** Krauts vs Aussies: Official Match Thread ** [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ** Krauts vs Aussies: Official Match Thread ** [merged]

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:46 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:Sorry to say this NQDP, but you don't seem to understand the concept of shifting. If one fullback goes forward, the other one stays back to form a back 3. You can't blame Lahm for getting cover by a centre back whose job is to cover the fullback.

but they weren't. There was acres of space to play the ball into all the time. Just like there is when he plays for Bayern. He is also consistently shite for Bayern by the way. Makes numerous of mistakes every game. He makes Bridge look super solid.

If Lahm would play for us people would quickly learn to hate him. I can assure that. It's easy to call him great when people rely on Youtube but seeing him regularily exposes his horrible weaknessess.

He'd make one of the better wingers in the world though. I don't understand these players who insist on playing in certain position when they clearly are made for another.

Honestly... I know you're getting a lot of stick for your opinions on this forum... but reading the rubbish you posted above I have to say you deserve it. :)

I have never read that much bullshit in my Life. Again, if Philip Lahm was as shite as you make him out to be, why would he be the first name on the team sheet for Bayern and Germany?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:07 am

Esky wrote:
dazby wrote:Completely outclassed.

Yep - they've been the best team in it so far by a long, long way.

The referee didn't help things - we should've had a penalty when Mertesacker handled in the box. How Cahill also got a straight red I'll never know. We were outplayed but the ref was shite and ruined any possibility of a contest.

Verbeek also deserves a lot of criticism for whatever that formation was meant to be.

The writing was on the wall long before the match started. An aging team led by an ordinary coach. What did you expect.
Add to that a strange formation with no strikers !! And decent players like Bresciano and Kennedy benched ? Garcia playing as a striker !!
There was a clear penalty which could have mitigated but not changed the final result. And Timmy's sending off was ridicolus of course.
What happened to the Olyroos. How come none of them graduated to the senior side. Maybe some of them are in the squad but I couldn't recognise the names. How is it that McDonald cannot make the final 23 ?
The NT has to be rebooted and new blood pumped in. Asian Nations Cup is not far away in Jan. so things should be done quickly, not least appoint a new coach with some real credentials. I heard that Ruud Gullit has thrown his hat in. Any word on that.
Last but not least, the Germans were incredible and on their form of yesterday, they can do this to any team.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:11 am

Bresciano is injured.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:34 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:Sorry to say this NQDP, but you don't seem to understand the concept of shifting. If one fullback goes forward, the other one stays back to form a back 3. You can't blame Lahm for getting cover by a centre back whose job is to cover the fullback.

but they weren't. There was acres of space to play the ball into all the time. Just like there is when he plays for Bayern. He is also consistently shite for Bayern by the way. Makes numerous of mistakes every game. He makes Bridge look super solid.

If Lahm would play for us people would quickly learn to hate him. I can assure that. It's easy to call him great when people rely on Youtube but seeing him regularily exposes his horrible weaknessess.

He'd make one of the better wingers in the world though. I don't understand these players who insist on playing in certain position when they clearly are made for another.

Honestly... I know you're getting a lot of stick for your opinions on this forum... but reading the rubbish you posted above I have to say you deserve it. :)

I have never read that much bullshit in my Life. Again, if Philip Lahm was as shite as you make him out to be, why would he be the first name on the team sheet for Bayern and Germany?

Honestly, I have yet to see you post single post about football that made any sense to me but all I can say is that try watching football. And on this occasion Bayern Munich. Skip Football Manager 2010, Panini stickers and youtube.

Few tips to get you started. You don't always have to follow to ball but what happens on the pitch. This way you will eventually learn to see openings and formations. Also, follow the movement of whole team rather than individual player.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:58 am

Honestly, I have yet to see you post single post about football that made any sense to me....

Stopped reading after that, I think it is time to just ignore you.
avoidconfusion

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:16 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
Honestly, I have yet to see you post single post about football that made any sense to me....

Stopped reading after that, I think it is time to just ignore you.

Perhaps you should concentrate on actually watching football. Your nation is playing by the way.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:19 pm

I'm not a fan of Lahm either. I think he's a poor defender.

Apart from Ozil's disgusting dive he was brillo. One to watch.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Perhaps you should concentrate on actually watching football. Your nation is playing by the way.

I am German, my nation played yesterday, and I am watching plenty of football (including Bayern Munich because my Dad's side of the family is from Munich) thank you very much.

Maybe you could stop being such a know-it-all now?

dazby wrote:I'm not a fan of Lahm either. I think he's a poor defender.

Again, if he is such a poor defender, how come he is one of the first names down on the team sheet for Bayern Munich and Germany? Noone answered that question yet...
avoidconfusion

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:55 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Perhaps you should concentrate on actually watching football. Your nation is playing by the way.

I am German, my nation played yesterday, and I am watching plenty of football (including Bayern Munich because my Dad's side of the family is from Munich) thank you very much.

So basically I'm arguing here with two Germans about Philip Lahm. You don't think you might not be most objective commentator?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:01 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

So basically I'm arguing here with two Germans about Philip Lahm. You don't think you might not be most objective commentator?

You still haven't answered my question. And I am pretty sure me and "the other German" (who is this?) are not the only ones who would rate Lahm as one of the best Full Backs in the World.
avoidconfusion

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:11 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:

You still haven't answered my question. And I am pretty sure me and "the other German" (who is this?) are not the only ones who would rate Lahm as one of the best Full Backs in the World.

What was that question of yours?

And loads of people say that Roberto Carlos was best fullback ever. That only proves that "loads of people" know fuck all.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:21 pm

And loads of people say that Roberto Carlos was best fullback ever. That only proves that "loads of people" know fuck all.

The question was:

If he is so shit (as you put it) how come he is one of the if not THE first name down on the starting 11 team sheet for both Bayern and Germany?

Because Bayern's manager and Germany's manager know fuck all about football, right?

In fact... just so I get this right:

You are the only person who knows anything about football, and everyone who disagrees with you should hence stop playing FM 2010 (a game I have never played in my life by the way), stop collecting Panini cards and stop watching youtube, because they obviously know fuck all if they don't share your opinion, do I understand that correctly?
avoidconfusion

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:31 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

The question was:

If he is so shit (as you put it) how come he is one of the if not THE first name down on the starting 11 team sheet for both Bayern and Germany?

Because Bayern's manager and Germany's manager know fuck all about football, right?

In fact... just so I get this right:

You are the only person who knows anything about football, and everyone who disagrees with you should hence stop playing FM 2010 (a game I have never played in my life by the way), stop collecting Panini cards and stop watching youtube, because they obviously know fuck all if they don't share your opinion, do I understand that correctly?

It's good bloody question why he is starter for Bayern. Probably because he is local boy and their Academy product. And Bayern, with their superior squad, can afford the luxury of player like him. Player who doesn't defend and acts as some sort of third winger. In fact, I'd go as far as saying they would've walked the title 08/09 season had it not been for Lahm. His constant fuck ups cost them loads of points.

He is Germany's Rightback because you have no one better. At least he isn't playing on the left anymore which must be huge relief for everyone in Germany.

And regarding your last question. You got it pretty much spot on.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:49 pm

It's good bloody question why he is starter for Bayern. Probably because he is local boy and their Academy product. And Bayern, with their superior squad, can afford the luxury of player like him. Player who doesn't defend and acts as some sort of third winger. In fact, I'd go as far as saying they would've walked the title 08/09 season had it not been for Lahm. His constant fuck ups cost them loads of points.

He is Germany's Rightback because you have no one better. At least he isn't playing on the left anymore which must be huge relief for everyone in Germany.

Ah okay... so Boateng is worse than Lahm, is he? :)

And Lahm is already shit according to you, which means we bought a REALLY shit player in Boateng then, I guess?

And don't tell me he is a Center Back, he plays Right Back for Germany.

The reason why Bayern did not walk the title in 08/09 was Klinsmann, and if Bayern were so adamant about playing their local boys ahead of better players just for the sake of playing their academy products, why did they loan out Kroos and Ottl and replaced them by better players?

You're not making any sense mate, sorry to say.
avoidconfusion

Postby fangsanalsatan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:54 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:So basically I'm arguing here with two Germans about Philip Lahm. You don't think you might not be most objective commentator?

I have an aversion against Bayern Munich AND the German national team since they kicked out my team (Croatia) in the Euros 96 AND I rate Lahm! Does that make me super-objective or what?
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:00 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:So basically I'm arguing here with two Germans about Philip Lahm. You don't think you might not be most objective commentator?

I have an aversion against Bayern Munich AND the German national team since they kicked out my team (Croatia) in the Euros 96 AND I rate Lahm! Does that make me super-objective or what?

He will just say that you know fuck all about football and that you should stop playing FM 2010, stop playing with your Panini cards and stop watching youtube. Oh and actually watch some football.

But noone watches more football than NQDP and knows more about it than he does, so don't even bother! Whatever player you think you know, NQDP will know him better and will have watched him week in and week out! :)
avoidconfusion

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:00 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

Ah okay... so Boateng is worse than Lahm, is he? :)

And Lahm is already shit according to you, which means we bought a REALLY shit player in Boateng then, I guess?

And don't tell me he is a Center Back, he plays Right Back for Germany.

The reason why Bayern did not walk the title in 08/09 was Klinsmann, and if Bayern were so adamant about playing their local boys ahead of better players just for the sake of playing their academy products, why did they loan out Kroos and Ottl and replaced them by better players?

You're not making any sense mate, sorry to say.

I have my doubts about Boateng, yes. He was quite poor in second half of the season.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum