Saturday's Football Gossip

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's Football Gossip

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:07 am

No sign of Chinners again. He must be otherwise engaged.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8736598.stm

TRANSFER GOSSIP:
Liverpool are preparing themselves for a big-money bid from Real Madrid for their captain Steven Gerrard. The England midfielder tops new Real boss Jose Mourinho's summer shopping list.
Full story: footylatest.com

Manchester City will launch a shock £20m bid to nab Nemanja Vidic from bitter rivals Manchester United and will offer the 28-year-old Serbian defender a £24m pay deal over four years.
Full story: The Sun

New Inter Milan boss Rafael Benitez is planning a £35m bid for Manchester City's 26-year-old Argentina striker Carlos Tevez.

West Ham have not given up hope of bringing England midfielder Joe Cole and France striker Thierry Henry to the club, co-chairman David Gold has revealed. Cole is leaving Chelsea as a free agent while former Arsenal forward Henry could leave Barcelona in the summer.
Full story: Daily Express

Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City target Milos Krasic says he wants to play in Italy. The 25-year-old Serbian playmaker, who is at CSKA Moscow, has been linked with a £9m move to Juventus.
Full story: Daily Star

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made an inquiry about Everton centre-half Phil Jagielka as he looks to strengthen his defence over the summer.
Full story: Daily Mail

Everton have put a £10m price tag on striker Yakubu after rejecting a £6m bid from West Ham.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Besiktas coach Bernd Schuster say he is interested in taking Brazilian striker Robinho from Manchester City to Turkey.

Manchester City have been told by Valencia to put their pursuit of £30m-rated Spanish striker David Silva on hold until after the World Cup.

Manchester United are considering a move for Real Madrid's defensive midfielder Mahamadou Diarra, 29, who is rated at about £8m.
Full story: caughtoffside.com

German club Wolfsburg are ready to test Sir Alex Ferguson's claim that his Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov is not for sale by preparing a £16.5m bid for the Bulgarian.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is preparing to make a big money move for Lyon keeper Hugo Lloris. The 23-year-old has been voted best keeper in France for the last two seasons.
Full story: caughtoffside.com

Wenger is also monitoring Palermo goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu. The 23-year-old Italian is also being watched by Inter Milan but Arsenal have the advantage because they can offer him first team football.

Reading's Australian international goalkeeper Adam Federici will reject Liverpool and Tottenham's advances and sign a new contract with the Championship club on his return from the World Cup.

Manchester United's French winger Gabriel Obertan is wanted by Rangers. The Scottish champions hope to take the 21-year-old on loan.

West Bromwich Albion have said they have rejected an offer from Sevilla for midfielder Borja Valero, who was on loan at Spanish club Real Mallorca last season.
Full story: Guardian

Celtic have opened negotiations with Sunderland as they bid to sign striker Daryl Murphy for around £1.3m. (Daily Mail)

Bundasliga side Stuttgart have joined the chase for Rangers' teenage defender Danny Wilson. (Daily Record)

Out-of-contract Aberdeen full-back Charlie Mulgrew has been offered a three-year deal by Sheffield United. (Daily Express)

OTHER GOSSIP
Blackburn's prospective new owner, Indian businessman Saurin Shah, claims his £25m takeover bid is "serious".

Former Manchester United defender Gary Pallister feels Gary Neville would still be England's first choice right-back ahead of Liverpool's Glen Johnson, had he played more football over the past season.
Full story: FourFourTwo

AND FINALLY
Everyone in England's World Cup camp are popping up to six pills a day in an effort to stay healthy in South Africa. The 23 players, coach Fabio Capello and even security chief Ray Whitworth are taking the vitamin and mineral supplements. However, a bout of sickness and diarrhoea has swept through the assembled English media.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: Saturday's Football Gossip

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:15 am

However, a bout of sickness and diarrhoea has swept through the assembled English media.

any different to the sickness and diaorrhea they usually spout?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:03 am

btajim wrote:Manchester City will launch a shock £20m bid to nab Nemanja Vidic from bitter rivals Manchester U***d and will offer the 28-year-old Serbian defender a £24m pay deal over four years.

Oh please let this be true, not only for signing a quality defender, but for the look on all their fans faces as another one crosses over
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby SORTED » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:17 am

craigmcfc wrote:
btajim wrote:Manchester City will launch a shock £20m bid to nab Nemanja Vidic from bitter rivals Manchester U***d and will offer the 28-year-old Serbian defender a £24m pay deal over four years.

Oh please let this be true, not only for signing a quality defender, but for the look on all their fans faces as another one crosses over

It'd be freakin fabulous that!

...mind you he's out of contract in 2012 so maybe we should have a quiet word in his ear about a big fat signing on fee and advocate he refuses to sign an extension. Once he gets into his final 12 months (Jan 2011) the Glazers will force Fergie's hand to sell him in order to bring in some cash in to pay of those huge fuckin debts. We then step in with an £8-10 mill, take it or leave it offer and give Vidic a £3 mill signing on fee. Easy.
Last edited by SORTED on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:18 am

craigmcfc wrote:

2 seasons on the trot? Surely not. Would like it though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Vhero » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:22 am

MaseCTID wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

2 seasons on the trot? Surely not. Would like it though.

Would be ecstatic if it happened more so than Tevez as this would be a real transfer and they claim he is their best defender. There obvious response would be he's not good enough for United after they sold him to us of course like they did with Ronaldo. Or we got blah blah..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:26 am

Cheers for doing this as well Jim.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:27 am

Cheers Jim . . .

OFFICIAL BOLLOX
Here at WTPS Towers we're sure you are girding your loins for a day of queuing in supermarkets and grappling with bar-b-q sets that have not seen the light of day since, well, the last time England kicked off in a World Cup.
At least that's the thrust of the front sections of the papers, as it seems we're going 'World Cup crazy'. Whatever, let's focus on the important matters further back in the nation's newspapers, and after all the speculation saying City are scouring the world for transfer targets the Sun claims we are looking a little closer to home.

Anthony Kastrinakis writes that we are on the cusp of making a bid for a highly-rated member of United's backline, 'City will launch a shock £20million bid to buy Nemanja Vidic from bitter rivals Manchester United.' Apparently a mega pay-deal is on the proverbial table, but hold your horses because events in South Africa will make a difference -

'Vidic, 28, has been unsettled for some time - but will not make any official announcement about his future until Serbia are out of the World Cup. Paolo Fabbri, an associate of his agent Silvano Martina, confirmed Vidic could quit Old Trafford.'

And this pesky World Cup stymies another would-be imminent arrival, according to the Mirror's David Anderson who writes that City are pursuing Valencia's David Silva but, 'their pursuit of David Silva is on hold until after the World Cup. City CEO Garry Cook is believed to have met club officials over the £30 million-rated Spain star. Valencia President Manuel Llorente said: "This subject is closed until the end of the World Cup. If we receive a formal offer we'll decide what is best for us."'

It's been a busy day at the Mail, who state that Besiktas boss Bernd Schuster wants to team up with Robinho, who he worked with at Real Madrid. The same paper also has City interested in a raft of players currently in South Africa, specifically Leonardo Bonucci, Gregory van der Wiel, Aleksander Kolarov and Miguel Veloso. Handy that the World Cup collects all our supposed targets into one place for the papers, isn't it? mcfc.co.uk

Turkish delight for Robinho?
Besiktas join the chase to sign unsettled Manchester City star
Besiktas coach Bernd Schuster has confirmed he is interested in Manchester City's Brazilian misfit Robinho who he coached at Real Madrid.
City's Slovakian midfielder Robert Mak, 19, has signed for German side Nurnberg in a £500,000 deal. Free agent Sylvinho, 36, also has offers from Germany.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Renato_CTID » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:29 am

http://www.tuttosport.com/calcio/serie_ ... va+al+City

Seems much more than a rumour this one: Thiago Silva to City as a defensive midfielder! 25 ml £ looks like a good price for the best young player of AC Milan.
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:52 am

MaseCTID wrote:Cheers for doing this as well Jim.

Are you too lazy to surf to the BBC site to find this stuff out for yourself? ;-)

I must admit I like to read the daily rubbish before I start work. It's usually a good starting point for a discussion on here.

Chinners is the King of this, though. All the goss and often a picture of a scantily clad Lady to warm the cockles.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:04 am

btajim wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:Cheers for doing this as well Jim.

Are you too lazy to surf to the BBC site to find this stuff out for yourself? ;-)

In one word, yes :p
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum