Sunday's Football Gossip

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's Football Gossip

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:12 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8737343.stm

Anyone can do this when Chinners hasn't obliged, btw!

TRANSFER GOSSIP:
Brazilian forward Robinho has not ruled out a return to Manchester City after this summer's World Cup in South Africa and tipped boss Roberto Mancini to guide the side to a Champions League place next season.
Full story: Daily Star

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill wants James Milner to commit to one more season at Villa Park, in a repeat of the Gareth Barry saga from two years ago. Manchester City are currently refusing to meet the £30m price tag and O'Neill is adamant that he will not let the midfielder go for any less.
Full story: News of the World

Manchester United are considering using their Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov as bait to land Wolfsburg's 24-year-old forward Edin Dzeko.
Full story: Caughtoffside.com

Arsenal have released French defender William Gallas after failing to reach an agreement over a new contract.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is to splash out £30m this summer, with Everton defender Phil Jagielka among his transfer targets. Full story: Mail on Sunday

Former Arsenal defender Martin Keown believes Cesc Fabregas "will certainly leave" the Gunners for Barcelona and that manager Arsene Wenger will be powerless to stop the move happening.

New Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho is set to make a £30m bid to sign Manchester United's Serbian international defender Nemanja Vidic.

Manchester City are lining up a £15m raid for Roma's 28-year-old French defender Phillipe Mexes.

Uruguay striker Luis Suarez says he would only leave Ajax for the Premier League if Manchester United came calling. The 23-year-old scored 49 goals in 48 appearances for the Dutch side last season.

CSKA Moscow's in-demand Serbian playmaker Milos Krasic, 25, has said he would prefer a move to Serie A rather than the Premier League.
Full story: Daily Star

Talks are set to begin between Tottenham and Aston Villa over a swap deal involving Robbie Keane heading to Villa Park, with Gabriel Agbonlahor going to the Spurs.

Birmingham hope an improved bid of £5m will be enough to tempt Palermo to part with their 30-year-old striker Fabrizio Miccoli.

Sunderland are planning a £7m raid on West Ham for their 31-year-old England centre-back Matthew Upson.

Alessandro Diamanti could be on his way back to Italy in a loan move from West Ham to Parma. The 27-year-old scored eight goals in his first season at Upton Park following a £7m move from Livorno but has constantly been linked with a move back to his homeland.

Celtic will try to sign Fulham striker Bobby Zamora, if boss Roy Hodgson, who has been linked with the vacant managerial position at Liverpool, leaves Craven Cottage.
Full story: The People

New Inter Milan manager Rafael Benitez is rumoured to be interested in attempting to lure Liverpool midfielders Alberto Aquilani and Lucas Leiva to Italy from his former club.
Full story: caughtoffside.com

OTHER GOSSIP
Fulham boss Roy Hodgson wants his future sorted out before he heads to the World Cup in South Africa to work as a media pundit - Liverpool plan talks with him in the next 48 hours.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

However, Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed is confident that he can keep 62-year-old Hodgson at the club he guided to last season's Europa League final.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has turned down £3m-a-year tax free to manage Dubai side Al Ahli and will instead sign a two-year contract extension at White Hart Lane.

AND FINALLY
France captain Patrice Evra has blamed the vuvuzelas for his side's poor start to the World Cup in South Africa. The Manchester United full-back claims he is getting woken up at 6am by people playing the noisy trumpet-like instruments and that the players can't hear each other out on the pitch.
Full story: The People
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: Sunday's Football Gossip

Postby Vhero » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:15 am

Arsenal have released French defender William Gallas after failing to reach an agreement over a new contract.

Wouldn't mind him at city as backup!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:15 am

btajim wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8737343.stm

Anyone can do this when Chinners hasn't obliged, btw!

Not while you are doing a bang up job, I think Green and Chinners should be replaced.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:18 am

Vhero wrote:

I always believed that there was a problem between Toure and Gallas which led to Toure coming to City. I'd have Gallas over Toure but there's better Centre Halves available. He always struck me as being a volatile character.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby shawzy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm

Thanks Jim.

The last Paragraph where Evra's whinging about the horns...They are really annoying the fook out of me 2
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Kyle » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:35 pm

btajim wrote:
Vhero wrote:

I always believed that there was a problem between Toure and Gallas which led to Toure coming to City. I'd have Gallas over Toure but there's better Centre Halves available. He always struck me as being a volatile character.

My gooner buddy was the happiest I have ever seen him upon news of Gallas leaving. Doesn't rate him at all...
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Kyle wrote:
btajim wrote:I always believed that there was a problem between Toure and Gallas which led to Toure coming to City. I'd have Gallas over Toure but there's better Centre Halves available. He always struck me as being a volatile character.

My gooner buddy was the happiest I have ever seen him upon news of Gallas leaving. Doesn't rate him at all...

Well... Gallas was good enough for Chelsea and good enough for Arsenal. It only seems that he's leaving because Arsenal won't pay him what he thinks he's worth.

Toure was the big disappointment for me last season. We leaked too many Goals whilst he was Captain in defence and one could argue that it ultimately cost Hughes his job.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wooders » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:44 pm

toure left arsenal because of gallas - that said, I'd rather have gallas
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Wooders wrote:toure left arsenal because of gallas - that said, I'd rather have gallas

anyone would i think. Gallas instead of Toure last season, and as Jim said, i think we'd have Mark Hughes coaching us -- and i'd bet we'd be in the CL next season. What fragile stuff this chemistry is...

Gallas IN.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum