Rag Season Ticket Sales

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rag Season Ticket Sales

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:27 pm

john@staustell wrote:Quite right NQDP. Global brand/publicity means global support. Jim's constant reference to this 'working class support', as if City were the only club in that position, totally baffles me - and in any case you're going back at least to the 50s if not pre-war. Fans will come, just as they did at Scum, Arsenal, Chelsea.

I don't want to be told to mind my language.
I don't want to have to stand up sit down every 5 minutes because some Kid is hungry or thirsty or needs the toilet or wants to leave.
I don't want to be stuck next to people who know nothing about the Club because they're part-time at best.

Thankfully City are making a special Family Area plus Seasoncarding all the better bits of the Ground to ensure I'm free to be around my own.

Besides, I'd bet that there's Thousands of Blues who have got out of the habit of going to Matches who can be tempted back before David Student, Billy-Joe-Bob Yank and Guernsey_Blue get the Tickets.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:06 pm

btajim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Quite right NQDP. Global brand/publicity means global support. Jim's constant reference to this 'working class support', as if City were the only club in that position, totally baffles me - and in any case you're going back at least to the 50s if not pre-war. Fans will come, just as they did at Scum, Arsenal, Chelsea.

I don't want to have to stand up sit down every 5 minutes because some Kid is hungry or thirsty or needs the toilet or wants to leave.
I don't want to be stuck next to people who know nothing about the Club because they're part-time at best.

Thankfully City are making a special Family Area plus Seasoncarding all the better bits of the Ground to ensure I'm free to be around my own.

Besides, I'd bet that there's Thousands of Blues who have got out of the habit of going to Matches who can be tempted back before David Student, Billy-Joe-Bob Yank and Guernsey_Blue get the Tickets.

Fuck me! How many stereotypes can you repeat in one post.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john68 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Jim,
So what is your point about Middleton mate...It's not, nor ever has been in Manchester...Day tripper???....:-)
Common decency and self discipline should persuade you to mind your fucking language...in front of fucking kids...:-)
Standing up...and...sitting down is an issue of seating, not middle class newbies from Middleton etc.
Knowing about City increases with age and interest. Everyone has to start somewhere.

There is a bit of double standards Jimbo. At Hereford, weren't you the Jimbo student from miles away? Should you have been stopped watching them? ....Shame.

...and you accuse me of being romantic mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:34 pm

btajim wrote:

I thought the origin of our ongoing debate on this was that you said there aren't enough of us to start with to fill the ground? Glad you came round to my point of view!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Burt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:46 pm

john@staustell wrote:
btajim wrote:

I thought the origin of our ongoing debate on this was that you said there aren't enough of us to start with to fill the ground? Glad you came round to my point of view!

Touche..................and I rest my case Yer Honor. Well said that man:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:53 pm

john68 wrote:There is a bit of double standards Jimbo. At Hereford, weren't you the Jimbo student from miles away? Should you have been stopped watching them? ....Shame.

I'm yet to meet a Hereford United Fan who hasn't picked up my non-Wurzel accent and asked why I was stood on the Terrace at Edgar Street when I wasn't local. It was originally something to do in an otherwise lifeless City in the Westcountry and then became a BTA thing because we formed there. Same principle.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Burt wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I thought the origin of our ongoing debate on this was that you said there aren't enough of us to start with to fill the ground? Glad you came round to my point of view!

Wrong! City don't lack the support but people who stopped going for good need to be tempted back before we start putting on Coaches from Plymouth and Peterborough. It's the one thing we always mocked the RAGs for yet are now turning in to it ourselves.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 am

I'm with Jim on this. The club should interview every fan to see how hardcore they are with only the hardest being allowed to pass. Here are the rules. 1. Men only. 2. Over 35's only. 3. Had to have atteneded at leAst 20 games when we were in the second div. 4. Must subscribe to King Of The Kippax. 5. Must have been born in a Manchester hospital. 6. No glasses wearers as they would make us look a bit soft. 7. Must have lived within 10 mile radius of Maine Road ALL your life. as well as ensuring said radius was maintained when we moved to COMS.

Proper fans. Best in the world.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john68 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:34 am

dazby wrote:I'm with Jim on this. The club should interview every fan to see how hardcore they are with only the hardest being allowed to pass. Here are the rules. 1. Men only. 2. Over 35's only. 3. Had to have atteneded at leAst 20 games when we were in the second div. 4. Must subscribe to King Of The Kippax. 5. Must have been born in a Manchester hospital. 6. No glasses wearers as they would make us look a bit soft. 7. Must have lived within 10 mile radius of Maine Road ALL your life. as well as ensuring said radius was maintained when we moved to COMS.

That's both me and Jimbo out then Dazzler.
Would contact lenses count mate?

Hope you've been keeping up with your Manc Language studies.....This week's word...PUGGLE.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:20 am

btajim wrote:
Burt wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I thought the origin of our ongoing debate on this was that you said there aren't enough of us to start with to fill the ground? Glad you came round to my point of view!

Wrong! City don't lack the support but people who stopped going for good need to be tempted back before we start putting on Coaches from Plymouth and Peterborough. It's the one thing we always mocked the RAGs for yet are now turning in to it ourselves.

Why did these supposed masses stop going? Because we weren't succesfull. So basically we are talking about glory hunters then. Are they any better than Day Trippers? And do you think these people would actually make any difference to atmosphere for example? In fact, I think most of these people have families and weren't arsed about football as anything else but entertainment to begin with so you'd hear more "mind your language" than ever before.

Personally I don't think there are such masses that you just described. We didn't even always fill Maine Road for fucks sake. I think those Mancunians who we have any potential of drawing (excluding kids ie future generations) are more or less already going. I don't believe there are tens of thousands of +30 working class football enthusiastics who were unfairly pushed out. Sure one or two couldn't financially afford to take the whole family anymore but surely these people would've been back in tens of thousands when you could get cup tickets for tenner or even fiver. And even if there were such masses, what would you do to draw them in? Let them in for free?

I honestly think you are building a myth about people that really don't exist. Certainly not in numbers you imply. Also, I find this discussion funny as I myself with old school working class background and strong political allegiances have tendency to have maybe bit too rosy view about things, yet it's you, well known tory, who stand up for the supposed oppressed masses.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:47 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I honestly think you are building a myth about people that really don't exist. Certainly not in numbers you imply. Also, I find this discussion funny as I myself with old school working class background and strong political allegiances have tendency to have maybe bit too rosy view about things, yet it's you, well known tory, who stand up for the supposed oppressed masses.

Judge me not, Antti. I'm the Son of a Lorry Driver and a Secretary.

I'd hand the support over to Donny Come-Lately, Simon Plastic and Cory Hunter if City truly lost the nucleus of what originally made it ours. I'll walk for good once the original experience is gone.

Don't you only throw your weight behind the Club because your own original love in Finland went bankrupt?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 am

btajim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I honestly think you are building a myth about people that really don't exist. Certainly not in numbers you imply. Also, I find this discussion funny as I myself with old school working class background and strong political allegiances have tendency to have maybe bit too rosy view about things, yet it's you, well known tory, who stand up for the supposed oppressed masses.

I'd hand the support over to Donny Come-Lately, Simon Plastic and Cory Hunter if City truly lost the nucleus of what originally made it ours. I'll walk for good once the original experience is gone.

Don't you only throw your weight behind the Club because your own original love in Finland went bankrupt?

Not "only". I was already supporting City at the time. I "chose" City when I was seven. As Finnish season is played during the summer I had plenty of time to drool over City results during the winters. Having said that, you are right, my following became definitely more intense after my team went bankrupt when I was roughly 14. But it's hard to really compare the experiences. I think my support had lot to do with tradition of going to games with my dad who died shortly after.

So I definitely didn't start supporting City because of those events. Besides, all that seems so long ago that I can hardly remember it all anymore. City is like second skin, it just grows on you. And like I've said millions of times before, whether someone thinks I'm good enough supporter or not doesn't really interest me at all.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sandman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:42 am

dazby wrote:I'm with Jim on this. The club should interview every fan to see how hardcore they are with only the hardest being allowed to pass. Here are the rules. 1. Men only. 2. Over 35's only. 3. Had to have atteneded at leAst 20 games when we were in the second div. 4. Must subscribe to King Of The Kippax. 5. Must have been born in a Manchester hospital. 6. No glasses wearers as they would make us look a bit soft. 7. Must have lived within 10 mile radius of Maine Road ALL your life. as well as ensuring said radius was maintained when we moved to COMS.

Bugger... I dont read King of the Kippax, also I only wear reading glasses so I dont have them at the stadium, does that count?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:09 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
btajim wrote:

Not "only". I was already supporting City at the time. I "chose" City when I was seven. As Finnish season is played during the summer I had plenty of time to drool over City results during the winters. Having said that, you are right, my following became definitely more intense after my team went bankrupt when I was roughly 14. But it's hard to really compare the experiences. I think my support had lot to do with tradition of going to games with my dad who died shortly after.

So I definitely didn't start supporting City because of those events. Besides, all that seems so long ago that I can hardly remember it all anymore. City is like second skin, it just grows on you. And like I've said millions of times before, whether someone thinks I'm good enough supporter or not doesn't really interest me at all.

I actually started supporting City when I was 7 too, mainly because every cunt else at my school (in Oldham) was supporting SCUM (my dad was a rugby man). All that George Best/Charlton stuff made me vomit even at a very young age. My faith was rewarded almost immediately by winning the League!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby btajim » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Not "only". I was already supporting City at the time. I "chose" City when I was seven. As Finnish season is played during the summer I had plenty of time to drool over City results during the winters. Having said that, you are right, my following became definitely more intense after my team went bankrupt when I was roughly 14. But it's hard to really compare the experiences. I think my support had lot to do with tradition of going to games with my dad who died shortly after.

I do actually respect you and the hours you put in to follow Manchester City. You're also obviously keen to get to know other Fans and join the community as a whole. You're quite rare in some ways and are definitely a good enough Supporter.

My main criticisms will lie with those who suddenly turn up because they can watch Tevez play or put "Ka-bottled-it-Ka" on the back of their Shirts. There were "fuck off back to London" chants aimed at RAGs over the years yet that will become City if Tourists are showing up in their Hundreds to help fill the Ground.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john68 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:45 am

Wha-hey Antti, You have passed the Jimbo test. I bet you could (almost) smile at that...:-)

Jim, Quite seriously mate, you are going to have big problems in the very near future. Football, the Premier League moreso than others is a global entity and because of that, it attracts attention and spectators from all over the World. Just the fact that our profile has risen recently will mean that we are adding new fans worldwide already. Add to this, the fact that City are actively marketting the club globally and expanding its operations now on several continents in order to attract new fans (customers) and bigger and more lucrative business partners...and your nightmare of the future is already being forged.

Personally, I don't see it as a problem. We have to be viable to conform to the new UeFA finance rules and if we want to operate at the top level against those elite clubs, we have to afford it by increasing our business base....That my mate is a case of like it or lump it.

Maybe, for us it is a choice between our recent past of sitting next to a hardcore, long suffering Manc Blue as we fight off relegation again...or sit next to some guy on a day trip from Timbucthree as we lift one of those big silver pots that we have all dreamt of but never seen for far too long.

I respect you immensely Mate and it matters not a jot where you were born or where you live. I have often grabbed or been grabbed by, a total stranger next to me as City have scored, never once did i stop to ask for his City credentials first. I was always far too busy junping or skipping with delight.
john68

Postby Burt » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:56 am

paulh wrote:http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Glazers-shocked-as-Manchester-U***d-season-ticket-renewals-plummet-amid-talk-of-boycott-article453961.html

hope this is true. yet another arrow to throw to wide the morons up. 18,000 season tickets that is terrible!

So how many did the fuclers end up selling?
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 am

john68 wrote:Wha-hey Antti, You have passed the Jimbo test. I bet you could (almost) smile at that...:-)

PHEW!

It was a tough one!

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Haz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:36 am

Burt wrote:
paulh wrote:http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Glazers-shocked-as-Manchester-U***d-season-ticket-renewals-plummet-amid-talk-of-boycott-article453961.html

hope this is true. yet another arrow to throw to wide the morons up. 18,000 season tickets that is terrible!

So how many did the fuclers end up selling?

Yeah, that's what I want to know???
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:52 am

btajim wrote:My main criticisms will lie with those who suddenly turn up because they can watch Tevez play or put "Ka-bottled-it-Ka" on the back of their Shirts. There were "fuck off back to London" chants aimed at RAGs over the years yet that will become City if Tourists are showing up in their Hundreds to help fill the Ground.

Even teams in lower divisions have 'hundreds' of tourists going to games. Read interviews with people who arranged Wimbledon boycotts before the relocation- they were specifically going to the ground to encourage tourists/neutrals to go and sit with the away fans.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum