Gourcuff

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Gourcuff

Postby Grob » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Didnt impress me on Friday.

But Jo once scored twice against Inter Milan so looks can be deceiving.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:14 am

Still not sure about this guy....blows hot and cold. Failed at Milan, looked world-class at Bordeaux in the chumps league but then again was dreadful for France against Uruguay when it was his chance to shine.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:37 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Still not sure about this guy....blows hot and cold. Failed at Milan, looked world-class at Bordeaux in the chumps league but then again was dreadful for France against Uruguay when it was his chance to shine.

To be fair Uruguay aren't the worst defensive team you've ever seen, are they?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:04 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Still not sure about this guy....blows hot and cold. Failed at Milan, looked world-class at Bordeaux in the chumps league but then again was dreadful for France against Uruguay when it was his chance to shine.

Didn't expect him to give 17 assists and score a hat-trick, but even simple things, like a good first touch, didn't work out for him. He then compensates with a nice pirouette thingymajig with no real end result and suddenly he's the new Zidane. But maybe he just had a bad game, rather him than Milner anyhow.
Fidel Castro

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:46 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Didn't expect him to give 17 assists and score a hat-trick, but even simple things, like a good first touch, didn't work out for him. He then compensates with a nice pirouette thingymajig with no real end result and suddenly he's the new Zidane. But maybe he just had a bad game, rather him than Milner anyhow.

Milner's game doesn't seem to be something Mancini would covet, while Gourcunt's is. Right?

dunno how much of it is Marwood vs Mancini, but for me...i'd love both in the squad. Different players for sure.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:26 am

I think Milan thing is bit harsh on him. He was there for 15 seconds and everyone realised he needed first team football. I'm slightly more worried about that one feller saying he saw him whopping ten times last season and wasn't impressed. Think I say maybe four Bordeaux games last season and highlights on Eurogoals and was really impressed with him and statistically he had good season as well. Having said that, there might be something that I have missed.

Any which way, I think he is good player with realistic potential to turn into great one in right environment. He definitely has right attributes for Premier League. Isn't afraid to take bit hit unlike most players in his position in Europe. He can play quick football and the speed of thought is there as is the ability to shoot from distance (something we were lacking last season imo).

Also I like the idea of Gourcuff for another reason. He is right kind of challenge for Steven Ireland. Not some overwhelming already there world superstar who would be everything but guaranteed to start every time he is available but up and coming talented player. Ireland would still have every chance to compete with him and show his claws. It might create positive environment for competition. Granted, so far Ireland hasn't showed that competition is something he thrives under but as we saw last season, there needs to be another quality player in squad to take the burden off if Ireland isn't delivering.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:20 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Didnt really help that Anelka refused to pass to him either.

All the other French players hate him and have been publically slagging him off in the press in hope of getting Henry in the side. The French side has always been full of cliches and if your face doest fit (Ribery gag not intended) then you will be made look bad on the pitch by the cliche.

He also might be a twat.

Not one that would get me off my seat if we signed him.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wooders » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:41 am

all players who are representing their country in the world cup are shit - fact
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:46 am

ross.mcfc wrote:The French side has always been full of cliches

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?

Look before you leap?

Don't poke the bear?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:50 am

So, has he signed yet? Was his dad even there or was it just bollocks again? :)
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:51 am

His talent is undeniable but imo out of all the so called 'playmakers' we could go for, he would be the biggest gamble. That's not to say he won't work out though & you can't judge these things, good or bad, on performances in international games.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 am

avoidconfusion wrote:So, has he signed yet? Was his dad even there or was it just bollocks again? :)

Errrrr...... I would assume it's pretty obvious that the player is in South Africa. I don't think any deals will be signed until after the World Cup. Doesn't mean that it was all bullshit though. Doesn't mean he is going to sign either.

I DO believe his father was in Manchester discussing about potential transfer but what was the outcome of those talks, we'll only know after the competition.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:40 am

Slim wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:The French side has always been full of cliches

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?

Look before you leap?

Don't poke the bear?

I buzzed off that too.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Vhero » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:58 am

The more the other French players keep ignoring him the more it increases our chances of getting him if we insist on a reasonable price as if he has a screamer of a world cup we would have had trouble getting him but if he has a bad one we can give a low offer. So players not playing well at world cup is good for us in some cases too.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:08 am

I suppose. It's only good if they rediscover their form rather than being at the start of a slippery slope ... I believe Jo was signed on simmilar 'form'
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:00 am

Chinners wrote:I suppose. It's only good if they rediscover their form rather than being at the start of a slippery slope ... I believe Jo was signed on simmilar 'form'

..............and El Hadj Diouf, and Poborski by red clubs!

Book of war, page 1, line 1:

"Never invade Russia" (Copyright Monty)

Book of football transfers, page 1, line 1:

"Never sign anyone on the back of a good tournament!"
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Fesan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm

Gourcuff would be a dream signing for me, he has been sensational in the french league the last two seasons (considering his age). Did poor at Milan and does poor in the national team (heard rumors it is because the other team-mates dislike him).

Great for us if he has a poor WC and that he has "failed" in a big team before because I believe that makes it easier for us to grab him and if we can unleash his potential he will be GREAT:-)

My 2 cents, hope he comes:-)
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Fesan wrote:Gourcuff would be a dream signing for me, he has been sensational in the french league the last two seasons (considering his age). Did poor at Milan and does poor in the national team (heard rumors it is because the other team-mates dislike him).

Great for us if he has a poor WC and that he has "failed" in a big team before because I believe that makes it easier for us to grab him and if we can unleash his potential he will be GREAT:-)

My 2 cents, hope he comes:-)

The whole "French team hates him" thing is something I heard first time in friday. Can anyone explain where that comes from?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:49 pm

i think there was an article about it pretty recently talking about the different groups that have formed in the french camp as a result of domenech being a complete pussy and not asserting any control whatsoever. Apprently the only one that isn't a complete dick to gourcuff is toloulan. Everyone else including ribery and anelka take the piss out of him all the time, at training and even during games. Not exactly sure what the reason is but I think it may be some jealously because he is seen as the heir to zidane and they think he has been giving preferential treatment wherever he goes? maybe they see him as arrogant ... which would be some feat to be seen as arrogant in that squad ... the fucking egos they have.

anyway, no one has delved into the reasons except to say that pretty much everyone hates gourcuff

a strong coach would have none of that ... but domenech is anything but a strong coach. I wouldn't even count him as a coach really
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Renato_CTID » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Yohann to City? Well, all I know of his past AC Milan experience is he's a very talented player but ... mmm, some friends working in Milanello told me he has strange attitudes in his private life!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum