Gourcuff

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Gourcuff

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I was bit baffled though how deep Domenech made him play. He can play central midfied well from what I've seen of him but on friday he was mostly on their own half of the pitch, picking the ball and passing it around rather than bit further up the field where he can look for openings in defence.

Judging a potential signing for City on what they do under Domenech is pointless, I think. It really does take a reamarkable level of incompetence to make the pool of talent the French have got look as inept as he has managed to do. Not that I am against it, mind, as it does give me some ammunition to throw at my Francophone chums, but it is an amazing feat of almost Frank Clark proportions.

i agree. this French team should be fuclin killing it. Insane really. Top 5 talent in the world at his disposal. Not a fist, but five fingers.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CityGer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:19 pm

I think this is by far the poorest French squad since Euro 96.

No doubt Domenech is a loon and isn't up to the job but by no means has he a squad of world beaters at his disposal.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:Can't see this being true.
Why would they be at Carrington? Without him? Surely they'd only go to Carrington for a Medical? But he isn't there to have one is he?

Unless we're signing his dad.....

**edit - I don't mean he ain't signing, just can't understand why his dad and agent would be at Carrington.

I think his dad is his agent mate. And manager of Lorient.
Don't necesserily mean he is signing but I get the feeling that bid may have been accepted and they are discussing personal terms. Should those be agreed, there's enough time after the world cup to do the medical (like we ever do those to players) and sign the dotted line.

But deals are done at COMS, not Carrington.

Could be that they are showing the places (good training facilities means surpricingly much to players), could be that they want to keep it hush hush (that's working well so far obviously!).

Despite your ill considered remarks on the IOM TT, I actually agree with your statements regarding Gourcuff, Antti.

As far as I'm aware, Lorient are a mid to small sized club in French Football. Imagine what his old man could do with extra money from a pre-season friendly and maybe some sort of academy tie, if he was to massage the transfer of his son to us?

Maybe Monsieur Gourcuff is looking at it objectively and not just about the money. This would be a refreshing change from those who have disregarded instantly us due to the Money and lack of Champions League prestige aspect?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Twobob » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:Can't see this being true.
Why would they be at Carrington? Without him? Surely they'd only go to Carrington for a Medical? But he isn't there to have one is he?

Unless we're signing his dad.....

**edit - I don't mean he ain't signing, just can't understand why his dad and agent would be at Carrington.

I think his dad is his agent mate. And manager of Lorient.
Don't necesserily mean he is signing but I get the feeling that bid may have been accepted and they are discussing personal terms. Should those be agreed, there's enough time after the world cup to do the medical (like we ever do those to players) and sign the dotted line.

But deals are done at COMS, not Carrington.

Could be that they are showing the places (good training facilities means surpricingly much to players), could be that they want to keep it hush hush (that's working well so far obviously!).

Despite your ill considered remarks on the IOM TT, I actually agree with your statements regarding Gourcuff, Antti.

As far as I'm aware, Lorient are a mid to small sized club in French Football. Imagine what his old man could do with extra money from a pre-season friendly and maybe some sort of academy tie, if he was to massage the transfer of his son to us?

Maybe Monsieur Gourcuff is looking at it objectively and not just about the money. This would be a refreshing change from those who have disregarded instantly us due to the Money and lack of Champions League prestige aspect?

Could also be that we may be setting up some kind of partnership with Lorient in a similar way we've done with other clubs - maybe as part of the deal for Gourcuff or maybe unrelated ... we shall see ..

Incidentally, all the way through this thread I read 'Lorient' as 'Leighton Orient' for some insane reason - was well mashing my head up I can tell ya!!!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:57 pm

My Elano early warning detector is bleeping like fuck on this one.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Mmmmm, where's BT?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Twobob wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Despite your ill considered remarks on the IOM TT, I actually agree with your statements regarding Gourcuff, Antti.

Could also be that we may be setting up some kind of partnership with Lorient in a similar way we've done with other clubs - maybe as part of the deal for Gourcuff or maybe unrelated ... we shall see ..

Incidentally, all the way through this thread I read 'Lorient' as 'Leighton Orient' for some insane reason - was well mashing my head up I can tell ya!!!

He doesn't play for Lorient does he?
I thought he was at Bordeaux....
So can't see the connection, or am I being a total fucktard?
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Twobob » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Twobob wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Despite your ill considered remarks on the IOM TT, I actually agree with your statements regarding Gourcuff, Antti.

He doesn't play for Lorient does he?
I thought he was at Bordeaux....
So can't see the connection, or am I being a total fucktard?

YOur dead on - I'm the fucktard getting confused - at one stage I had him at Leighton Orient - my fuckin head is the same place as Robson's today!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:45 pm

posted this in another thread,

hang on, think about it a bit more. Why leave Milan for Bordeaux? Surely if the purpose of the loan was to gain experience, he would have wanted to go back to the Rossoneri to take his place in the first team after Kaka did one? He could have told Bordeaux this, whatever fee they were offering Milan. Homesickness? Maybe he's a bit of a Robinho.

I've hardly seen him play to be honest, but if he's got baggage I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

anyone shed any more light on why he's at Bordeaux?
The Man In Blue

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:00 pm

CityGer wrote:I think this is by far the poorest French squad since Euro 96.

No doubt Domenech is a loon and isn't up to the job but by no means has he a squad of world beaters at his disposal.

The quality of the squad isn't exactly helped when domonech is picking govou, gignac ahead of benzema. I know benzemas not had the best of seasons at real, but to leave him out of the squad is fucking criminal.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:

The quality of the squad isn't exactly helped when domonech is picking govou, gignac ahead of benzema. I know benzemas not had the best of seasons at real, but to leave him out of the squad is fucking criminal.

absolutely foolish to left him out.

Anyway, Govou is like French version of Heskey. I have no idea why he always gets picked. Headless chicken if I ever saw one.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:19 pm

heard on the radio the other night that there were more French players than any other nationality in the last eight of the CL.

i think it's Domenech, he seems to be an utter clown.
The Man In Blue

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Mmmmm, where's BT?

Alright Beefy lad.

Apologies for the delay, I was just getting an ice cream in Heaton Park ;-)

Doubters of the original poster's info should show some faith in what he's said.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Blue Toy wrote:

Alright Beefy lad.

Doubters of the original poster's info should show some faith in what he's said.

Was walking the dog up there not long ago, some nice sites ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 pm

I didn't trust our ITK, so I went to bluemoan for the real story, they don't know shit about it....so it must be true.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:posted this in another thread,

hang on, think about it a bit more. Why leave Milan for Bordeaux? Surely if the purpose of the loan was to gain experience, he would have wanted to go back to the Rossoneri to take his place in the first team after Kaka did one? He could have told Bordeaux this, whatever fee they were offering Milan. Homesickness? Maybe he's a bit of a Robinho.

I've hardly seen him play to be honest, but if he's got baggage I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

anyone shed any more light on why he's at Bordeaux?

He asked to stay at bordeaux after his loan deal expired and Milan said fine by us and sold him on. He is very inconsistent and not the top top player we are looking for IMO. He is a very good you tube player though.

I want to know how the OP's mate knows what his dad looks like? I wouldnt even know my mates dad if I fell over him in the street.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:51 pm

He was a former pro so there's a small chance he could have recognised him - I haven't got a clue though
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

Alright Beefy lad.

You know to someone of more perverse mind (doomie) the winks and visits to parks sounds like either you two been cottaging or dogging :-p
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:06 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

Alright Beefy lad.

You know to someone of more perverse mind (doomie) the winks and visits to parks sounds like either you two been cottaging or dogging :-p

Got to be better than a Cottaging Dogger though, eh Rural :-|

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:17 pm

i think another manager would get a lot from this squad. i think the talent is there. Much more so than the Italians, only behind Spain and Germany in terms of continental team depth, don't you think?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum