Monday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:35 am

Manchester City Ready to Offer Ireland In £40m Liverpool Swoop
Mancini Attempts to Sweeten Cheeky Deal to Sign Gerrard
Eastlands outfit try whole new way to tempt Anfield sale.
Manchester City are reportedly ready to offer midfielder Stephen Ireland in any potential deal to land Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard. Roberto Mancini has been linked with repeated hopeful attempts to land the Anfield hero and is now willing to offer players as part of any big money deal to sign the England captain.
Although any hope of signing the 29 year old midfielder seem doomed the Eastlands side are not ready to give up just yet and believe that offering talented Irish international Ireland into the bargain may tempt the Merseyside outfit to consider a sale.
Liverpool were thought to be interested in Ireland during Rafa Benitez’s reign but without a manager in place it seems even less likely that any deal would be accepted. Owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are under immense pressure from the club’s fans after lumbering the club with massive debts and even though a sale would help repay some of the debt the ramifications of selling the talismanic player would surely be too much for the American pair to consider.

Barcelona's Dani Alves eyes up riches of a move to Manchester City
Eastlands looks tempting: City eyeing Dani Alves
Manchester City have lodged their interest in Barcelona right-back Dani Alves.
The brilliant Brazilian has yet to sort out a new contract with the Spanish champions and has had his head turned by the possibility of greater riches at Eastlands.
City are in the market for the best players in the world and Alves fits the bill either at right-back or right midfield.
They are willing to pay the money required for those targets and Barcelona know they will press strongly for a deal if 27-year-old Alves shows any interest in the move.
Barca do not want to sell but they paid a massive £36m in the deal to bring Alves from Sevilla just two years ago and would expect a significant profit if pushed into a corner.

Meanwhile, City are among a clutch of clubs monitoring Uruguay midfielder Nicolas Lodeiro who was the first man sent off in this year's World Cup.
The 21-year-old came on as a substitute against France but was sent off after an ugly lunge on Bacary Sagna.
However, he has earned rave reviews with Ajax this season and is earmarked as a star of the future.
Ajax only signed him from Nacional in January ahead of competition from cash-strapped Liverpool.

Weiss confident Slovakia can spring a surprise
At the age of 20, Manchester City wonderkid Vladimir Weiss is the baby of the Slovakia squad in South Africa, but he has already done a lot of growing up during his country's journey to their first World Cup finals.
Weiss is one of the stars of a talented young team that kick off their campaign against New Zealand in Rustenburg on 15 June. At the very least they have realistic hopes of progressing out of a group that also contains defending champions Italy and Paraguay but nobody seems quite sure exactly how good the Slovaks are.
The same can be said about Weiss. I'd heard a lot about him before I spoke to him a few days ago - but I have to admit I've seen an awful lot less.
I know he is a skilful right-winger with eight caps for his country but he has not had much chance to prove it at club level, with only four starts in all competitions to show from his time at City and a four-month loan spell at Bolton at the end of last season.
A series of sparkling international performances since winning his first cap against Iceland last August mean he is much better known in his homeland, but that was not always the case. The only reason he was a household name in Slovakia when he received that first call-up is because he shares his monicker with his dad, who is the national coach.
Weiss snr's decision to select his son was initially criticised
Weiss, who made an instant splash a couple of weeks after his debut with two assists in a vital qualifying win over Northern Ireland in Belfast, told me: "A lot of people back home were asking why I was being picked for my country if I wasn't playing for my club. But as soon as they saw me play, they were shocked and surprised at what I can do. Now they are saying 'why wasn't he picked earlier?'
"It wasn't easy for me, or for my dad to select me, because some people were always going to look at me as the manager's son. But I knew that situation doesn't just happen in football and I just tried to stick with it and show them what I can do. It's not a problem now."
Perseverance is something Weiss has had to show a lot of in his short career to date. He was a homesick teenager when he left hometown team Inter Bratislava to move to England (on his own) to join City's academy at 15. It must be difficult enough going to live in a different country at that age, but even more so when you consider he didn't speak a word of English.
"The first time I came over to England, it was very hard for me," Weiss explained. "To be honest, I didn't really want to stay. I was always crying because I was a bit of a mummy's boy and I wanted to go home.
"I was living in digs with a family but I was very lonely. It became easier when I started to speak a bit of English, then I got in the youth team and started talking with the other players more and more.
"But what made a massive difference was one of my mates, Filip Mentel, came over from Slovakia too. He was a youth team goalkeeper at City for three years before joining (Polish side) Legia Warsaw last year and it helped me a lot to have someone who was going through the same things as me, and who I could talk to about them."
Weiss, who was a teenage ice hockey star, looks a lot younger than his years but, from talking to him, he seems to have a wise head on his shoulders (if you pardon the pun) and it is clear he no longer has issues with language. He is friendly and chatty - speaking fluent English with a Mancunian twang to his Slovakian accent - and he told me he feels at home in north-west England too.
Things have not been quite so straightforward on the pitch, however. Weiss was a key member of City's 2008 FA Youth Cup-winning team and, with a reputation of being fast, skilful and having the ability to beat his man, he was touted as being the next young star to follow previous academy graduates such as Micah Richards and Stephen Ireland into the first team.
But he has had his path to the first team blocked by a seemingly never-ending influx of expensive signings following the club's takeover by oil-rich Arabs later in 2008, and is yet to start a Premier League game for City.
Weiss has made only three Premier League starts, all while on loan at Bolton
He fared little better during his short stint at the Reebok Stadium but his lack of club action does not seem to have dented his self-belief, or his enthusiasm - and he made it clear he is willing to wait for his chance at club level.
"I've not played as many games as I've wanted but that is football sometimes. I came to England for the experience, and I am getting it," Weiss said.
"I've not let it affect me - I can't. My game is definitely about confidence and I think that is the most important quality for any player at the top level to have. Anyway, I am only young and I know I have to be patient when it comes to playing time so, when I do play, I try not to worry about things like that.
"When I'm playing, I do like to run at people with the ball at my feet. Sometimes it's hard because if it doesn't work out the first couple of times in a game, it is very hard to go and try it again - but I know I have to."
Weiss will get a chance to showcase his skills to the planet during the next few weeks but he has plenty of other reasons to look forward to his World Cup getting under way. Slovakia's opening match will be a special moment for a young nation - the country has only existed since the division of Czechoslovakia in 1993 - and extra special for the Weiss family too.
Weiss's dad, who at 45 is the youngest coach in South Africa, was a midfielder who played 19 times for Czechoslovakia, including their game against hosts Italy at the 1990 World Cup, while his grandfather, now 70, won three caps as a centre-back in the mid-60s and picked up a silver medal at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.
"When we qualified by beating Poland, the feeling was incredible and I know it is something that might never happen again," Weiss explained. "For somebody my age to be here is amazing, and everybody in Slovakia is excited because it is our first time. I know my dad and grandad are very proud."
Weiss's relationship with his father intrigued me and what was notable during the interview was way he repeatedly referred to him as his 'manager' rather than 'dad'. They are definitely close - they speak to each other every day even when Weiss is in England - but, just as importantly, Weiss the manager encourages the kind of football that suits Weiss the player.
Before taking charge of Slovakia, Weiss Snr made his name as coach of Artmedia - another Bratislava club. He was in charge when they smashed five goals past Gordon Strachan's Celtic in a Champions League qualifier in 2005 and has a reputation for setting his side out to play free-flowing attacking football.
Will that approach pay off in South Africa? We will find out soon enough. While Slovakia might lack household names, they definitely have some players who can do some damage. Liverpool centre-back Martin Skrtel, who has recovered from a broken foot, is probably their best-known player in the UK but Weiss feels that might change during the course of this tournament if Napoli playmaker Marek Hamsik can produce his best form.
"Marek is a good friend and a great player and there has been a lot of speculation for a while now about him going to one of the really big clubs," Weiss said. "If he plays at his best, he could be one of the stars of tournament."
It's not impossible that Weiss could take that role himself. After all, every World Cup I've watched (since Mexico '86) has seen at least one player emerge, seemingly from nowhere, to make a name for himself on the biggest stage of all.
Why not Weiss? He admits he has considered that outcome, and would certainly welcome it but I got the feeling he would be just as happy if the surprise package turns out to be the Slovakian squad as a unit, rather than any of its individuals.
"There is always one team that causes a few shocks at a World Cup and I think it will be the same this year," he explained. "Can it be us? Well, we are an attacking team but we have to play with our brains too. If we can win our first game, and get something from the next two then we have a chance. Getting out of our group will be the first achievement, if we manage that then we will see what can happen next."

ANT'S WORLD CUP WAG OFF BOLLOX
http://www.wsn.com/blog/2010/06/07/wag- ... ina-shayk/

Italy - Cristina di Pin (Riccardo Montolivo)
http://images5.fotoalbum.virgilio.it/v/ ... 004-vi.jpg

Paraguay - Giselle Taravelli (RSC)
http://totalfootballmadness.com/wp-cont ... relli4.jpg

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Manchester United have been linked with a move for Real Madrid striker Raul, who may be allowed to leave the Spanish club on a free transfer this summer. Daily Mail

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is ready to take on Tottenham in a £12m battle for Everton's South Africa winger Steven Pienaar, who has only a year left on his contract and is stalling over an extension. Daily Mirror

Real Madrid meanwhile, are said to be unwilling to pay Liverpool's estimated asking price of £30m. IMScouting.com

Hamburg are set to battle Manchester United to the signing of former Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack. IMScouting.com

Everton have been alerted after Benfica admitted that their £20m-rated Paraguayan international striker Oscar Cardozo can leave the club after a row over his fitness. Daily Mail

West Brom have put a £5m price tag on midfielder Borja Valero after rejecting a £2.5m bid from Sevilla. Daily Mirror

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly ready to swoop for highly rated Serbian international Neven Subotic this summer. The Borussia Dortmund player, who came on as a substitute in Sunday's World Cup defeat by Ghana, has also been linked with Bayern Munich and Arsenal.caughtoffside.com

Aston Villa full-back Nicky Shorey is a £2.5m target for Nottingham Forest after making nine loan appearances for the Championship club last season before ending the campaign on loan at Fulham. Daily Mail

Newly promoted Premier League side Blackpool's bid to sign Leicester City striker DJ Campbell has stalled in a dispute over the transfer fee, with the Foxes seeking up to £1.5m for the player. Daily Mail

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering making a double Ajax swoop this summer for young defensive pair Gregory Van der Wiel and Jan Vertonghen. caughtoffside.com

Birmingham are closing in on a £4.5m deal to sign Palermo's Italian striker Fabrizio Miccoli. Daily Mirror

Sunderland are set to renew their interest in Marseille's 25-year-old Nigerian left-back Taye Taiwo. Daily Mail

Bolton are considering an offer for 29-year-old Brazilian striker Ilan, who is a free agent after leaving West Ham at the end of the season. Daily Mail

Middlesbrough have re-entered the race to sign Rangers striker Kris Boyd. (Daily Record)

Sunderland's 27-year-old striker Daryl Murphy is set to become new Celtic manager Neil Lennon's first signing. (Daily Record)

OTHER BOLLOX
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has insisted midfielder Cesc Fabregas will not be sold - and claimed he will not even discuss his future. Daily Mirror

England striker Emile Heskey believes the Jabulani World Cup match ball contributed to his bad miss against the United States in Saturday's 1-1 draw. Daily Mail

Fellow England team-mate Ledley King's groin injury could lead to the defender being ruled out of the World Cup. King was replaced during half-time of England's 1-1 draw with the US on Saturday. Daily Star

England goalkeeper David James, meanwhile, is said to be fuming after being overlooked for selection against the US on Saturday. Daily Mail

Former MK Dons manager Paul Ince is in contention to replace Paul Mariner as boss of Plymouth, although the former Ipswich striker may stay on in some capacity. Daily Mirror

Angry residents have hit out at a Cambridge housing association after they were banned from flying England flags during the World Cup on the grounds they could be "offensive". Daily Mirror

Alan Green asked the listeners to vote on whether or not to get the engineers to remove the sound of the vuvuzelas from the live feed and has received a 100% response that they want to remove his commentary and keep the horns.
Last edited by Chinners on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's B*ll*x

Postby ant london » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:37 am

a FAR superior WAG!!!

Welcome back Chinnery

Mods please delete mine would you
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 am

Sorry Ant, still half aaleep, I presumed it was jim on the other thread.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:47 am

Chinners wrote:Sorry Ant, still half aaleep, I presumed it was jim on the other thread.

I think Ant just fancied being important enough to start the Goss thread. That's now several Posters who've tried to steal the limelight yet got it wrong. You need to know when Chinners is in bed with a hangover or when he's just logged in to do it himself. Timing.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:49 am

Heh heh, its all good that other posters get exactly the same if not similar bollox contacts that I do ... BITK ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:51 am

btajim wrote:
Chinners wrote:Sorry Ant, still half aaleep, I presumed it was jim on the other thread.

I think Ant just fancied being important enough to start the Goss thread. That's now several Posters who've tried to steal the limelight yet got it wrong. You need to know when Chinners is in bed with a hangover or when he's just logged in to do it himself. Timing.

there was no sign of him

I presumed you were still enjoying some personal time with Sophie

So I just thought I'd help out.....ungrateful shysters
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:58 am

I'm certainly not ungrateful ..... fair play on the shyster bit thou
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:22 pm

ant london wrote:there was no sign of him

I presumed you were still enjoying some personal time with Sophie

So I just thought I'd help out.....ungrateful shysters

Timing. Give Chinners until about 8.45am and check to see if he's logged in. If he hasn't then go for your life. Or get one.

Leave Sophie out of this. She's very much her own [strike]person[/strike] Cat between the hours of 7.30am and 6pm on a Monday to Friday basis.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Italian press: Diego the pawn in Dzeko chase
According to reports in Italy, Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea are likely to miss out on the signing of the highly rated Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko. The towering Bosnian has been on the radar of Roberto Mancini, Sir Alex Ferguson, and Carlo Ancelotti, in addition to Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal for sometime but Tuttosport suggest Juventus have stolen a march on the Premier League’s elite clubs by offering attacking midfielder Diego in part exchange.
The newspaper alleges Steve McClaren has enquired about the mercurial Brazilian even though the midfielder endured a torrid season in Turin, and in turn Juventus have told the Bundesliga side that they want to bring Dzeko to Serie A. The striker impressed against Manchester United in the group stages of the Champions League, and although Wolfsburg could not match their exploits of last season, the 23-year-old was again prolific netting 27 goals in 46 games. Sir Alex Ferguson made tentative enquires about the forward last January, along with his Premier League counterpart Arsenal’s Arsene Wenger, but the recently deposed German champions placed a £35 million valuation on the star. Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur were monitoring the player throughout the season, and Roberto Mancini and Carlo Ancelotti would certainly have the financial muscle to enter the race should they wish to compete with Juventus.
Tuttosport claim Juventus are currently leading the chase ahead of Manchester City and Chelsea, because Wolfsburg boss Steve McClaren has earmarked Diego as a potential makeweight in the deal. Dzeko’s buy-out clause recently expired, meaning the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and their English rivals will have to match the Bundesliga side’s lofty price-tag for the precocious marksman.
Last month it was widely reported that Manchester City were on the cusp of completing a £36 million deal for the striker, but it appears the Italian media believe Juventus may hold a narrow advantage over Dzeko’s other suitors due to Wolfsburg’s interest in Diego. The Brazilian international, not selected for the World Cup, has failed to hit the heights previously illustrated at his former club Werder Bremen, and Tuttosport intimate Juve would be willing to part with the 25-year-old if it led to Dzeko’s capture. Intriguingly the player, capped 33 times by Brazil, has also been linked with a move to the Premier League amid purported interest from Manchester United and Chelsea.
The Italian daily suggest Juventus would be willing to offer Diego plus £10 million in exchange for Dzeko, although the Brazilian's reluctance to return to Germany, could scupper the deal. As it stands, only Manchester City from the Premier League appear capable of matching Wolfsburg's £36 million valuation, even though Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea all rate the striker highly.

Media whore Cruz on Paraguay
Paraguay & Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz: We will be positive against Italy in the 2010 World Cup
28-year-old hoping to beat world champions in opening game...
Manchester City and Paraguay striker Roque Santa Cruz insists that his national team will remain positive as they prepare to take on Italy in their first game of the 2010 World Cup.
The two sides have been drawn in Group F - along with New Zealand and Slovakia - and will play each other on Monday at the Cape Town Stadium.
The 28-year-old believes that the defending world champions will remain true to their tradition and build on a strong defensive foundation, but maintains that his side will approach the game in a positive manner despite being seen as the underdogs.
"We know that they defend very deep, and also that they feel very comfortable by defending and sitting at the back, and from there to see if they can attack," Santa Cruz said.
"That's something they do pretty good and they have fantastic people who pass the ball. So we are very positive, and we want to go in and see if we can win the first game. So that's the way we are going to approach [the game]."
[youtube]5m-85f97kic[/youtube]

Current Wag-off now playing ...
Holland v Denmark
http://www.skysports.com/football/world ... 20,00.html
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Chinners wrote:
England striker Emile Heskey believes the Jabulani World Cup match ball contributed to his bad miss against the U***d States in Saturday's 1-1 draw. Daily Mail

I still haven't stopped laughing. Comedy gold is Ivanhoe.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Mutu Bollox
Adrian Mutu has been ordered to pay his former club Chelsea a record 17m Euros (£14.3m) in compensation after losing his final appeal in a legal battle which has lasted more than five years, the Swiss Federal Court has announced.
Mutu was sacked by Chelsea in September 2004 after testing positive for cocaine. The Romania striker received a seven-month ban from football, but the London club took a firm stance and sacked him before then suing him to recover the money they paid to sign him.
Mutu rebuilt his career first at Juventus and then at Fiorentina once he was able to play again, but the incident has dogged him ever since as Fifa, the world governing body, ordered him to pay compensation to Chelsea, and his appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against the fine failed.
He was given a glimmer of hope when the Swiss Federal Court temporarily suspended the fine, but it has now decided the 31-year-old must pay the full amount plus interest. The court confirmed today that it has upheld the decision made by Fifa and the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
In a statement it said: "In a ruling on 10 June, 2010, the Swiss Federal Court rejected the appeal formed by Adrian Mutu against the decision by the Court of Arbitration for Sport. The CAS ordered the Romanian professional footballer to pay a sum superior to €17m to his former employer, Chelsea Football Club Limited."
"[The court] first rejected the arguments by which the footballer questioned the impartiality of two of the three arbitrators who rendered the decision. On those merits, the federal court recalled that, in the field of international arbitration, it does not retry the case, as a court of appeal would, but can check only certain aspects very limited to the basis of recorded facts in the imposed sentence.
"In this case, the federal court had only to consider whether the amount of damages/interest allocated to the London club violated the core values that all judicial systems should follow. They came to the conclusion that this was not the case, so that the Romanian footballer's appeal was unfounded."
Mutu is currently serving a nine-month ban after testing positive for sibutramine in January and will be allowed to return to football on 29 October 29.
Chelsea, who paid £15.8m for Mutu in August 2003, have declined to comment.

Car crash bollox
Ex-footballer Paul Gascoigne is in a "serious but not life-threatening" condition in hospital after a car crash in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The incident, involving a Vauxhall Astra, happened on Sunday at 2145 BST at Sandhill, on the city's Quayside.
The car, in which Gascoigne was a passenger, is thought to have left the road and hit a nearby signpost.
A 36-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.
A spokesperson for Newcastle General Hospital, where the former footballer and another man are being treated, described the condition of the pair as "serious but not life-threatening".
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Chinners wrote:
England striker Emile Heskey believes the Jabulani World Cup match ball contributed to his bad miss against the U***d States in Saturday's 1-1 draw. Daily Mail

I still haven't stopped laughing. Comedy gold is Ivanhoe.

Excellent banter from Emile
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Chinners » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:08 pm

WAR OF THE WAGS
Italy Image v Paraguay Image
http://www.skysports.com/football/world ... 61,00.html

MCFCforum speaks exclusively with England’s Paul ‘Gazza’ GascoigneSay what you will, Paul Gascoigne is a legend of the game, and in his heyday was positively brilliant at the game of football, and today we are very proud to be able to speak to him. However, sadly, he was involved in a very serious car accident as a passenger, literally several hours after speaking with us. All of us here, at MCFCforum.com wish him all the best and a full and speedy recovery, and hope that he is back on his feet in no time at all.
Full Interview: http://www.mcfcforum.com/?p=624

2 + 2 = 5 BOLLOX
Manchester City and Chelsea target James Milner has cast fresh doubt over his Aston Villa future by putting plans to buy a new Midlands home on hold, according to The People.
Speculation has linked the England midfielder with a £30 million move away from the Europa League qualifiers following his impressive campaign for the Villans last term.
City are reported to have already seen a £20 million offer rejected, while Chelsea seemingly want the 24-year old to help replace the departing Michael Ballack and Joe Cole in their squad.
Milner had planned to build a £1.9 million house in Sutton Coldfield, but has reportedly put this plan on ice while he awaits news of a potential transfer.

rags that amuse me part 3682
In this article G@mb!t has a nice rant about Manchester City
"I have come across a very interesting trend these days, many football fans would have noticed this too, If anyone is linked with a Big English team, City always tend to be linked also, and the price increase in the player’s valuation goes up tenfold once City poke their ugly heads in. Be it David Silva, Fernando Torres, Angel Di Maria, Milos Krasic, Edin Dzeko, James Milner or even Joe Cole. Well one can always say, it’s the papers! It isn’t true!! Unfortunately it is very much true, City have quickly become the villains of the transfer market because they just have the stupid habit of messing up the transfer market for the other teams, they are like an over enthusiastic bunch of idiots with cash to throw around but they don’t get the point, MONEY ISNT EVERYTHING!!!"
For more joyous delight: http://www.stretfordendarising.com/2010 ... +-+Blog%29
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Question 4: Define bitter by citing an example.

Chinners wrote:rags that amuse me part 3682
In this article G@mb!t has a nice rant about Manchester City
"I have come across a very interesting trend these days, many football fans would have noticed this too, If anyone is linked with a Big English team, City always tend to be linked also, and the price increase in the player’s valuation goes up tenfold once City poke their ugly heads in. Be it David Silva, Fernando Torres, Angel Di Maria, Milos Krasic, Edin Dzeko, James Milner or even Joe Cole. Well one can always say, it’s the papers! It isn’t true!! Unfortunately it is very much true, City have quickly become the villains of the transfer market because they just have the stupid habit of messing up the transfer market for the other teams, they are like an over enthusiastic bunch of idiots with cash to throw around but they don’t get the point, MONEY ISNT EVERYTHING!!!"
For more joyous delight: http://www.stretfordendarising.com/2010 ... +-+Blog%29

Well done, A+
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum