Gourcuff

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Gourcuff

Postby ja0005 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Just had a text off my mate at Carrington - Gourcuff's dad and his agent are there now.

I've no need to bullshit, and am just passing some info on, before all the abuse starts!
M.C.F.C - Ruining Football Since 2008
ja0005
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Re: Gourcuff

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:23 pm

But does your mate?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:24 pm

ja0005 wrote:Just had a text off my mate at Carrington - Gourcuff's dad and his agent are there now.

I've no need to bullshit, and am just passing some info on, before all the abuse starts!

To be fair, I've heard that rumour some days back from legit sources.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:24 pm

Can't see this being true.
Why would they be at Carrington? Without him? Surely they'd only go to Carrington for a Medical? But he isn't there to have one is he?

Unless we're signing his dad.....

**edit - I don't mean he ain't signing, just can't understand why his dad and agent would be at Carrington.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:Can't see this being true.
Why would they be at Carrington? Without him? Surely they'd only go to Carrington for a Medical? But he isn't there to have one is he?

**edit - I don't mean he ain't signing, just can't understand why his dad and agent would be at Carrington.

I think his dad is his agent mate. And manager of Lorient.
Don't necesserily mean he is signing but I get the feeling that bid may have been accepted and they are discussing personal terms. Should those be agreed, there's enough time after the world cup to do the medical (like we ever do those to players) and sign the dotted line.

Gourcouff would make sense as well. Position of need for us and playing for club that would sell should they receive substantial offer. Now all we need to do is to hope he doesn't play well in tournament so that we will not have too much competition.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:Why would they be at Carrington? Without him? Surely they'd only go to Carrington for a Medical? But he isn't there to have one is he?

On this note, do we have designated 'offices' where signings and the like are undertaken? If so, where are they? And if not, I'm guessing Carrington would be as good a place as any to take them, 'cos I'm guessing that CoMS are will be pretty busy, what with now being the prime time to start getting building work undertaken on City Street, relaying the pitch, and general maintenance. Maybe Carrington is just a wee bit less hectic.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Don't necesserily mean he is signing but I get the feeling that bid may have been accepted and they are discussing personal terms. Should those be agreed, there's enough time after the world cup to do the medical (like we ever do those to players) and sign the dotted line.

But deals are done at COMS, not Carrington.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Why would his Dad and his agent need medicals?

His Dad was a good player actually.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

But deals are done at COMS, not Carrington.

Could be that they are showing the places (good training facilities means surpricingly much to players), could be that they want to keep it hush hush (that's working well so far obviously!).

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Now all we need to do is to hope he doesn't play well in tournament so that we will not have too much competition.

Well, good start for City then as he was abysmal in the first game (bar his set-pieces).
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:43 pm

ja0005 wrote:Just had a text off my mate at Carrington - Gourcuff's dad and his agent are there now.

If true he will be a good signing for us.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Here's some info on him as a Player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoann_Gourcuff

Would his Agent / Dad really be discussing a potential move whilst he's on international duty with France? I would've thought he doesn't need the distraction. And he wouldn't be training until everyone was ready to do it again.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:53 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Now all we need to do is to hope he doesn't play well in tournament so that we will not have too much competition.

Well, good start for City then as he was abysmal in the first game (bar his set-pieces).

Abysmal? You are perhaps slightly exaggarating. As with Lahm yesterday.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:53 pm

btajim wrote:Here's some info on him as a Player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoann_Gourcuff

Would his Agent / Dad really be discussing a potential move whilst he's on international duty with France? I would've thought he doesn't need the distraction. And he wouldn't be training until everyone was ready to do it again.

Maybe we have already talked to him before the world cup, and he's sent his dad over to check out everything's ok. If his dad comes back with a good report then he will sign after the word cup???
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:55 pm

If we are interested in his Father then Mancini definately is looking at going for more experience next season. Perhaps Gourcuff's dad will come in handy in the Europa League?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:00 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:

Did he do anything noteworthy in open play? He's supposed to be some sort of creative playmaker, right? He sure as hell didn't look like one.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:03 pm

rather ozil but wouldnt say no, i do find it hard to believe that this rumour(about his dad at carrington not us signing him) is true....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:05 pm

Dubciteh wrote:rather ozil but wouldnt say no, i do find it hard to believe that this rumour(about his dad at carrington not us signing him) is true....

This. I don't think Gourcuff was that bad to be honest. The entire French team was bad... their best player was probably Diaby on the day.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:10 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:

Did he do anything noteworthy in open play? He's supposed to be some sort of creative playmaker, right? He sure as hell didn't look like one.

He passed the ball around reasonably well. Granted, not a shining performance but not abysmal either. And in fact, better than just about any other French attacking player.

I was bit baffled though how deep Domenech made him play. He can play central midfied well from what I've seen of him but on friday he was mostly on their own half of the pitch, picking the ball and passing it around rather than bit further up the field where he can look for openings in defence.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:47 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I was bit baffled though how deep Domenech made him play. He can play central midfied well from what I've seen of him but on friday he was mostly on their own half of the pitch, picking the ball and passing it around rather than bit further up the field where he can look for openings in defence.

Judging a potential signing for City on what they do under Domenech is pointless, I think. It really does take a reamarkable level of incompetence to make the pool of talent the French have got look as inept as he has managed to do. Not that I am against it, mind, as it does give me some ammunition to throw at my Francophone chums, but it is an amazing feat of almost Frank Clark proportions.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum