Wheres his head at?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wheres his head at?

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:America can't pay him Jim. I think he's back to Spain or Italy if he's lucky. If he's unlucky, which i think he fears and what's driven this commentary, then he'll be back in England and fighting for his footballing life.

Obviously Soccer in The US of A is your game and not mine - but if LA Galaxy could afford Buckham then could one of the other sides not afford Robinho? If there's alot of interest from South American Ex-Pats then he could be well marketed to them.

We are all talking about an article that was in a Tabloid Newspaper, though. We could be wasting our time debating the merits of a man who will never wear a Manchester City shirt again.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Tony P » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 pm

He's like a fit exgirlfriend. You finally think you're over her and she starts texting again.

I say bring him back and tell him he has to impress in pre-season otherwise he's off to Turkey.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:11 pm

it is all well and good Robinho yapping about he hasn¡t decided.. but in reality it is up to City.. this is perhaps something he is beginning to realise.
As for City there are a few questions that need answering.
1. Is Robinho capable of playing in the Prem even if he wanted to.. ie being any good for a team?
2. Is he capable of keeping his head straight.. ie will he just change his mind again if it gets tough?
3. Are we bothered to find out?
4. All the above are dependent first of all on whether Robson really wants to be part of City's project.

My take is that unless he shows unequivocally that he wants to prove he can be part of the project, we wont even think about those questions.. however even if he grovels back making all the right noises i think the answers to more than one of the questions is NO

beyond that there is also..
5. Do we actually need him in the team?
6. If he didn't prove his worth would he then de-stabilise the team?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby kennyboy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Tony P wrote:He's like a fit exgirlfriend. You finally think you're over her and she starts texting again.

I say bring him back and tell him he has to impress in pre-season otherwise he's off to Turkey.

I dont mind him or my fit exgirlfriend to come back.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Vhero » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:54 pm

brite blu sky wrote:it is all well and good Robinho yapping about he hasn¡t decided.. but in reality it is up to City.. this is perhaps something he is beginning to realise.
As for City there are a few questions that need answering.
1. Is Robinho capable of playing in the Prem even if he wanted to.. ie being any good for a team?
?

Well simple answer is yes he had a great first season with us and only started to go downhill after we got rid of all our other Brazilians like Elano.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Assuming he comes back & we all cheer him & he's playing well & everythings rosy then fine BUT... what happens when he hits a bad spell & Mancini leaves him out?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:53 pm

You know how we get the argument that as long as he is wearing the shirt, you have to get behind him. (Vieira, Milner, etc) I wonder if the same will apply to Robinho if he comes back.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Slim wrote:You know how we get the argument that as long as he is wearing the shirt, you have to get behind him. (Vieira, Milner, etc) I wonder if the same will apply to Robinho if he comes back.

We'll have to get behind him, whether it's through gritted teeth or not, we'll just have to do it. Tbh I'd feel more uncomfortable cheering Torres if we signed him. Can't stand the cheating, fish headed twat but I'd still back him if he put the blue shirt on. You have to do these things & I'm sure Robinho will get support right up to the moment he shits all over us.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Vhero » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Slim wrote:You know how we get the argument that as long as he is wearing the shirt, you have to get behind him. (Vieira, Milner, etc) I wonder if the same will apply to Robinho if he comes back.

I think a few on here won't a shame really as he has the potential to be huge for us (we have seen spells of his greatness before you cannot deny it).
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby King Kev » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:37 pm

If he comes back then obviously I will want him to do well as that would mean that the team are doing well.

However, I don't think we should do the hero worship thing whenever he comes over to take a throw-in or corner and I reserve the right to go on the pitch and smack him in the teeth the first time he kisses the badge.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:58 pm

i'm basking in the unheard-of luxury of stating:

a) i don't want him back, and
b) we don't need him imo.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:20 pm

King Kev wrote:If he comes back then obviously I will want him to do well as that would mean that the team are doing well.

However, I don't think we should do the hero worship thing whenever he comes over to take a throw-in or corner and I reserve the right to go on the pitch and smack him in the teeth the first time he kisses the badge.

How many years have I been saying that?

Elano plays well for a couple of games and gets called God FFS, I swear some times City fans are the dysfunctional bipolar cousins of the footballing world.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:13 am

The more I hear from him the more I'm convinced he has 'special needs', and maybe I shouldn't be so hard on him?

Maybe if the idiot (sorry) comes back he can be useful as a sub in those games when we're 3 up at half time, so we can rack up the goal difference second half?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wooders » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:12 am

could this have anything to do with the fact his pal Alves is considering a move here - does seem to co-incide.. "ohh maybe I'll come back if my mates there" - the blokes a child !
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Wooders wrote:could this have anything to do with the fact his pal Alves is considering a move here - does seem to co-incide.. "ohh maybe I'll come back if my mates there" - the blokes a child !

Brazilian Footballers are arguably a bit of a clique amongst themselves. I can remember all the dancing celebrations with Jo / Elano / Robinho or Robinho running to the bench to celebrate with Substitute Elano after he scored.

It should really be the job of the Manager to ensure a Team spirit throughout. I do trust Mancini to call this one right and I think he'll tell Robinho where to go.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby john68 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:40 pm

He's full of bollox.
He didn't want us and had an option to go back to brazil with sponsors paying his wages.
The sponsors didn't pay up but he wasn't skint and had Brasil and the World Cup to look forward to.
He was scathing about our club. "City are a small club who have a fortunate financial circumstance." He made it clear that he would never return.

World Cup over, no options left. Santos can't afford him, no offers on the table, he is our player. He looks at the distinct possibility that he has to return.
Suddenly City are his flavour of the month again.

If he returns, I will support him but will be under no illusion that he doesnt really want to be here.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:21 pm

john68 wrote:He's full of bollox.
He didn't want us and had an option to go back to brazil with sponsors paying his wages.
The sponsors didn't pay up but he wasn't skint and had Brasil and the World Cup to look forward to.
He was scathing about our club. "City are a small club who have a fortunate financial circumstance." He made it clear that he would never return.

World Cup over, no options left. Santos can't afford him, no offers on the table, he is our player. He looks at the distinct possibility that he has to return.

If he returns, I will support him but will be under no illusion that he doesnt really want to be here.

SPOT ON!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Fish111 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:27 pm

I think he's full of shit and he's realised that he cannot go anywhere, he's a contracted City player and that's that. He's trying to smooth over his return to England with the rest of the City squad imo. Personally, i'm not that arsed if he doesn't return but i know he will have to and i think KK is right when he said he may have a destructive influence on the rest of the team next season.
The first bid near the 25M mark that comes in for him should be accepted without hesitation.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Twobob » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:39 pm

john68 wrote:He's full of bollox.

And he's either:

a) realised that no one will pay him half of what he's currently on with us as he's been whoring himself out and making him look desperate to leave - plus teams wont want to take a chance with a long contract as he's such a spoilt little shit - remember he couldnt handle life in Spain at RM...
b) been told to shut his trap by a quick phone call from City's lawyers about possible breach of contract by slagging the club off to anyone that will listen ??
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Fish111 wrote:I think he's full of shit and he's realised that he cannot go anywhere, he's a contracted City player and that's that. He's trying to smooth over his return to England with the rest of the City squad imo. Personally, i'm not that arsed if he doesn't return but i know he will have to and i think KK is right when he said he may have a destructive influence on the rest of the team next season.
The first bid near the 25M mark that comes in for him should be accepted without hesitation.

Think we'll be waiting a long long time for a £25M offer, no one's that stupid, even if he has a great season people won't trust him. It'll have to be a part ex or a huge loss if we get rid. By his latest comments about people's opinions on his situation, telling him he made the right move, I recon some of the other Brazilian players have been in his ear asking why the fuck he's playing at Santos rather than the top of the PL. I recon most of them are looking at City as a possible future option. I recon City are well & truly on the world map now & he's just starting to realise it, probably too late.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum