Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:26 am

CITY BOLLOX
Man City step up their £30m pursuit of Villa ace
Manchester City have stepped up their pursuit of James Milner by telling Aston Villa in face-to-face talks of their determination to sign the England ace.
Mega-rich City had an initial bid of £18million plus £2m in add-ons rejected by Villa last month.
But City are willing to return with another offer for the versatile midfielder as soon as England's World Cup campaign is over.
City chief executive Garry Cook sought out his Villa opposite number Paul Faulkner at the Premier League gathering earlier this month.
The two-day meeting of all Premier League clubs took place on June 3 and 4 at Stapleford Park in the Midlands.
And Cook and Faulkner had private talks at the four star country house hotel after a group meeting with fellow club chiefs.
Villa do not want to sell Milner but are resigned to cashing in if he fails to sign a new long-term contract.
They are refusing to put a price tag on the 24-year-old, but City hope to get their man with an offer of between £27-30m later this summer.
Milner held talks with Faulkner, Villa owner Randy Lerner and manager Martin O'Neill before flying out for the World Cup.
And City hope their ambitions and prospect of a lucrative five-year contract worth nearly £100,000-a-week will prove irresistible.
City intend to try and tie up a deal before Manchester United and Chelsea join in the bidding for the former Newcastle winger, who joined Villa in August 2008 for £12m.
Milner, who has two years left on his £45,000-a-week deal at Villa, has shelved all transfer talk while on international duty at the World Cup.

Sunderland set to tie up a £3.5m deal for Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha
Sunderland are closing on a deal for Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha. Everton and Aston Villa have also expressed interest in the 23-year-old but Sunderland are keen to wrap up a £3.5m deal now.
Sunderland also want West Ham's Matthew Upson but only if he takes a wage cut. They expect to finalise a deal for Belgium goalkeeper Simon Mignolet this week.

Micah Richards willing to leave Manchester City for Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester City defender Micah Richards is believed to be keen on parting ways with his current employers and switching his allegiance to Tottenham Hotspur.
The 21-year-old has in recent times endured rough weather at Eastlands, as regular football has not been forthcoming under manager Roberto Mancini.
And now The Mirror reports that the young defender is willing to make a move to ply his trade under the care of Harry Redknapp, after earlier reports indicated that Spurs are interested in signing the out-of-favour player.
The White Hart Lane boss is said to be keen on procuring the services of the youngster, as he is believed to appreciate the pace that the right-back can offer Spurs in wide areas.
However, it is said that City need to keep Richards to make up the numbers, as new UEFA rules state that every club must have at east eight home-grown talents in their squad.

Manchester City set to seal Yaya Toure deal within 2 weeks
Yaya Toure Related LinksClubsChelsea FCManchester CityFC Barcelona PlayersYaya Toure
Yaya Toure 's future is looking increasingly close to lying with Manchester City .
The Spanish Sport newspaper reported Tuesday that the departure of Barcelona's Ivory Coast midfielder for Eastlands for over 30 million euros was expected within two weeks.
Toure has been linked with a move away from the Nou Camp for some time, given his failure to hold down a regular starting 11 place last season at Barcelona. Chelsea have also been linked with Toure but Manchester City have always looked best placed to land the Ivory Coast international.
The defensive midfielder played 34 times for the La Liga champions last campaign, scoring one goal and chipping in with six assists.
He was set to be out of contract at Barcelona at the end of the 2011/2012 season

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Barcelona are set to offer Liverpool £70m for star striker Fernando Torres but face competition from Chelsea and Manchester City. Daily Mirror

Manchester United are set to launch a £25m bid for Juventus and Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini as a potential replacement for centre-back Nemanja Vidic, who has been linked to Manchester City. The Sun

Chelsea are on the verge of landing Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun in a £6.5m four-year deal. Daily Mail

Chelsea and Liverpool have yet to finalise a fee for Benayoun but he has agreed terms with the west Londoners and will undergo a medical at Chelsea's Cobham training ground this week. the Guardian

The Blues will pay the 30-year-old Israeli £60,000 a week, with Manchester United, Tottenham and Juventus leading the chase for the man he will replace at Stamford Bridge, England midfielder Joe Cole. Daily Mirror

The departure of Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea is expected to be followed by forward Ryan Babel, winger Albert Riera, defender Philipp Degen and keeper Diego Cavalieri leaving Liverpool this summer. the Times

Real Madrid are growing increasingly confident that Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard wants to quit Anfield and join ex-Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho's club in Spain. Daily Mail

But new Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is also keen on Gerrard and the Catalan club are lining up a £40m offer for the England captain. caughtoffside.com

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano, who is rumoured to want to quit Anfield and join former manager Rafael Benitez at Inter Milan, has admitted he is learning Italian. Daily Mail

Mascherano could be joined at Inter Milan by Liverpool team-mate, defender Glen Johnson, with current right-back Maicon set to leave the Italian club for Real Madrid. IMScouting.com

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has set his sights on Manchester City's 21-year-old defender Micah Richards. Daily Mirror

West Ham are lining up goalkeeper Richard Wright, who was told in April he would not be offered a new deal by Ipswich, to succeed England's Robert Green, who they hope to sell this summer to help alleviate the club's debt. Daily Mail

The Hammers also want to acquire Argentine playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme, who is out of contract at Boca Juniors and is considering offers from the east Londoners and a raft of other European and South American sides. Daily Mail

Fulham's Nigerian midfielder Dickson Etuhu and St Etienne's Argentine striker Gonzalo Bergessio are two other targets for new West Ham boss Avram Grant. Daily Mail

Schalke's German international keeper Manuel Neuer is being lined up as the man to eventually replace Manchester United stopper Edwin Van der Sar. caughtoffside.com

Manchester United's Serbian winger Zoran Tosic is set to join CSKA Moscow in an £8m deal after turning down a move to Cologne. Daily Mail

Tottenham are ready to make a new bid for Spartak Moscow keeper Stipe Pletikosa. Daily Mail

Deportivo La Coruna have withdrawn their interest in Tottenham winger Giovani dos Santos and Arsenal striker Carlos Vela, who are on World Cup duty for Mexico. the Times

Stoke City are still hopeful of sealing the signing of Cardiff City midfielder Joe Ledley, despite facing competition from Italian side Roma for the 23-year-old. Daily Mail

Stoke have also set their sights on a double swoop for Aston Villa's England striker Emile Heskey and West Ham forward Carlton Cole. the Sun

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is set to improve his offer for Fulham defender Paul Konchesky to £2m, having had an initial offer of £1.5m turned down by the Cottagers. the Sun

Birmingham are also closing in on the £5m signing of Palermo striker Fabrizio Miccoli, with fellow forward Kevin Phillips set to leave the club as a result. Daily Mirror

Everton striker James Vaughan is wanted on a season-long loan by new Celtic boss Neil Lennon, with Leicester and Derby interested in signing the 21-year-old for £1m. Daily Mirror

Wigan are hopeful of signing Real Madrid reserve keeper Antonio Adan on loan as they look for cover for Chris Kirkland. Daily Mirror

Newcastle United are considering a move for Celtic's Greece striker Georgios Samaras, who is expected to be released by new manager Neil Lennon this summer. (Daily Record)

Steven Mouyokolo has been offered a new four-year contract by Hull City to ward off interest in the central defender from Fulham. the Times

OTHER BOLLOX
Former Portsmouth and Crystal Palace manager Paul Hart is set to be named Hull's new boss after Cardiff City chief Dave Jones was priced out of the running. Daily Mirror

Portsmouth hope to announce former Notts County boss Steve Cotterill as their new manager on Thursday, provided creditors agree to an offer of 20 pence in the pound on the same day. Daily Mail

Former Leeds defender Lucas Radebe is set to return to the club as a coach. the Sun

Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta is set to commit his future to the club as payback for helping him through his injury problems. The 28-year-old was out for eight months in 2009 with a knee injury. the Sun

England have been forced to rewash their match-day kit for Friday's World Cup game against Algeria after a sewage pipe at the squad's base in Royal Bafokeng leaked over it.Daily Mail

Sports manufacturers adidas have claimed that altitude rather than design is affecting the much-criticised new Jabulani World Cup ball. (Daily Record)

Meanwhile, it has emerged that England manager Fabio Capello turned down the opportunity for his playing staff to learn about the new ball at a convention in February and also declined the use of it in training prior to the start of the World Cup. the Independent

ANT'S WORLD CUP WAG-OFF
Ivory Coast Image v Portugal Image
http://www.skysports.com/football/world ... 84,00.html

Brazil Image v Korea DPR Image
http://www.skysports.com/football/world ... 86,00.html

REVIEW OF THE SEASON - PT 15
Liverpool and Manchester City fought out a draw at Anfield that failed to provide compelling evidence to support the claims of either club to finish in the Premier League's top four.
The game sparked to life with four second-half goals after a first 45 minutes that was a monument to mediocrity - but both Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez and his Manchester City counterpart Mark Hughes will see a draw as two points lost.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 364417.stm
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Vhero » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:37 am

Seems the Benayoun rumour was true then.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:48 am

Vhero wrote:Seems the Benayoun rumour was true then.

He's past his prime at 30 - but the Guy would still be worth a punt for a couple of seasons service.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:55 am

btajim wrote:

He's past his prime at 30 - but the Guy would still be worth a punt for a couple of seasons service.

I think he's an ok player... not gonna have the big boys worried though.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:19 am

london blue 2 wrote:
btajim wrote:

I agree. Maybe not Lidl and Aldi shopping, but definitely not Waitrose. Tesco and ASDA. (Value/Smartprice brands)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:34 am

WORLD CUP BOLLOX
North Korea has secured legal rights to televise World Cup matches live, according to Asia's broadcasting union - who deny that the communist state had pirated a recording of the opening fixture.

According to South Korean broadcaster SBS, the North's Korean Central Broadcast Service (KBS) aired Friday's 1-1 draw between South Africa and Mexico without permission.

But the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union said North Korea - whose team is competing at the World Cup for the first time in 44 years - had used legal footage "right from the start" following a deal between the union and football's world governing body Fifa.

Meanwhile, North Korea coach Kim Jong-hun bristled at a question from South Korean media ahead of his team's opening match against Brazil. A reporter, speaking in Korean, referred to his nation as "North Korea" in a news conference on Monday - rather than by the country's official name, the Democratic Republic of Korea.

"There's no such country named 'North Korea,' replied Kim. "Next question."

A question about North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il's involvement in team selection was then cut off, with a Fifa official reminding journalists not to ask political questions.

France's playmaker Yoann Gourcuff - the struggling heir apparent to Zinedine Zidane - is being cast as socially isolated from the core of Les Bleus squad after an anonymous start to the World Cup in their drab 0-0 opener with Uruguay.

"Yo [Gourcuff], I never hear him," said captain Patrice Evra. "To speak to Gourcuff, you have to talk to [Jeremy] Toulalan. It's with him that I see him having a laugh."

There is even speculation that Gourcuff is being ignored by his team-mates on the pitch, with Nicolas Anelka and Franck Ribery allegedly guilty of deliberately not passing the ball to the Bordeaux midfielder.

Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo added his voice to the complaints about the wall of sound being made by the vuvuzela trumpets at the World Cup.

"It is difficult for anyone on the pitch to concentrate," he said.

"A lot of players don't like them, but they are going to have to get used to them. Hardly anyone likes them, but the people who do like them are those who like to blow the instruments and make a racket."

More than 100 World Cup security stewards have protested in Durban a day before Spain plays Switzerland as they call on Fifa to confirm what they should be paid by contractors for working at the tournament, according to reports.

Armed police looked on as the workers danced, chanted and sang at the peaceful demonstration on Tuesday. Protest leader Sibusiso Mthethwa said the stewards would "protect our visitors" even if their demand for higher wages are not met.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:37 am

john@staustell wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
btajim wrote:

I agree. Maybe not Lidl and Aldi shopping, but definitely not Waitrose. Tesco and ASDA. (Value/Smartprice brands)

Decent player but not the standard Ancelotti would be bringing into Chelsea if he had an unlimited budget. It's a safety net signing in case they can't get anyone else. To me, it's an indication that they'll only be competing with us for 1 or 2 players at the most, not chasing all of our targets ( like the papers are suggesting).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 am

OFFICIAL SITE BOLLOX ROUND-UP
The domestic scene is at its quietest with a World Cup in full swing, but thanks to our boys back home, there will always be a corner of each paper that is forever transfers.
Midlands-based terrier James Nursey, along with Dave Anderson keeping the home fires burning for the Mirror, files an exclusive from deep within the corridors of Villa Park.

He asserts that City "have stepped up their pursuit of James Milner by telling Aston Villa face-to-face they want the England ace". Read that intro again, it scans like poetry.

James goes on to reveal: "They (City) are willing to return with another offer for the versatile midfielder as soon as England's World Cup campaign is over.

"City chief executive Garry Cook sought out his Villa opposite number Paul Faulkner at a Premier League meeting earlier this month." Well, he is a convivial chap, James.

The Mirrorman adds that Villa "are refusing to put a price tag on Milner as they seek to maximise his value if he does well in South Africa". Wonder how that's going ...

Elsewhere on a thin day for transfer gossip (and, by extension, What The Papers Say) The Mail's Screamer column reckons Sunderland are in pole position for a deal to land Nedum Onuoha.

Well done lads, keep up the good work. You're holding the fort, and at least your ears aren't buzzing from vuvuzelas.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:05 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
btajim wrote:

Decent player but not the standard Ancelotti would be bringing into Chelsea if he had an unlimited budget. It's a safety net signing in case they can't get anyone else. To me, it's an indication that they'll only be competing with us for 1 or 2 players at the most, not chasing all of our targets ( like the papers are suggesting).

Got a good mate who's a Chelsea fan and fairly ITK with connections up that way and he reckons they still aren't going to splash the cash. Need to break even etc. Also one paper today had them blooding 5 youngsters next season. Laudable that may be, but I'd be faintly worried if I was a fan of theirs.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby btajim » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:34 pm

john@staustell wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:I think he's an ok player... not gonna have the big boys worried though.

Why are Chelsea after him, then? They must see something. He's better than OK. He's a good Premiership player.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:20 pm

ITV sacks Earle over links to World Cup ambush marketing ploy
ITV has fired the football commentator Robbie Earle after it emerged that tickets he had been given for family and friends had been passed on to a third party - reportedly a Dutch beer brand that then used them in an ambush marketing campaign.

ITV said that Earle’s actions were in breach of FIFA rules and that his contract had been “terminated with immediate effect”. The broadcaster is now reviewing its entire allocation of tickets for the tournament.

The tickets were for the Holland versus Denmark match yesterday. ITV said they appeared to have been used for “unauthorised purposes” and that FIFA claimed they “may have been used for ambush marketing”.

During the match, held in Johannesburg, a group of 36 women wearing orange dresses and promoting the Dutch beer brand Bavaria were removed from the stadium. The Dutch media reports that Bavaria has admitted paying the women to attend the match.

The brand has previous history of disruptive marketing at the World Cup - in 2006 as many as a thousand Dutch football fans turned up at games wearing branded orange lederhosen. They were forced to remove the trousers and watch the game, against Ivory Coast, in their underpants.

Budweiser is the official beer sponsor of the world cup.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Walsall Sign Paul Marshall
Walsall have made their first summer signing by bringing in young midfielder Paul Marshall from Manchester City.
Marshall, 20, a regular in City’s reserves, has had spells with Blackpool and Port Vale in the Football League, as well as last season with Aberdeen.
Manchester-born Marshall, who has signed a one-year deal, is a graduate of the youth set-up at Eastlands.
The England Under-20 international came through City’s ranks alongside Clayton McDonald, signed by Walsall in January.
“Clayton is a good friend and he really sold the club to me,” Marshall told the club website.
“I’m delighted to come here and have the opportunity to play at a good level.
“Now the deal is done, I can’t wait to get started. Hopefully I will fit the bill.
“The training ground is quality. I didn’t expect it to be as good as it was and it will certainly be a nice environment to work in.
“The Banks’s Stadium is also a nice, compact ground and will be a good place to play my football.”
Marshall is also looking forward to seeing who else might join him at the club before the start of the new season.
“I know that the club are looking to bring players in who are comfortable on the ball,” he said.
“I have already played at a good standard in the Scottish Premier League and the Championship plus I’ve been to the World Cup with England Under-20s, so I’m looking forward to the challenge that League One will present.”

WAG BOLLOX
The Sky Sports Wag-off has been removed for some reason ... hmmm complaint from FA/FIFA??
Anyway feck em we'll have our own . . .

CSKA Moscow winger Milos Krasic holding out for Juventus as he snubs Manchester City and Manchester United
Agent confirms player has heart set on move to Stadio Olympico...
CSKA Moscow winger Milos Krasic has set his heart on a move to Italian side Juventus ahead of Manchester United, according to the player's representative Marko Naletilic.
It had been reported recently that Inter Milan had entered the race for the highly-rated Serbian midfielder, and rumours were circulating that Rafael Benitez's side had moved into pole position to claim the player’s signature.
But it now appears that Juventus were favourites all along with the player setting his heart on a move to Turin over Serie A champions Inter, Manchester United and ambitious Manchester City.
Confirmation of the 25-year-old’s move away from Russia seems imminent, but, despite the player’s preference, the destination is still unknown.
"The move to Juventus is still a possibility, but the situation is complicated," Naletilic told calciomercato.it.
"I am moderately optimistic, but we will have to see. CSKA Moscow have taken four or five days waiting for an offer from Manchester City."
When questioned on Inter Milan’s involvement, Naletillic confirmed that they were no longer in the race, along with Manchester United.
He added, "Inter Milan? Actually, Juventus and Manchester City are the only clubs involved at the moment.
"The problem for CSKA is that Krasic wants to join Juventus and doesn't want to discuss other destinations.
"When will there be news? I cannot say, but Juventus cannot afford to wait too long."
CSKA announced today the signing of Manchester United's winger Zoran Tosic for a fee beleived to be around £8 million, and he is expected to be the replacement for the out-going Krasic.

Rosario Central defender Guillermo Burdisso anxiously awaiting impending move to Manchester City or Manchester United
North west heavyweights scramble for centre back...
Promising Rosario Central defender Guillermo Burdisso has declared that one of Manchester United or Manchester City is set to swoop for his signature.
The 22-year old has emerged as a star centre back in his native country this season after flopping at River Plate previously. He has already gained one international cap and had been linked with a transfer to join older brother, and Argentina World Cup squad member, Nicolas at Roma.
Speaking to reporters, Burdisso said: "I have been told that in the next days an offer from Manchester is going to arrive to the club and that when that happens the manager, Vicente Cunado, is going to tell me if it's from Manchester City or Manchester United.
"In addition, according to what is being said by the press of Rosario, it seems to be that what has been offered is what Rosario Central expects my transfer."

SEASON REVIEW
Jimmy Bullard scored an 82nd-minute penalty to earn Hull City a precious point and ensure a seventh successive top-flight draw for Manchester City.
Shaun Wright-Phillips opened the scoring in a largely uninspiring match when his speculative shot deflected in.
But City failed to build on it and only Joleon Lescott's goalline clearance denied Richard Garcia an equaliser.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 377131.stm
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 pm

MAIL BOLLOX
Yaya Toure set to seal £25m Manchester City switch but Barcelona rebuff Dani Alves
Yaya Toure hopes to decide over the next 48 hours whether to join Manchester City - with Barcelona poised to accept their £25million offer.
Arsenal and Chelsea are also interested in the Ivory Coast international but have not bid close to City's marker.
Toure's agent Dimitri Selguk has met with Barca technical director Txiki Begiristain.
Set to sign: Manchester City are closing in on Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure
He said: 'Within a couple of days I hope we have a solution, but before that I must speak to the player.
'I think Barcelona would prefer this option (City) because they are the ones who are offering the most money.'
No go: Barcelona don't want to sell contract rebel Dani Alves to Manchester City
Barcelona, however, remain reluctant to sell Brazil full-back Daniel Alves to City despite the fact he has rejected their second and latest contract offer. Meanwhile, City are considering loaning midfielder Vladimir Weiss to Newcastle.

WALMAI BOLLOX
West Ham on the brink of major signing
It has been reported today that West Ham are on the brink of signing the Argentinian midfielder Juan Riquelme.
Riquelme, 31, has spent the last 3 years with Boca Juniors but is now available on a free transfer and it would appear as though he may be on his way to Upton Park (or Boleyn Park, whichever suits) pretty soon.
Barry McIntosh, who is the player’s agent, had this to say today : “I think the location of London, the challenge at West Ham and working beside the likes of Scott Parker and Thomas Hitzlsperger have been very important factors in him considering the move.”
McIntosh went onto say : “Right now, we think the best option, the most likely, and the one he’s most interested in is West Ham.”
Personally, I believe this would be an incredible signing for the Hammers. Even though he is getting on a bit now, Riquelme is still a very gifted player who could certainly do a job for West Ham. I would love to see how Riquelme would adapt to the pace of the Premier League and judging by reports, I won’t have to wait long.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Time you were in bed Chinners.

No wonder you have trouble getting your bollox out early some mornings ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby john68 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:19 am

I do hope there is no truth in the rumour of Vladi Weiss going on loan to Newcastle. Not unless it was a very short loan spell. At some point he is going to feel his future lies elsewhere and we'll lose a very exciting player.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:08 am

john68 wrote:I do hope there is no truth in the rumour of Vladi Weiss going on loan to Newcastle. Not unless it was a very short loan spell. At some point he is going to feel his future lies elsewhere and we'll lose a very exciting player.

exactly.
Instead of looking some yet another squad winger, we should take Weiss as member of first team rotation. I think he is ready to feature from the bench. Sometimes you just have to throw them to deep end to see if they can swim.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:21 am

john68 wrote:I do hope there is no truth in the rumour of Vladi Weiss going on loan to Newcastle. Not unless it was a very short loan spell. At some point he is going to feel his future lies elsewhere and we'll lose a very exciting player.

Having just watched him in the WC game he seems to me to still have the same faults; not busting a gut to get into dangerous positions, content to hang around on the edge of play waiting for the ball to come to him, usually in unthreatening areas, then try a couple of quick party pieces.

There's no doubting his natural ability is as good as most but if the only chance he gets at City is pre season, it's unlikely he'll grab a 1st team spot (especially if Robinho comes back) & he faces another year in the reserves. That would certainly see him ask to leave. If we instead loan him to Newcastle, we find out for sure if he's got what it takes, not just to be a decent PL player but to be a top 4 one. He needs to grow a pair, quickly & imo Newcastle would be a great proving ground. If he can't ba a star there, he won't at City.

It's similar imo to Joe Hart's spell at Brum, without it we'd probably have had to sell him by now as he would have been unhappy. That loan spell saved his City career, at least for this coming season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Grob » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Weiss needs evaluating in pre season before any decision is made ove his shrt term future.

He still has alot to learn, its whether he can learn on the job for us or at a lower level team.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Return to The Maine Football forum