Aus pull out of 2018 bid

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Aus pull out of 2018 bid

Postby OliverHardy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:33 pm

breaking news
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Re: Aus pull out of 2018 bid

Postby ryanmjo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:44 pm

I guess they've been told 2018 is for sure going to Europe, so going all in for 2022 now. Should be the US v. Australia as the two front runners I would think?
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Can't see US getting it again so soon, although i suppose the whole place is as big as Europe, so probably fair. Qatar are also interested and it's never been to the middle east and i bet they could afford to put on something pretty special, certainly from the stadiums they were proposing.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Can't see US getting it again so soon, although i suppose the whole place is as big as Europe, so probably fair. Qatar are also interested and it's never been to the middle east and i bet they could afford to put on something pretty special, certainly from the stadiums they were proposing.

Absolutely, we had a thread not long ago that linked to [urlnp=http://worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.projectview&upload_id=14033]THIS[/urlnp] site which showed 5 of the stadiums that they are planning if successful. Can see them standing a very good chance of getting it in 2022
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby ryanmjo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Can't see US getting it again so soon, although i suppose the whole place is as big as Europe, so probably fair. Qatar are also interested and it's never been to the middle east and i bet they could afford to put on something pretty special, certainly from the stadiums they were proposing.

Good points. Though by 2022, it will have been 28 years since the US last had one, and only 20 since Asia had one. Plus the US offers the biggest stadiums, and thus the most money for FIFA.

Whoever gets it really won't surprise me though, when has FIFA ever made a sensible decision?
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Ah shit.

I would've been all over that like a rash, even if Ireland didn't qualify.

I suppose I'll have to hope England get it now. Can I stay at your place in 8 years?
Original Dub

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:30 am

Damn shame, WC fever gets football on everyones mind over here, bringing the whole f'n show would be a massive blow to the other so called "football codes".
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:34 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Damn shame, WC fever gets football on everyones mind over here, bringing the whole f'n show would be a massive blow to the other so called "football codes".

Yeah, the AFL wanting massive compensation and new facilities built for the use of their grounds would be awful. (On top of which they wanted the World Cup scheduled around the AFL season as well, gotta love the self-indulgent nonsense)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum