Mancityfans.net.FC Vs FC Twente Superkings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancityfans.net.FC Vs FC Twente Superkings

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Mancityfans.net.FC-20 FC Twente Superkings 8
Sven-7
Piccs- 3 inc 2 OG that he is claiming!!
Ashton-2
Markymark-4
Uwe_Sky_Blue_Duvet-3
Bluemoonwoken-1

Well done to the lads, a much approved performance on last week. Special mention to Wonderwall "the Cat" who played the whole game in goal and was excellent and Mark who played despite being a tad bit under the weather.

That win has just kept me in a job:-)
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Re: Mancityfans.net.FC Vs FC Twente Superkings

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Cracking scoreline, are you sure you are playing football and not the american version?

Well done bro, only let in 8. :p
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Slim wrote:Cracking scoreline, are you sure you are playing football and not the american version?

After the first 5 mins i thought it was going to be 0-0 as the keepers were well on top...Bob shocked me with a couple of wonder stops!!
Sister of fu

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Slim wrote:Cracking scoreline, are you sure you are playing football and not the american version?

After the first 5 mins i thought it was going to be 0-0 as the keepers were well on top...Bob shocked me with a couple of wonder stops!!

Well, he is the wonderwall.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Sis how very dare you.
The first one was a well placed curler that got the goalie in a mess and admittedly he sort of stopped it, then it the post and neatly dropped in the onion bag via his face, but it was a masterstroke using the defender to leave him unsighted.
The second one was simply me nipping in and toe poking past the keeper without the slightest doubt of an oggy. He was claiming I was in the 'D' which obviously I wasn't.
Besides that my finishing was a masterclass in what not to do in front of goal, peaking in a one on one effort that wasn't hit hard enough to even qualify as a back pass.
Besides that, we had a better level of fitness, more movement, actually passing the ball, a couple of neat one two's to create goals and some excellent finishing , with the notable exception of me.
I felt a million times livelier this week and i think I wasn't the only one. It will get better still when we calm down some more and stop going at a thousand miles an hour. A little bit of know how was evident this time and that will continue to improve.
I was well impressed with the improvement we all showed.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Sis how very dare you.
The first one was a well placed curler that got the goalie in a mess and admittedly he sort of stopped it, then it the post and neatly dropped in the onion bag via his face, but it was a masterstroke using the defender to leave him unsighted.
The second one was simply me nipping in and toe poking past the keeper without the slightest doubt of an oggy. He was claiming I was in the 'D' which obviously I wasn't.
Besides that my finishing was a masterclass in what not to do in front of goal, peaking in a one on one effort that wasn't hit hard enough to even qualify as a back pass.
Besides that, we had a better level of fitness, more movement, actually passing the ball, a couple of neat one two's to create goals and some excellent finishing , with the notable exception of me.
I felt a million times livelier this week and i think I wasn't the only one. It will get better still when we calm down some more and stop going at a thousand miles an hour. A little bit of know how was evident this time and that will continue to improve.
I was well impressed with the improvement we all showed.

Yeah I think my collecting of the subs was top notch and I score myself a 7 out of 10:-)
Sister of fu

Postby french_tony » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Yep some great performances tonight lads. Well apart from me who was clearly "lacking match practice". Shitty pen to give away and kept fucking falling over! Things can only get better....

Special mention to Wonderwall though, he made some blinding saves and kept us very well organised at the back all game. And some of Sven and Marks finishing was Shaun Goater-esque!
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:14 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Sven-7

Bollocks. Nobody has ever scored SEVEN in a game. Ever.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:16 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Sven-7

Bollocks. Nobody has ever scored SEVEN in a game. Ever.

Had to happen, I would eventually find that joke funny again.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:23 pm

I am now on my post match warm down of Cobra beer and JPS Superkings.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Im not sure if ive had a cold or what i keep coughing so much flem up its crazy! my head was pounding too. I felt ill not sure if its the fact that ive sat on my ass for 4 years doing nothing.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:56 pm

well done to all tonight, it was tight start with no goals for a while and then they went 3-1 up, we responded fuclin brilliant and went in 9-3 up at half time. Pick of the bunch was Sven for me, top showing.

2nd half saw them score 3 in quick succession and I am sure it was about 9-6 at one stage, then we got our heads together again and really knocked it about well, it looked really good.

MarkMak and Sven were really good today, but my MOTM was Piccs, thought he was fuclin top notch, well played Roger.

Everyone else played their part, Uwes skyblue duvet was great and scored a corker when he looked like he was dead and buried in the corner. Ashton scored a supred goal from their kickoff, if you have seen vinnie jones in XMEN, well Ashton is the MCF.NET juggernaught!

Blue Moon Awoken was nowhere near as bad as he thinks and did a really good job and French Tony was bamby on ice ;-) Only kidding Si, great energy an you put a shift in.

Looking forward to next week, but the gaffer wont be there :-( So we will have to get by without the tactical subs, I have already been advised by mini wonderwall that he is in charge apparently?!?!?
Well done fellas
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john68 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 am

I would have loved to have seen Picc's "WELL PLACED CURLER"....Did he need a hairnet to keep it in place....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:00 am

It really clicked last night.

I have to take part blame for our defeat last week, I didn't track back enough as I thought there should be one loan striker up top at all times.

I did what you said this week an it paid off. Not just me but everyone stuck to their men an I think bob takes a lot of credit for that with his talking.

Hard to single one player out really,
ric bagged up a million goals,
jermone, despite fitness just looks so comfortable an relaxes on the ball, lovely feet,
roger his usual awesome self an so needed at the back,
Ashton (the wardrobe)just doesn't let people get past him ever! an got a nice goal,
bob pulled off save after save an was very commanding,
uwe (dunno real name) an si came in an helped out,
uwe especially was composed an I can tell si has got skill when he gets into it more.

Well chuffed with last night, well done lads. My first goal was the best though, the quick feet left foot then outside of right, genius.
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:01 am

Not having seen the game I put this down to brilliant management.WTG Andie. Clearly we learned a lot from the first match and played without the defensive midfielders to let the flair players play freely.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:03 am

I think a big key was Bob in goal. Didn't let in anything soft but more importantly, as Mark intimates, the talking and guidance was first rate. I played most of the game at the back and could hear everything he said and he was building everybody's confidence at the same time.
And he said I played well so I'm feeling extra charitable towards him today.
But my God, my legs are in agony this morning, I can barely move. I couldn't run enough last week to strain anything, but that extra energy is leaving me suffering now.
John, come on, I hardly need curlers for my 'flowing tresses' do I now?
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goataldo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:12 pm

I think we grew in stature as the game developed. Helps having someone behind you saying the right things be it 'keeper or last man - it was touch and go between WW and Pics for MoM for me, both take the lion's share of responsibility for the solidity of the defence. I thought we seemed quite disciplined (most of the time!), especially thinking that we are only gonna get better as a unit, as players learn each others styles.

Some of our goals were awsome, and I normally hate that word and just let Americans use it inappropriately. To be fair though, we could have had at least thirty last night. I'm not sure if their 'keeper will ever want to play football again. I hope he went home and some one asked him how it went - 'I conceded twenty, and one of them went in off my own face!' Hahahahaha.

Personally I was well below par and got 'megged twice in my first five minutes for two soft goals. However, if Marco van Basten had scored that left foot volley from the one (at most!) degree angle, he would still be bangin on about it now. Some of you looked surprised. How dare you!

Enjoyed it, and I'm well positive that team is only gonna get better.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Tough call on who plays next. We have got numero unos at 9pm.

Please let me know who is in and who is out. Remember only 8 can play. I know Ric is out next week so will be replaced by Bingo.

Bingo
Lee_Kinda
Wonderwall
Piccs
Mark
Uwe
Ashton
French Tony
Bluemoonawoken
Sister of fu

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Tough call on who plays next. We have got numero unos at 9pm.

Please let me know who is in and who is out. Remember only 8 can play. I know Ric is out next week so will be replaced by Bingo.

Bingo
Lee_Kinda
Wonderwall
Piccs
Mark
Uwe
Ashton
French Tony
Bluemoonawoken

I am all for giving people a game, Bingo cannot play most weeks so agree he needs to get a game. I will be the one to drop out and let you guys get on with it.

I will be first sub if anyone cannot make it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 pm

I was going to say id drop out wonderwall as you was the keeper, as ive been struggling with fitness in the past 2 games. Im going to try and get some road work this week. but its up to you.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum