend on BBC to be generally cynical, sarcastic & slag off most games/players be it on TV or radio. Think I'll apply for a job.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Exiled » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:57 am

After being subjected to the typical Guy Smiley TV sarkher hosts over here in Canada, I'd welcome the moaning cynical bastards. Careful what you wish for.
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Scatman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:13 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Kladze wrote:It has been a 'memorably' boring world cup so far - only one moment has had me even close to the edge of my seat and that was Tasselabalabalaba's goal for South Africa ;)

Shut it you sarky cnut!

He is right though.

Hasn't Heskey scored 9?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:17 am

Scatman wrote:

Shut it you sarky cnut!

He is right though.

Hasn't Heskey scored 9?

7 in 59 appearances.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:22 am

Slim wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Shut it you sarky cnut!

He is right though.

Hasn't Heskey scored 9?

7 in 59 appearances.

That's just wank
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:24 pm

john@staustell wrote:Lawrenson commentating on someone the other night - his whole commentary is based on negativity and sarcastic, smug comments about how bad everything is. All he has to do is comment on the match in front of him, it's not hard is it? Wish they'd just fire him.

I saw that (or rather heard it) too - the only thing I agreed with him about was the constant slow motion replays.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Grob » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Slim wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Shut it you sarky cnut!

He is right though.

Hasn't Heskey scored 9?

7 in 59 appearances.

Even Vassell got 6 from 22
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Grob wrote:Even Vassell got 6 from 22

jesus wept that's the most damning stat yet.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Oh, so we aint getting 5-4 thrillers all over the show. What changes?. I look at Hansens face, Shearers face, Linekers face, I see depressed middle aged men. Thats all well and good, dont mind depressed middle aged men, but not over in SouthAfrica lording it and earning x million a year. If you can't fucking cheer up, come back and chat about it here in some broom cupboard they used to make doctor who in.
Give me Dunphy and Giles any day, PROPER grumpy middle aged men!

Hoo rah and here here
Original Dub

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:14 pm

People would have issues with whatever chumps are up there. You can hardly complain about Lawro et el not getting excited about a 0-0 between Slovakia and Romania
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby CityDub » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Lawro laughing his tits off during Uraguays Peno ,that was very annoying,if it was England who he loves or Ireland who he played for just having their goalie sent off and then having to face a Peno that would essentially put them out of the world cup you really dont want the commentator laughing and sharing a joke during it .
love the way the Aprés match lads take the piss out of how childish the jokes on the BBC are
[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7bRdzELoJ0Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7bRdzELoJ0Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
CityDub
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: kicking looters

Postby Goataldo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Might be ITV he's on, but Chris Coleman is as dour and miserable as any of them. As is Mick McCarthy.

Coleman is constantly banging on about the ball being the work of the devil, or concentrates on praising cynical defending. McCarthy is just McCarthy.

They need to wake up and realise they're being paid to watch the World Cup.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:05 am

I like a few of Mcarthy's insights into tactics, but he is still a miserable knob.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to The Maine Football forum