Poll: Who Should Play In Goal In England's Next Match?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who Should Start In The Next Game?

Green
20%
James
11%
Hart
69%

Total votes : 70

Poll: Who Should Play In Goal In England's Next Match?

Postby King Kev » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:15 am

Capello has said that he chooses his team based on how players have been performing for their club. Therefore Hart should be first choice goalkeeper.

James is past his best and Green just isn't good enough.

I don't buy into the theory that Hart isn't old enough, he is very experienced considering his age and has proved how good he is at the top level.
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Poll: Who Should Play In Goal In England's Next Match?

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:17 am

You could have done a poll that states:

Don't vote for this one
Don't vote for this one
Vote for this one

And you'd get a smaller % voting for the third choice than in this poll.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Haz » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:20 am

If one single person says anything other than Hart I'll be utterly gobsmacked, so the outcome of this poll is pretty obvious.
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:22 am

I voted green capello has made his decision green is obviously his number 1. If he takes him out now because of the mistake then it could ruin his confidence and we just might end up needing him In the later rounds.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:22 am

Slim wrote:You could have done a poll that states:

Don't vote for this one
Don't vote for this one
Vote for this one

And you'd get a smaller % voting for the third choice than in this poll.
You'd think so wouldn't you, but somebody has already voted for Green!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:29 am

Feed The Goat wrote:I voted green capello has made his decision green is obviously his number 1. If he takes him out now because of the mistake then it could ruin his confidence and we just might end up needing him In the later rounds.

I respect that opinion and the fact you have the balls to post you were the one person to vote for him, BUT can we just assume that I have ranted at you here fucktard, moron, clueless etc, you know the usual suspects and skip it?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:30 am

Feed The Goat wrote:I voted green capello has made his decision green is obviously his number 1. If he takes him out now because of the mistake then it could ruin his confidence and we just might end up needing him In the later rounds.
I'm not sure that picking him for one game makes him his obvious number 1 choice.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Haz » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:50 am

King Kev wrote:
I'm not sure that picking him for one game makes him his obvious number 1 choice.

Agreed. I think if Calamity had been 100%, he'd have played. I really do think Hart deserves a chance though, after all he is in the best form of all 3 keepers, was PL keeper of the season and named in the PL team of the season, and has shown he can cut it in his caps so far.
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Kladze » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 am

I would have picked Hart before last night's game - let me make that much clear Slim ;-)
However ...... the manager made his choice, and to change that now could totally destroy Green.

If an outfield player makes an error there's - most times - someone else available to bail him out. When it's a keeper it generally ends up in the net.
Let's not have a hate campaign because of one error - it may be that Green shows he has a great deal of courage and has a good tournament.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby King Kev » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:59 am

Kladze wrote:However ...... the manager made his choice, and to change that now could totally destroy Green.
I'm not bothered what happens to Green, I am more interested in how the team does. Hopefully Capello shares this outlook.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Kladze » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:01 am

King Kev wrote:
Kladze wrote:However ...... the manager made his choice, and to change that now could totally destroy Green.
I'm not bothered what happens to Green, I am more interested in how the team does. Hopefully Capello shares this outlook.

Hey! Less of the selective quoting ;-o
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:09 am

I know we are supposed to be voting Hart here and I think he'd be good option. However, I voted for James. I have a feeling that this may not be 'England's year' despite what media will tell you. This is not one of the stronger England teams I've seen. So I think that James, who has been through more shit than most, will be best able to cope with the pressure. I do think that Hart is better keeper on paper but do not underestimate the pressure side of things.

What was the point of throwing highly errorprone, even in good day average keeper with only ten caps at age of 30 like Green there though. Bizarre decision.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:12 am

Kladze wrote:I would have picked Hart before last night's game - let me make that much clear Slim ;-)
However ...... the manager made his choice, and to change that now could totally destroy Green.

If an outfield player makes an error there's - most times - someone else available to bail him out. When it's a keeper it generally ends up in the net.
Let's not have a hate campaign because of one error - it may be that Green shows he has a great deal of courage and has a good tournament.

I was just talking with my mate about this and I got into rant mode and he just called to see how I was doing. The fact is Capello has a best of bad options choice to make now, he can change to Hart and risk having fallout in the dressingroom and adding pressure on the players by having that nagging thought that one mistake could see you packing your bags.....

....or he could stick with Green.

I would grow a pair and make the first choice.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:17 am

I reckon James was his No1 choice. Green was always a bad idea though.
I really couldn't give a shit whether Green gets destroyed by being dropped next game. Entirely dispassionately, I'd have thought the West Ham custodian will be anxious for the rest of the tournament now and needs binning a s a p. Besides that, he's not all that.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby edge275 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:22 am

King Kev wrote:Capello has said that he chooses his team based on how players have been performing for their club. Therefore Hart should be first choice goalkeeper.

James is past his best and Green just isn't good enough.

I don't buy into the theory that Hart isn't old enough, he is very experienced considering his age and has proved how good he is at the top level.

Capello has gone against everything he said he was going to do. He says he was going to pick on form and not reputation.

Can he please answer why:

Carrick is picked ahead of Parker
SWP is picked ahead of A. Johnson
Green is selected ahead of Hart
Heskey is picked ahead of Darren Bent (he wouldn't have missed that 1 on 1 chance Heskey had)
Carragher is picked ahead of Dawson
Heskey is in the starting line up ahead of Crouch

A load of bollocks from Capello.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:27 am

My worry about Hart & James is that, so far, the ball seems to be flying a bit from corners etc & both like to come hairing out to try & catch the ball. I could see one or both making a right twat out of themselves if they're not careful.

From a selfish/City point of view, I'd rather Joe Hart doesn't have to go through that so early in his career.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:My worry about Hart & James is that, so far, the ball seems to be flying a bit from corners etc & both like to come hairing out to try & catch the ball. I could see one or both making a right twat out of themselves if they're not careful.

From a selfish/City point of view, I'd rather Joe Hart doesn't have to go through that so early in his career.

the latter being the exact reason why I said I'd prefer to see James there right now.

Also, Hart has never come through as mentally particularily strong. Fuck up at this level could set his development back several years. I'd prefer to see him grow on to the role.

Then again, if he has starring role, it would be huge boost for him. I just can't see that happening. Absolutely no offence to our England fans and I myself would quite like to see England go far in this tournament but I just can't see this England team going all the way in this tournament. Too many weak positions and too many overhyped but in reality quite average and one dimensional players out there. Too much of England's hopes are binned on Gerrard, shrek and Terry to deliver.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04 am

Instinct says you need a Number 1 and you stick with him because that just seems to be the way in Football. I can't see Hart and Given swapping over in the League next season. Mancini will pick his Number 1. Green has made a mistake and people are almost claiming his England Career is over. I'd give Green the opportunity to prove his worth against Algeria and Slovenia.

Hart has too little experience playing for England and should ideally begin playing for his Country when the qualifying games begin for Euro 2012.

Weren't Keepers complaining about the ball used in South Africa?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Patrick » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:11 am

He looks like a muppet

Any decent coach would know that if you play muppets its going to cost you the game
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Vhero » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:16 am

Capello has a way of being harsh to people who make fuck ups like that and I think he will punish Green with a few games on the bench so with Afro not being 100% I reckon our Joe has to be favourite.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum