Robinho and Elano [MERGED]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho and Elano [MERGED]

Postby walmai » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:48 pm

I was going to say I want Rio, Lampard, Defoe and Carrick back, but, on present form they wouldn't make it onto our sub's bench.

I would definitely want (a committed) Elano in my team. Robinho is presently flattering to deceive imvho.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Elano's stats for assists were not especially good & most happened in short bursts. The same with his goals. When you consider he does fuck all else, his stats on both need to be seriously good in order to be worth a place.

Interesting that the 'failure' Ireland has 2 goals in 26 league games wheras the Brazillian football genius we're all missing has 3 in 25 IN TURKEY.

i think yr missing my point. Regardless of who it was, Elano or Ireland, etc...we needed some creative spark last season which we were too often lacking. if i were Hughes i'd have found a way to get the most out of Elano and ridden my luck with him. Playing a couple defensive/holding mid types clearly didn't offer us much going forward even with arguably the best attacking 4-some in in the Premiership in form of Tevez, Ade, Bellers and SWP for most of the season. Mancini couldn't find a way to change that. I don't think we're being linked with enough creativity for my liking yet, but in Marwood we trust.

I don't miss Elano as much as i missed ANYONE who had a chance at making that slide rule pass or over the top ball across the field to a darting winger to unlock a defense when we really needed to turn 1 pt into 3.

Elano was neither a City legend nor a complete bust, but just a player who had a few magic moments that inspired us all when we really needed to feel inspired. i'll always appreciate that about him. It was a special few months of magic. He can go back to that place again if he wants.

He'll never love club like he loves country. Too bad some of the England players don't have that sensibility.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Re: Robinho and Elano

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:56 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:i still have a soft spot for Elano. I thought his finish was classy [strike]last night[/strike] two days ago.

Also, i have a soft spot for REO Speedwagon, Curly Wurlys, and boxer briefs, and Space:1999 so...just putting that into perspective.

cheers

Curly Wurlys and Space 1999.................Marvelous, especially at the same time ;-)

In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:05 pm

i would like to see robinho come back, but wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't. its very interesting how this will develop over the summer. santos aren't going to be able to afford him after a decent world cup and i think he has tarnished his premier league reputation due to his second season (non) performances so i can't see chelsea going for him. he's burned his bridges with real madrid and i don't hear him linked with barca anymore. therefore who actually would come in for him. i hope he begins to understand you can't win or play in every game in england and would come back with a healthier mind. i don't think he will though, he has a massive ego and loves playing the diva. if he comes back he is no longer the big fish in the little pond so to speak. tevez is king by absolute miles these days.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Kladze » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:38 pm

We saw precisely what Robinho is made of in the Brazil v Holland second half .... and he slipped in it.

Why some of you have this continuing love affair with him is beyond me.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby s1ty m » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Kladze wrote:We saw precisely what Robinho is made of in the Brazil v Holland second half .... and he slipped in it.

Utterly atonishing to me too. Pair of tarts. No top side will touch them, you'll see.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:37 am

s1ty m wrote:
Kladze wrote:We saw precisely what Robinho is made of in the Brazil v Holland second half .... and he slipped in it.

Utterly atonishing to me too. Pair of tarts. No top side will touch them, you'll see.

I thought he'd been subbed after the goal!

Still one flash of brilliance and 89 minutes of dross convinces some people he's a Premier League winner.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum