FIFA throw 36 fit dutch girls out of yesterdays game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

FIFA throw 36 fit dutch girls out of yesterdays game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:08 pm

FIFA really are cunts. I understand their point about protecting sponsors who have paid their money, but if they have bought the tickets, what right have FIFA got to complain about what they are wearing or doing, so long as they are not being a nuisance or offensive - but moreso, what right have FIFA got to detain these girls before they are questioned by the police, just who the fuck do they think they are

FIFA making an issue of it have simply given the brewery even more publicity

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/15/holland-ambush-marketing-fifa-dresses

Thirty-six female Holland fans were thrown out of their country's game against Denmark at Soccer City after Fifa officials accused them of wearing orange mini-dresses to promote an unlicensed beer brand.

South African newspaper the Star said the women were accused of "ambush marketing". Fifa only allows promotional activity by firms that have official Fifa sponsor status.

A spokesman for the Bavaria beer company denied that the women had any links to their campaign, and said the group had been detained in a Fifa office for several hours. "It's a nice dress. Very fashionable," Peer Swinkels told the Star. "In my opinion, people should have the right to wear whatever they want.

"We launched the orange item on 30 April on the queen's birthday. The Dutch people are a little crazy about orange and we wear it on public holidays and events like the World Cup. There is no branding on the dresses. And Fifa don't have a monopoly over orange."

One of the women, Barbara Kastein, told the newspaper: "We were sitting near the front, making a lot of noise, and the cameras kept focusing on us. We were singing songs and having a good time. But in the second half, about 40 stewards surrounded us and forced us to leave the stadium. They pushed us up the stairs, and one of the girls fell."

Kastein said the women were questioned by Fifa, and then by the police. "The police came and kept on asking us the same questions over and over, asking if we worked for Bavaria. They said we were ambush-marketing and it was against the law in South Africa. They said we would be arrested and would stay in jail for six months. Girls were crying. It was bad.

"A police van took us back to our hotel and they wanted my passport. They made a copy and said they would investigate. They said they would sue me. All of this for wearing an orange dress."

Fifa told the Star there were no arrests and that "several young South African women were used by a large Dutch brewery as an instrument for an ambush-marketing campaign".
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Re: FIFA throw 36 fit dutch girls out of yesterdays game

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:10 pm

johnpb78 wrote:FIFA really are cunts. I understand their point about protecting sponsors who have paid their money, but if they have bought the tickets, what right have FIFA got to complain about what they are wearing or doing, so long as they are not being a nuisance or offensive - but moreso, what right have FIFA got to detain these girls before they are questioned by the police, just who the fuck do they think they are

FIFA making an issue of it have simply given the brewery even more publicity

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/15/holland-ambush-marketing-fifa-dresses

Thirty-six female Holland fans were thrown out of their country's game against Denmark at Soccer City after Fifa officials accused them of wearing orange mini-dresses to promote an unlicensed beer brand.

South African newspaper the Star said the women were accused of "ambush marketing". Fifa only allows promotional activity by firms that have official Fifa sponsor status.

A spokesman for the Bavaria beer company denied that the women had any links to their campaign, and said the group had been detained in a Fifa office for several hours. "It's a nice dress. Very fashionable," Peer Swinkels told the Star. "In my opinion, people should have the right to wear whatever they want.

"We launched the orange item on 30 April on the queen's birthday. The Dutch people are a little crazy about orange and we wear it on public holidays and events like the World Cup. There is no branding on the dresses. And Fifa don't have a monopoly over orange."

One of the women, Barbara Kastein, told the newspaper: "We were sitting near the front, making a lot of noise, and the cameras kept focusing on us. We were singing songs and having a good time. But in the second half, about 40 stewards surrounded us and forced us to leave the stadium. They pushed us up the stairs, and one of the girls fell."

Kastein said the women were questioned by Fifa, and then by the police. "The police came and kept on asking us the same questions over and over, asking if we worked for Bavaria. They said we were ambush-marketing and it was against the law in South Africa. They said we would be arrested and would stay in jail for six months. Girls were crying. It was bad.

"A police van took us back to our hotel and they wanted my passport. They made a copy and said they would investigate. They said they would sue me. All of this for wearing an orange dress."

Fifa told the Star there were no arrests and that "several young South African women were used by a large Dutch brewery as an instrument for an ambush-marketing campaign".

Apparently they got the tickets from Robbie Earle thats why he's been sacked by ITV
Last edited by Manx Blue on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:12 pm

If I recall correctly the same dutch brewery did a similar 'stunt' at Euro 2008
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Fit girls in miniskirts kicked out of game, OUTRAGE!

Fat slags in offensive clothing kicked out of game, should probably be on a treadmill anyway.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ashton287 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:25 pm

i'd like a picture before proclaiming my level of outrage
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:12 pm

ashton287 wrote:i'd like a picture before proclaiming my level of outrage

[youtube]U7Ih7hPTn4w[/youtube]
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Robbie Earle has just been sacked by ITV over it (See todays's Bollox) he had a hand in obtaining their tickets .. allegedly
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Broken SA.
The Man In Blue

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:12 pm

This guy sure knows ho wto live

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16958
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:20 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:This guy sure knows ho wto live

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16958

bet he's not too happy with FIFA right now.

corrupt, cheating, biased, and to top it off now the fuckers are cockblocking!
The Man In Blue

Postby Goataldo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Talk about double standards!

When they held the World Cup sausage-side, the Dutch supporters were wearing orange lederhosen with the same brand I believe, being advertised on them. The German police made them take them off and watch the game in their undies. Surely the same principles should be applied? Was women's suffrage all for NOWT? Totally sexist.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Ridiculous. FIFA allowed 11 clowns on the pitch to play Germany and yet they throw fans out.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dronny » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Double take with title, expected to see 12 yard tall Dutch girls :-(
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
ashton287 wrote:i'd like a picture before proclaiming my level of outrage

[youtube]U7Ih7hPTn4w[/youtube]

That'll do for me, I'm outraged.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:07 pm

There was never 36 of them, unless we are counting by the funbits.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 am

This is what happens if you let a degenerate country like SA have the world cup a fucking disgrace!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 am

Vhero wrote:This is what happens if you let a degenerate country like SA have the world cup a fucking disgrace!

Has fuck all to do with South Africa twuntface. They were kicked out by FIFA officials.
The weird thing is, the Bavaria brand isn't even on the dress, that's what makes it such a good advertisisng campaign. Nowhere does it actually say 'Bavaria'. So how FIFA can kick them out I don't know, it's just a plain orange dress!
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:03 pm

So if someone went to a game wearing a Liverpool shirt, they could risk being thrown out?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:10 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:So if someone went to a game wearing a Liverpool shirt, they could risk being thrown out?

Are Carlsberg a WC sponsor?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:59 pm

This isn't anything new. It has been happening for years at major sporting events. It has happened at the last few Summer Olympics. But it usually 2 or 3 that are thrown out.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum