Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:57 am

Benitez to launch £35m bid for Manchester City star Tevez
According to The Sun this morning, new Inter Milan coach Rafa Benitez will look to sign Manchester City talisman Carlos Tevez .
The Argentinian was outstanding for Manchester City last season and scored 23 Premier League goals as Roberto Mancini's side narrowly missed out on Champions League qualification.
There have been rumours that the disappointment of ending the season empty handed would prompt the 26 year-old to consider his future. According to The Sun, Benitez will try to tempt Tevez with the promise of Champions League football as Inter look to defend their title.
Benitez apparently attempted to sign Tevez for Liverpool last summer when it was clear that the striker would leave Old Trafford. However, Liverpool could not compete with cash-rich Manchester City ’s £25.5m bid.
With the backing of Inter president Massimo Moratti, Benitez is unlikely to face similar financial constraints this time round and The Sun speculates that the European champions could offer City £35million to prize Tevez away from Eastlands where he has become a fans’ favourite.

Chelsea Consider Move for £12m Premier League Playmaker
Ancelotti Eyes Up Move for Manchester City Man Ireland. Stamford Bridge boss looks to beat off rivals to Eastlands man.
Chelsea are rumoured to be ready to make a move for Manchester City playmaker Stephen Ireland as the west London club looks for midfield reinforcements after releasing Michael Ballack and Joe Cole. Carlo Ancelotti is known to be a fan of the Irish international and may believe he can beat off competition for the 23 year old who has made it clear he wants to leave Eastlands.
The likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham have all been linked with a move for the talented flair player who doesn’t appear to be part of Roberto Mancini’s first team plans. Problems off the field as well as some average performances on it had left the Cork born former Cobh Rambler having to convince the Italian boss of his worth but he appears to have failed to change the City boss’s mind.
Ireland has proven his ability to perform with class in the Premier League and was voted player of the season at Man City the season before last so clearly he has what it takes to play at the very top and Ancelotti may feel he is able to utilize the abundant flair he possesses and could be just the man to make him a more consistent performer.
Its easy to see why there are so many interested parties vying for his signature and it will be interesting to see if the Blues can secure a deal to bring the £12m rated midfielder to the club.

Toure's transfer hits a snag
Yaya Toure's agent is unhappy with the price-tag Barcelona have placed on the Ivory Coast international midfielder.
Toure has been linked with a host of clubs including Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal after slipping out of the first-team reckoning at the Camp Nou.
However, Toure's agent, Dimitri Seluk, is becoming increasingly frustrated by the lack of progress in a potential transfer, saying: "The problem is that Barca are asking for too much money because Yaya's demands are totally within reach of the clubs that want to sign him.
"The problem is what Barca are asking for. I would prefer him to play for Chelsea because they are a very strong team who have been in the elite for many years and who always aspire to be the best, but they won't pay so much money.
"As things stand, it is possible there is no definitive agreement before the World Cup. The ball is in Barcelona's court."

Kolarov snubs Manchester City, agrees terms with Real Madrid
Left-back Aleksandar Kolarov has agreed terms with Real Madrid , according to Spanish daily Marca, ending interest from Manchester City and Inter Milan.
The 24-year-old has been at Lazio for three seasons, alerting interest from clubs including Manchester City by chipping in with four goals and two assists in a solid campaign last term.
Lazio President Claudio Lotito was recently quoted saying, "15 million doesn't even buy Kolarov's boots, because he is the best defender in the world.”
However, it now appears that Kolarov has matched Lotito’s determination by agreeing terms with Real Madrid . Marca reports that Italian agent Ernesto Bronzetti has brokered a deal between the Serbian defender and Real Madrid and now will try to negotiate an agreement between the clubs themselves.
Lotito had claimed that Manchester City were also interested in Kolarov, although whether this was genuine or rather a tactic to raise the player’s value is unclear.

Manchester City 'in talks' with Valencia over £30m David Silva but big spenders face fight with Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Barcelona and Juventus
Manchester City have stepped up to bid to sign Valencia midfielder David Silva in a bid to see off increasing interest from Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Barcelona and Juventus.
City chief executive Garry Cook reportedly had face-to-face talks with Valencia president Manuel Llorente on Wednesday and another meeting is planned.
The Barclays Premier League big-spenders are not believed to have submitted a formal offer yet, but would hope to do a deal for less than Valencia's price tag of about £30million.
Real Madrid had lined up a move for the 24-year-old, only for new boss Jose Mourinho to identify more pressing targets and leave the deal in limbo.

However, reports in Italy suggest there is serious competition from Inter Milan and Juventus. New Inter boss Rafa Benitez is a confirmed admirer of his former Valencia student and hopes to pair him at the San Siro with Liverpool's Javier Mascherano.
And now Juventus have entered the race, but are seen as outsiders. They have just clinched a deal for Sunderland target Simone Pepe and Milos Krasic - another wide man - is on the way from CSKA Moscow, while free agent Joe Cole is an alternative to Silva.

Manchester City have swooped to capture highly-rated Swindon teenager Alex Henshall for an undisclosed fee.
The 16-year-old, who made two substitute appearances for Danny Wilson's side last season, is part of the England youth set-up and regarded as one of the country's most promising youngsters.
Liverpool had also been interested in the youngster, Robins chairman Andrew Fitton confimed.
Barcelona have also re-entered the race for a player they looked at last summer. The Spanish champions have Silva lined up as a contingency following increasingly difficult negotiations to land Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal.
Barca will not give up on the Gunners captain for some time and City could see off the Catalans by moving quickly for Silva, though Spain's imminent departure for the World Cup in South Africa could put everyone on hold until after the tournament.

City are also said to have enquired about 25-year-old Valencia Pablo Hernandez, another international right winger, who failed to make the World Cup squad.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Rafael Benítez is expected to make Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano his primary transfer target after agreeing a two-year deal to take charge of European champions Inter Milan. Daily Telegraph

Manchester United are lining up Palermo defender Simon Kjaer, with centre-back Nemanja Vidic set to leave Old Trafford.Daily Mail

United are also rumoured to be considering a move for Juventus playmaker Diego this summer. caughtoffside.com

Everton have rejected an improved offer of £7m from West Ham for striker Yakubu. Daily Mail

Arsenal defender William Gallas is set to leave the club and turn down a chance to join Roma to sign for Juventus. Daily Mail

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has joined Tottenham and Manchester United in the chase to sign Joe Cole, who is a free agent after being released by Chelsea. Daily Mirror

Wenger may also be preparing a bid for Everton's South African winger Steven Pienaar. The 28-year-old is entering the final 12-months of his contract on Merseyside and is yet to agree a new deal. Daily Star

Tottenham are said to be preparing a £10m bid for West Ham striker Carlton Cole. Daily Star

Financially troubled Hull have put their entire playing staff up for sale. Daily Mail

WAG OF THE DAY
http://italy.theoffside.com/files/2007/ ... espica.gif

OTHER BOLLOX
Kenny Dalglish is desperate to become Liverpool's manager again, claims his son Paul. Fulham boss Roy Hodgson remains the Reds number one choice, but 59-year-old Dalglish, who won a host of trophies as a player and manager at Anfield from 1977-91, has told friends he is waiting in the wings. Daily Mirror

Nicolas Anelka is poised to sign a new two-year contract with Chelsea. The 31-year-old French striker, who scored 15 goals last season, has reached an agreement on an extension to his £90,000-a-week deal. Daily Express

An Indian entrepreneur is close to completing a £25m takeover of Blackburn after targeting the Lancashire club because of the town's large Asian population. Blackburn's board has given Saurin Shah, little known outside his home city of Mumbai, permission to begin the due diligence process after several weeks of secret talks. The Times

Ipswich manager Roy Keane has been spared the sack after a top-secret meeting with owner Marcus Evans.Daily Mail

Rafael Benitez waved goodbye to Liverpool on Thursday by making a £96,000 donation to the Hillsborough Family Support Group charity. The Spaniard, who has been appointed as Inter Milan's new manager, flew back to England to say his farewells.The Sun

REVIEW OF THE SEASON PART 13
Manchester City were held to a fifth consecutive Premier League draw as Burnley picked up their first away point of the season.
Graham Alexander put Burnley ahead from the penalty spot before Steven Fletcher made it 2-0 from a Chris Eagles cross.
City hit back either side of the break, Shaun Wright-Phillips driving home before Kolo Toure levelled.
Craig Bellamy put City ahead, but substitute Kevin McDonald struck late on to earn Burnley a dramatic point.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 342972.stm
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:20 am

U***d are also rumoured to be considering a move for Juventus playmaker Diego this summer. caughtoffside.com

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 am

REVIEW OF THE SEASON PART 13
Manchester City were held to a fifth consecutive Premier League draw as Burnley picked up their first away point of the season.
Graham Alexander put Burnley ahead from the penalty spot before Steven Fletcher made it 2-0 from a Chris Eagles cross.
City hit back either side of the break, Shaun Wright-Phillips driving home before Kolo Toure levelled.
Craig Bellamy put City ahead, but substitute Kevin McDonald struck late on to earn Burnley a dramatic point

Debate all you like but there's no fuckin way that will happen to us now under Bobby Manc.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:40 am

john@staustell wrote:Debate all you like but there's no fuckin way that will happen to us now under Bobby Manc.

That was an awful Match despite being given 6 Goals. It was Burnley's first away point, IIRC. However, it was the Hull Match which instigated the idea for a change of Manager.

Yes, I would've expected City to win that one - but City also need to be winning Matches that could've secured 4th.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:42 am

btajim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Debate all you like but there's no fuckin way that will happen to us now under Bobby Manc.

That was an awful Match despite being given 6 Goals. It was Burnley's first away point, IIRC. However, it was the Hull Match which instigated the idea for a change of Manager.

Yes, I would've expected City to win that one - but City also need to be winning Matches that could've secured 4th.

Errrrr.... you mean because Stoke and Hull games didn't count towards 4th spot? Had we got proper results during that horrendous run without wins, we wouldn't have had to be desperately win against Spurs you know.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:43 am

Papers make up so much bollox linking us to players we aren't even going for that when they sign a new contract or go somewhere else they write bollox like this
Kolarov snubs Manchester City, agrees terms with Real Madrid

I bet we weren't even in for him yet he snubbed us according to the paper so we look like cunts how fucking great is that? We should sue the paper if we weren't.

As for the Toure situation and his agent I honestly think what's happened is only us have offered the money Barca want and he is pissed off as nobody else will match it and he want Barca to lower the price so Toure can go elsewhere. If that's the case then we should pull out as he obviously doesn't wanna play for us I mean it's been a week now with the same shit coming out of his mouth and the last thing we need is another Robinho at the club.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:46 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Errrrr.... you mean because Stoke and Hull games didn't count towards 4th spot? Had we got proper results during that horrendous run without wins, we wouldn't have had to be desperately win against Spurs you know.

Could should would could should would. 4th was in our own hands and we blew it.

What Stoke Match are you referring to? We beat them at Home under Bobbeh Manceh (his first Match), drew Away under Bobbeh Manceh and they also put us out of the Cup. Which Match could've helped secure 4th in the League?

The draws were against Villa, Burnley, Fulham, Birmingham City, Hull, Liverpool and Bolton.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:48 am

the fat waiter can sling his hook, cheeky twat.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:29 am

btajim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Errrrr.... you mean because Stoke and Hull games didn't count towards 4th spot? Had we got proper results during that horrendous run without wins, we wouldn't have had to be desperately win against Spurs you know.

Could should would could should would. 4th was in our own hands and we blew it.

What Stoke Match are you referring to? We beat them at Home under Bobbeh Manceh (his first Match), drew Away under Bobbeh Manceh and they also put us out of the Cup. Which Match could've helped secure 4th in the League?

The draws were against Villa, Burnley, Fulham, Birmingham City, Hull, Liverpool and Bolton.

I meant Burnley but typed Stoke. Probably because both play shit football. Easy to confuse.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Slim wrote:
U***d are also rumoured to be considering a move for Juventus playmaker Diego this summer. caughtoffside.com

it's like some chavvy twunt is trying to steal your girl, isn't it? You should have gotten nicer fuclin drapes then maybe she wouldn't be looking elsewhere. #Fail.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:

it's like some chavvy twunt is trying to steal your girl, isn't it? You should have gotten nicer fuclin drapes then maybe she wouldn't be looking elsewhere. #Fail.

cheers

He will be mine, oh yes, he will be mine.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Slim wrote:

cheers

He will be mine, oh yes, he will be mine.

[youtube]neQd1WTYCD0[/youtube]
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I meant Burnley but typed Stoke. Probably because both play shit football. Easy to confuse.

Stoke's shit Football saw them comfortably survive for another Premiership season and Burnley's took them straight back down!
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:24 pm

btajim wrote:

Well, it did say exactly that in the paragraph you are referring to.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
btajim wrote:That was an awful Match despite being given 6 Goals. It was Burnley's first away point, IIRC. However, it was the Hull Match which instigated the idea for a change of Manager.

I didn't read it. Just hit quote and typed away.

Mr Pedantic today, Bingo? At a push, I can recall every result from last season and something about the Match.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:30 pm

btajim wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
btajim wrote:That was an awful Match despite being given 6 Goals. It was Burnley's first away point, IIRC. However, it was the Hull Match which instigated the idea for a change of Manager.

Mr Pedantic today, Bingo? At a push, I can recall every result from last season and something about the Match.

Please remind me of the away Stoke fixture, cause even after looking it up I still can't remember the fucker.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Slim wrote:Please remind me of the away Stoke fixture, cause even after looking it up I still can't remember the fucker.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8510466.stm

1-1 in the League and they put us out of the Cup not long afterwards.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:34 pm

btajim wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:

hahahaha
yes you did, you just wanted to look smart ;D
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:yes you did, you just wanted to look smart ;D

An anagram of your username is "i slow being."

Cheers.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:39 pm

btajim wrote:
Slim wrote:Please remind me of the away Stoke fixture, cause even after looking it up I still can't remember the fucker.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8510466.stm

1-1 in the League and they put us out of the Cup not long afterwards.

I read it, still can't remember it....fuck knows why I am drawing a blank on this one.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum