Wheres his head at?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wheres his head at?

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:22 am

More comments from the media freindly one.This episode more odd than usual considering he wanted to go to Barcelona then Santos then Barcelona then Besiktas and now talks almost favourably about City.
Taken fromthe star and so with a slight pinch of salt.

ROBINHO has made a dramatic U-turn and could decide to ­return to Manchester City after the World Cup.

The Brazilian star, due back from loan club Santos in August, went public back home with reservations about making a return to England.

But now Robinho has had a major ­re-think and is full of praise for the job City did last season in finishing fifth and claiming a Europa League spot – and ­tipping Roberto Mancini to claim a ­Champions League spot next season.

Robinho said: “I honestly don’t know what will happen at City. We will just see what happens over the summer but I haven’t ruled out a return.

“First things first. The only thing on my mind now is helping the Brazilian team to win the World Cup.

“But I thought Manchester City were a good choice for me. I understood the reactions when I joined them. People thought I was going for the money but if it was then I would have gone to Dubai or an Arabic country.

“But I wanted to play in the Premier League and I was happy to join a club with big ambitions.

“They have the money and ambition to make it into the top four in England. And ­believe me, next season City will.

Maybe I’ll be there to help them.

“When I moved to City a lot of ­Brazilians did not really know much about the club and they thought it was a step down.

“But I’m now thinking that people think it was the right decision for me.”
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Wheres his head at?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:27 am

He is welcome to train with reserves.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CitizenYank » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:46 am

My honest opinion.... he doesn't deserve the right to wear our colors.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:25 am

Hes got some neck on him
Green & Blue

Postby kinkylola » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:56 am

denilson or whatever his name was probaby gave him the old "mate, you don't want to end up like me call" ... He went from world record buy to playing in the MLS at only 28 if i'm not mistaken
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby irblinx » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:01 am

Or maybe he was sat in Brazil feeling unloved thinking he needed to find another club before and now something has happened to make him think that Mancini may have him in his thoughts.

I still think he'll go though, we've moved on and have more consistent options available
irblinx

Postby colonel_muck » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:46 am

the title of this thread really does hit the nail on the head (no pun intended). the guy has shown yet again that he is simply unstable. the only thing robinho could say to make me re-consider my opinion about him is 'my head's been all over the place for years. i have to try to get my attitude right on a consistent basis. i won't be speaking to the media for a while as i believe this will help me get my thoughts straight.'

i won't hold my breath though.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city

Postby Vhero » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:52 am

No matter how much of a dick he has been if he starts playing well on the pitch I don't fucking care. He can say what he wants as long as he performs. We will see won't we? Maybe he is saying this because he knows nobody will buy him this window.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby King Kev » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:18 am

I believe his return would have a negative affect on the atmosphere within the squad. I don;t want him back.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:32 am

Vhero wrote:No matter how much of a dick he has been if he starts playing well on the pitch I don't fucking care. He can say what he wants as long as he performs. We will see won't we? Maybe he is saying this because he knows nobody will buy him this window.

I agree with that. Whatever his reasons are and if his change of heart is genuine, I would not mind seeing him back in the City lienup if he can reproduce the form he was on in the 1st half of season 08/09. And seeing his recent performances with Brazil, I cannot see why he could not do that.
What we have so clearly missed this season is a real playmaker with the departure of Elano and Robson and the bad form of Ireland.
Maybe he can play a more central role behind the strikers where he will not be expected to do a lot of defending (which he clearly cannot or will not do) as opposed to the LW position.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:41 am

Vhero wrote:No matter how much of a dick he has been if he starts playing well on the pitch I don't fucking care. He can say what he wants as long as he performs. We will see won't we? Maybe he is saying this because he knows nobody will buy him this window.

Spot on.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:58 am

He just tells anyone exactly what he thinks they want to hear. He's full of shit. If we don't find a buyer or swap deal for him though, Mancini will probably see if he can use him; you don't just chuck a £30M player down the toilet.

If he comes back then we'll have to bite our lips & try to get behind him because otherwise our reaction will be a bigger problem for the club than he is. Lets hope the lying little twat does one so we don't have to worry about it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kladze » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:58 am

King Kev wrote:I believe his return would have a negative affect on the atmosphere within the squad. I don;t want him back.

I agree with this. I don't want him anywhere near our dressing room, let alone the field of play.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:02 am

I miss Robinho!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:03 am

I know he has been an irritating little git, but I'd still love to see him back and playing well for us. He is a pleasure to watch and he does things with the ball that you can't quite believe. It's one of the reasons to watch football. that said, how do we fit him into a winning side, when he offers a weakness as well as magic.
I also think that we helped the media spiral the situation out of control by buying all the nonsense that was pedalled. He's a great footballer, possesses something we missed last season and could still be a fabulous option for us when we look short of ideas.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby edge275 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:13 am

It's a tricky one with Robinho. I think the guy is just brutally honest and is giving a running documentary of details that many other players wouldn't say.

Players thinking of joining another team is very common but it's something you don't say to the media. Robinho on the other hand is like an open book.

If I'm honest I would like him back at city but on a few conditions.

A) He is 100% committed to the cause of Manchester City.

B) He has no problems with Mancini and vice versa

C) If he's going to talk to the press in the future and it's anything to do with Manchester City it has to be positive. No talk of leaving to go somewhere else. If he wants to leave he goes about it in a private matter.

D) An interview on MCFC official site outlining the above and clearing the air with the fans.

E) Although this isn't to do with Robinho as such, but I would want all city fans to get behind him if he does return. If people started booing him and ushering him out the club it ain't gonna work.

If he can't meet any of the conditions above then I'd get the best possible deal for him.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby iqjatt » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:14 am

i think he's reconsidered his options, after he found out about dani alves' situation......or someother transfer.

he whants to be around brazillians, he's been in a shitty mood since Elano left.
iqjatt
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby simon12 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:07 pm

iqjatt wrote:i think he's reconsidered his options, after he found out about dani alves' situation......or someother transfer.

he whants to be around brazillians, he's been in a shitty mood since Elano left.

Don`t we all
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:28 pm

edge275 wrote:B) He has no problems with Mancini and vice versa

Mancini originally stated that he had no intention of letting Robinho leave but then the Lad forced his move through. I think once that relationship between Player and Manager was damaged then it's never going to be the same again.

It would be terrific if Robinho came back to Manchester City, finished the season as Top Scorer again, performed his tricks on the field (the stuff he was pulling against Pompey was wicked) and was an asset to the Team. I just don't think it'll happen because he doesn't want it enough.

He'll finish his career in the Middle East or America.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:35 pm

btajim wrote:
edge275 wrote:B) He has no problems with Mancini and vice versa

Mancini originally stated that he had no intention of letting Robinho leave but then the Lad forced his move through. I think once that relationship between Player and Manager was damaged then it's never going to be the same again.

It would be terrific if Robinho came back to Manchester City, finished the season as Top Scorer again, performed his tricks on the field (the stuff he was pulling against Pompey was wicked) and was an asset to the Team. I just don't think it'll happen because he doesn't want it enough.

He'll finish his career in the Middle East or America.

America can't pay him Jim. I think he's back to Spain or Italy if he's lucky. If he's unlucky, which i think he fears and what's driven this commentary, then he'll be back in England and fighting for his footballing life. I can see him being loaned out to an English club that has some shit-hot prospects who are about 15 years of age and whom we want to track for a few years, whereby we are given first refusal rights on them. We did that with Neymar but don't seem interested yet. If it were me i'd buy Neymar in an instant just in case. Top clubs have loads of "potential world beaters" on the books as assets to play with. We should too. And that's what Robinho is...allegedly.

i agree about the Pompey stuff...i was so high those days. it was blissful to watch. What changed?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum