Robinho and Elano [MERGED]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: I want Robinho back

Postby irblinx » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:31 pm

I'd have Elano and Robbie back but I miss Elano more
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
blue wine wrote:I want elano back..I really miss seeing him in a city shirt

Would you want in back on a dark January evening playing against Stoke????

let's be honest the majority of our team went missing during those times.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby thegoatfeeder » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Most of the time the pair of them have no interest in putting that much effort into whoever they are playing for, unless its Brazil. I wouldn't want either back.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Vhero » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Funny before the world cup nearly everybody on here said "I hope he has a good world cup so we can get our money back for him" and now he is actually having a good world cup they want to keep him? Typical lol..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:45 pm

I hate that tosser Hughes more and more each time I watch Elano play. I think he fooked things up for Robinho as well...
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:47 pm

I wouldnt touch Elano with a 10foot pole, 1 good game in 6 and away from home if its after September you might as well play with 10.

Robinho is a selfish, self-centred sod ho's nature and attitude is not condusive to overall team success. He wants all the attention but gives little or nowt back and again is a complete liability away from home. There, I've said it; I don't want either of them. Two world cup games, one against a mickey mouse team, and suddenly their attitude and level of play at City which led to their departure is all forgotten.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:09 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Strange, I only want to see players who want to wear the sky blue shirt not a yellow one.

THIS
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Kladze » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Good God! I'm sick and tired of hearing and reading the crapola about these two.

Elano has burned his bridges and Robinho will NEVER make it in the premier league - get over it!

Anyway - here's some REAL Brazilian magic from the 1982 world cup team. In my view an even more exciting team than the 1970 winners (sadly they were mugged by the Italians).

Junior, Zico, Falcao, Socrates, Eder et al ..... these were TRUE genius players.

[youtube]zZxvYy5-ekI[/youtube]
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Crossie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:23 pm

All looking very good for us, nice big bargaining tool in our pockets for a big money swap.

Hmmmm robinho to score the winner in the final?? cher ching!!

Dont you fucking forget what that little prick said about us, and everyone who signs Brazilians knows that your not signing the player you see in gold and blue for 6 or 7 games every 4 years.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Tony P » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:43 pm

I want Niall Quinn back.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Can't believe none of you said you wanted me back.

I don't care about the little cunt, he's not all there I don't think. Unstable. I also disagree with those who said he'll never make it in the premier league - he already did when he tried.
Original Dub

Postby Kladze » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:Can't believe none of you said you wanted me back.

I don't care about the little cunt, he's not all there I don't think. Unstable. I also disagree with those who said he'll never make it in the premier league - he already did when he tried.

You have to 'make it' consistently. And I doubt he'll ever do that.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby TonyM » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:46 pm

I keep posting the same on various forums....Robinho tried his heart out plenty of times but with a combination of being injured (or off form due to injury), bad management and woefully poor teamwork he failed to shine. Same with Ireland. They ran their hearts out ... in pointless circles... whilst our other players passed sideways, huffed the ball to no where or ran head down into the abyss.

We need Mancini to get us playing as a unit. If he can do that then Robinho and Ireland could be phenomenal. If he can't then I fear we'll continue to have a group of well meaning but ultimately doomed individuals. They'll believe in the "project" and they'll all be "in it together" but if they can't spot each other's runs and work as a well oiled footballing unit it'll all count for nought.

IMO if Mancini has a pair of balls then Robinho and Ireland will both be starters in the coming season. If he's just passing time for a couple of seasons then we'll see those two replaced with the likes of Silva and Milner, i.e. no better/no worse just different and costing a fortune and more importantly wasting time.

Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!! Bring back Robinho!!! Ireland is superman!!!
Last edited by TonyM on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyM

Postby TonyM » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:48 pm

I should also acknowledge the fact that all circles are pointless but these ones that they ran around in were more so.
TonyM

Postby Beeks » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:03 am

Bring back Samaras..

Robinho can fuck right off
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Robinho and Elano

Postby xavi6 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:28 am

From Opta on Twitter -

7 - Elano won 7 tackles against Ivory Coast, the most for any Brazil player in a #worldcup game since Dunga in '94 final. Apprentice. #bra

Who'd have thought it eh?! He's been super so far.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Colin the King » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 am

No interest in ever seeing Robinho again, Bellamy contributed much more than he ever did last season and his obsession with bitching to the press is too much to take after a while. Have to admit I wouldn't say no to Elano coming back though, maybe that's ironic given my opinion of Robinho but I always had a soft spot for him and think having him as an option last season in Stevie's absence might have helped us turn some draws into wins. He's not the best thing since sliced bread, and he does go missing a fair bit, but he's a great option to have I think.

Disappointed to see him hobble off injured tonight, he's been impressive so far in the WC.
Colin the King

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:28 am

Colin the King wrote:No interest in ever seeing Robinho again, Bellamy contributed much more than he ever did last season and his obsession with bitching to the press is too much to take after a while. Have to admit I wouldn't say no to Elano coming back though, maybe that's ironic given my opinion of Robinho but I always had a soft spot for him and think having him as an option last season in Stevie's absence might have helped us turn some draws into wins. He's not the best thing since sliced bread, and he does go missing a fair bit, but he's a great option to have I think.

Disappointed to see him hobble off injured tonight, he's been impressive so far in the WC.

Disagree about bellers contributing more. In addition to the 15 goals and assists ribi gave in his 1st season he also put us on the map.

Did bellemy work harder and give more of a shit? Yes.

Did he contribute more to the blue cause longterm? In my opinion no.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Robinho and Elano

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:03 am

xavi6 wrote:From Opta on Twitter -

7 - Elano won 7 tackles against Ivory Coast, the most for any Brazil player in a #worldcup game since Dunga in '94 final. Apprentice. #bra

Who'd have thought it eh?! He's been super so far.

And the way he went into that tackle that ended with him being injured. Outstanding. I miss Elano !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby irblinx » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Colin the King wrote:No interest in ever seeing Robinho again, Bellamy contributed much more than he ever did last season and his obsession with bitching to the press is too much to take after a while. Have to admit I wouldn't say no to Elano coming back though, maybe that's ironic given my opinion of Robinho but I always had a soft spot for him and think having him as an option last season in Stevie's absence might have helped us turn some draws into wins. He's not the best thing since sliced bread, and he does go missing a fair bit, but he's a great option to have I think.

Disagree about bellers contributing more. In addition to the 15 goals and assists ribi gave in his 1st season he also put us on the map.

Did bellemy work harder and give more of a shit? Yes.

Did he contribute more to the blue cause longterm? In my opinion no.

There were also numerous games after Xmas where Bellers was anonymous but he seemed almost immune to slagging, overall he maybe tackled back more ( but also gave the ball away more at times ) but was less effective going forward playing in exactly the same position.

As Lee says Robinho added glamour and fantasy to the club which absolutely got the ball rolling for our upwards shift
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum