** England V Yanks: Official Match Thread **

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ** England V Yanks: Official Match Thread **

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:how can they ban them? it'd be like banning Africa, wouldn't it?

As an American I'll forgive you as it's a known fact Geography is not yuor strongest point.

Africa is a big place made up of different cultures /languages.....South Africa has very little in common with many countries in Africa as a whole....but carry on.

you know what mongtard...i know plenty about geography, and just because you helped prop up the dying days of the Botha empire in your youth in SA it doesn't invalidate my point.

When you strip the local flavor from the story then i feel you've ruined something. Do i hate the sounds of them on the TV? i do. Do i bet they are fucking annoying to some of the fans at the match and the players? Yes.

But i don't have the right to decide that those things supercede the host nations right to maintain their story. And that this is the first cup in Africa, i think you've got to show the host nation some respect. That's all.

India is also a nation made up of a mishmash of different cultures. As is Mexico. And guess what? So is the United States. I've been plenty of polyracial/multi-ethnic places in my life CARL. You haven't cornered the market, Commander McBragg.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:32 pm

good post you septic fucker.

fuckin cheers.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:51 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:how can they ban them? it'd be like banning Africa, wouldn't it?

I've been plenty of polyracial/multi-ethnic LAP DANCE places in my life CARL.

cheers

That's probably what you meant.

As I was saying fuckface - Those horns should be banned and it has nothing to do with "respecting the nation " you fucking dumb fuck...it's to do with NOISE THAT IT CREATES..........nothing to do with colour,race or religion...........FUCKING NOISE ARSEHOLE!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I've been plenty of polyracial/multi-ethnic LAP DANCE places in my life CARL.

cheers

That's probably what you meant.

As I was saying fuckface - Those horns should be banned and it has nothing to do with "respecting the nation " you fucking dumb fuck...it's to do with NOISE THAT IT CREATES..........nothing to do with colour,race or religion...........FUCKING NOISE ARSEHOLE!

Nigerian girl in London was fantastic. Buttplug.

if i said that in ALL CAPS would it have been too preciously loud for you?

;)

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:17 am

Very amusing thread this one now!

Reference to Vuvuzelas.....they are pretty annoying but it's not hard to "tune them out" mentally TBH.....I found the high pitched girly screaming at every "exciting moment" at matches in Japan and South Korea far more annoying if I'm honest.

Read one report yesterday saying they "ruined the atmosphere" because they drown out the singing of each nation's fans.

Personally if they drown out those cunts humming the great escape, Ten German Bombers and that idiotic band who follow England...then that's just fine by me. Other nations might contribute much more in the way of "singing" but England's fans are fucking terrible....I'm glad to have them drowned out
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityGer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:00 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
CityGer wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:The vivuzulas might be banned very soon.

About fucking time as well..............

Where did you hear this?

They fucking should be.

Read it in the tabloids mate....

Must be true then.

I don’t have a problem with them, do we want a corporate bland world cup or do we want a world cup that says Africa.

I find them no more annoying than Mexican Waves, Car horns, Chants taken from Soccer AM, The England Band, Playing songs after teams score. Crap music before the games, City fans recycling the same two songs, Shoooooooooooooooooooot.

Or the tartan army singing Doe a Deer??

I have a massive problem with them and I couldn't give a flying fuck what this world cup 'says', I'd like to be able to watch and enjoy it. They're killing the atmosphere. Hearing songs, crowd reaction and the tension from the stands is not bland and is part of football. I don't know where to start with the 'corporate' part, that's just odd.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:47 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:If you turn the high frequencies down on your TV's equalizer it's a bit easier on the ears

^ geek

That's a top tip. Going to try that tonight.

Honestly, they are doing my fucking nut in now. So much so that I've been watching last couple of games with volume off and record playing on the background.

Apparently FIFA has said that should one team protest about it, they would look into it.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:00 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:If you turn the high frequencies down on your TV's equalizer it's a bit easier on the ears

^ geek

Honestly, they are doing my fucking nut in now. So much so that I've been watching last couple of games with volume off and record playing on the background.

Apparently FIFA has said that should one team protest about it, they would look into it.

Job for the French then...
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:07 am

^ geek

May I recommend watching the game with arabic commentary as I did last night

Trust me, with those fucknuts jabbering on you barely notice the vuvuzelas ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:10 am

ant london wrote:

^ geek

May I recommend watching the game with arabic commentary as I did last night

Trust me, with those fucknuts jabbering on you barely notice the vuvuzelas ;-)

I watched some game (think it was some Championship game, can't remember) last season via "Nile running wild". Fucking hell, they went absolutely berserk when Coventry (or Blackpool or someone like that) scored. Don't think many of their supporters on the ground were screaming as loud.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityGer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:19 pm

we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:19 pm

CityGer wrote:Organisers will not ban vuvuzelas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 737455.stm

cunts
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:27 pm

May I take the time to quote this from the other day and say 'You Absolute Pair of Selfish Cunts'!
Beefymcfc wrote:Another point I'd like to raise is Ledley King and Harry Redknapp. This is a sore subject for me because I honestly feel that these 2 could've really fucked our chances up. I distinctly remember Harry talking up Ledley's chances of going to the World Cup and specifically said that he could play in all games aslong as he's rested inbetween. Ledley then went on to play 3 games in 10 days proving that his knee's could handle it and gave him a pass for Fabio to pick him. Looking back, it is plain to see that Ledley would not be able to hack the pace as he's not been able to string 3 games together for quite a while, and I'd suggest that Ledley was probably taken injections just to force is way into the England squad.

And now I'm hearing someone's pissed and shit all over our kit...................TWATS!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:...And now I'm hearing someone's pissed and shit all over our kit...................TWATS!!!

I was thinking the same thing when the ref blew the final whistle too
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum