** England V Yanks: Official Match Thread **

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ** England V Yanks: Official Match Thread **

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:16 pm

HeyMark wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:The vivuzulas might be banned very soon.

About fucking time as well..............

I don't see what all the fuss is about. They're a slight drone in the background. Haven't annoyed me at all.

Slight drone ? are you for fucking real ???....they are louder per decibals than a fucking jet engine. FACT.

My brother was there and he reckoned they are too annoying and you cannot concentrate on the match.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:22 pm

Our broadcast station SBS has altered their volume output on the ads to INSANELY LOUD, I think they figured that everyone was turning the volume way down during the game and didn't want their ads too quiet to get their message across.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:26 pm

the problem the USA has right now is that we play to the level of our opponents, we don't assert ourselves in games yet
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:30 pm

If you turn the high frequencies down on your TV's equalizer it's a bit easier on the ears

^ geek
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby ryanmjo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:30 pm

kinkylola wrote:the problem the USA has right now is that we play to the level of our opponents, we don't assert ourselves in games yet

That's why I'm so worried about the Slovenia match, we should win relatively easily, but thinking back to some of the matches during qualification, I feel it won't be.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:45 pm

On the bright side, 4 yrs ago the team that went on to win the WC was older than our's and had internal strife amongst other problems................they also drew 1-1 with none other than the Yanks in the group stages !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityGer » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Where did you hear this?

They fucking should be.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:29 pm

CityGer wrote:

Where did you hear this?

They fucking should be.

Read it in the tabloids mate...hopefully it will happen.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Where did you hear this?

They fucking should be.

Read it in the tabloids mate....

Must be true then.

I don’t have a problem with them, do we want a corporate bland world cup or do we want a world cup that says Africa.

I find them no more annoying than Mexican Waves, Car horns, Chants taken from Soccer AM, The England Band, Playing songs after teams score. Crap music before the games, City fans recycling the same two songs, Shoooooooooooooooooooot.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:45 pm

how can they ban them? it'd be like banning Africa, wouldn't it?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby HeyMark » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:46 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Where did you hear this?

They fucking should be.

Must be true then.

I don’t have a problem with them, do we want a corporate bland world cup or do we want a world cup that says Africa.

I find them no more annoying than Mexican Waves, Car horns, Chants taken from Soccer AM, The England Band, Playing songs after teams score. Crap music before the games, City fans recycling the same two songs, Shoooooooooooooooooooot.

I'd take x amount of them over that guy at pompey with the bell
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:48 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Where did you hear this?

They fucking should be.

Must be true then.

I find them no more annoying than Mexican Waves, Car horns, Chants taken from Soccer AM, The England Band, Playing songs after teams score. Crap music before the games,

FYI it's South Africa and not Africa...completely different in Culture to other countries in Africa as a whole.

They are annoying as fuck..if you have actually been to South Africa and experienced it you will find it is FUCKING ANNOYING to the extreme....if you have'nt..well....you just dont know how really annoying they are.......do you !?

I'll save the task of googling it.

Vuvuzelas have been controversial.[2] They have been associated with permanent noise-induced hearing loss,[3] cited as a possible safety risk when spectators can't hear evacuation announcements,[4] and potentially spread colds and flu viruses on a greater scale than coughing or shouting.[5][6] Commentators have described the sound as "annoying" and compared it with "a stampede of noisy elephants,"[7] "a deafening swarm of locusts,"[8] "a goat on the way to slaughter"[9] and "a giant hive full of very angry bees."[10]

The sound level of the instrument has been measured at 131 dB(A) at the opening of the horn and at 113 dB(A) two metres in front of the opening, both dangerously high levels for unprotected ears.[11]
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:48 pm

i MUCH prefer them to that frickkin band and it's two tunes that follows England around.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:how can they ban them? it'd be like banning Africa, wouldn't it?

As an American I'll forgive you as it's a known fact Geography is not yuor strongest point.

Africa is a big place made up of different cultures /languages.....South Africa has very little in common with many countries in Africa as a whole....but carry on.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Where did you hear this?

They fucking should be.

Must be true then.

I find them no more annoying than Mexican Waves, Car horns, Chants taken from Soccer AM, The England Band, Playing songs after teams score. Crap music before the games,

FYI it's South Africa and not Africa...completely different in Culture to other countries in Africa as a whole.

They are annoying as fuck..if you have actually been to South Africa and experienced it you will find it is FUCKING ANNOYING to the extreme....if you have'nt..well....you just dont know how really annoying they are.......do you !?

I'll save the task of googling it.

Vuvuzelas have been controversial.[2] They have been associated with permanent noise-induced hearing loss,[3] cited as a possible safety risk when spectators can't hear evacuation announcements,[4] and potentially spread colds and flu viruses on a greater scale than coughing or shouting.[5][6] Commentators have described the sound as "annoying" and compared it with "a stampede of noisy elephants,"[7] "a deafening swarm of locusts,"[8] "a goat on the way to slaughter"[9] and "a giant hive full of very angry bees."[10]

The sound level of the instrument has been measured at 131 dB(A) at the opening of the horn and at 113 dB(A) two metres in front of the opening, both dangerously high levels for unprotected ears.[11]

Big fan of healthy and safety now are we? PC Carl. Who would have thought.

You get on your high horse about a mythical story about someone not allowed to show his England top incase it offends anyone . Yet want to ban something that says South Africa because it offends you.
ross.mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Nope - I leave the PC to cunts like you.

There is plenty of evidence that these horns can damage the hearing...thats a fact(Look it up) numbnut's.....an actual FACT ..........now taking flags down because of health and safety issues in the UK........laughable.

how old are you? Im guessing just out of diapers as you know so little about....................well....... anything really.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Nope - I leave the PC to cunts like you.

There is plenty of evidence that these horns can damage the hearing...thats a fact(Look it up) numbnut's.....an actual FACT ..........now taking flags down because of health and safety issues in the UK........laughable.

how old are you? Im guessing just out of diapers as you know so little about....................well....... anything really.

Alcohol damages liver, smoking kills, Ban that as well?

Your not even there so I don’t think your going to go to deaf by listening to them on television (which also damages your eyes) So what the real problem?

Regardless of my age I am mature enough to engage in conversation and debate with using insulting language and using kiddy words like numbnut's
ross.mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Tbf, 131dB will fuck your ears up pretty good if you listen to it for long enough, especially in one frequency range. If some cunt started persistantly blowing one of those things down my earhole they'd either have to stop or have it removed surgically.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Tbf, 131dB will fuck your ears up pretty good if you listen to it for long enough, especially in one frequency range. If some cunt started persistantly blowing one of those things down my earhole they'd either have to stop or have it removed surgically.

Well imagine a fucking thousands of the fuckers going off at once FOR 90 BASTARD minutes.............Im surprised the players can concentrate tbh, and it's not only in the stadium's that the problem exist's...it's in the fucking street's 24/7 as well !
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:02 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Nope - I leave the PC to cunts like you.

Alcohol damages liver, smoking kills, Ban that as well?

Your not even there so I don’t think your going to go to deaf by listening to them on television (which also damages your eyes) So what the real problem?

Regardless of my age I am mature enough to engage in conversation and debate with using insulting language and using kiddy words like numbnut's

So what's the problem then?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum