Rag Season Ticket Sales

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rag Season Ticket Sales

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:45 am

Jim's convinced we dont sell out, when in fact we will sell out just about every match this coming season - for home fans. Given up arguing with him that NOW is the time to plan your expansion for 2 or 3 years time. Hope he's not in charge of forward planning anywhere!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:33 am

john@staustell wrote:Jim's convinced we dont sell out, when in fact we will sell out just about every match this coming season - for home fans. Given up arguing with him that NOW is the time to plan your expansion for 2 or 3 years time. Hope he's not in charge of forward planning anywhere!

Every Match? Europe? Carling Cup? I hope you're not in charge of forward planning anywhere. Aren't you a Hotellier? Remind me never to stay at your place if you spend too much on milk and not enough on those little soap tablets you get.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that The COMS will have at least 1000 empty seats on average in the Home end after 2010/11 has finished. Our support is fickle. You should've seen how many empty seats there were at Upton Park on the last day of the season. A Bloke in the Pub had 4 spares because people couldn't be bothered to come.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby btajim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:35 am

john68 wrote:Jimbo,
Many of out present day hardcore fans started out as daytrippers. Taken by Dads or mates to their first game. Went for a nosey or to see what it was like and then over time, fell in love with the club and became real fans. New fans are our next generation mate. Does it matter how they get there or why they initially go? The deal is that they do and many stay.
Personally, I welcome them all. They are our future.

More reminiscing and romancing from a man who barely remembers what day it is. I do know that everyone started somewhere, John. That's generally the way things go. I meant more people coming along for a day out. Our support isn't as brilliant as we like to think it is - and you're only welcoming people with no connection to Manchester because your average Manc has been priced out of certain things. It's not the game of the working classes anymore. If I had any other commitments outside of City then I'd struggle to afford it.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:43 pm

btajim wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Jim's convinced we dont sell out, when in fact we will sell out just about every match this coming season - for home fans. Given up arguing with him that NOW is the time to plan your expansion for 2 or 3 years time. Hope he's not in charge of forward planning anywhere!

Every Match? Europe? Carling Cup? I hope you're not in charge of forward planning anywhere. Aren't you a Hotellier? Remind me never to stay at your place if you spend too much on milk and not enough on those little soap tablets you get.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that The COMS will have at least 1000 empty seats on average in the Home end after 2010/11 has finished. Our support is fickle. You should've seen how many empty seats there were at Upton Park on the last day of the season. A Bloke in the Pub had 4 spares because people couldn't be bothered to come.

League matches obviously Jim. Can't see why you're always so negative and blinkered on this one, when Chelsea used to get 20,000-odd in the early 90s etc. Even if we haven't got many fans as you insist, we aren't unique in that the base cannot grow, and grow quite quickly. Scum averaged 45,000 not that long ago. Arsenal much less.

You seem to think City is the only big-city club that just cannot grow.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john68 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:29 am

That was silly Jimbo, falsely accusing me of reminiscing and romanticising and then ironically doing just that yourself. That you consider there was ever a time that City crowds never had significant numbers of day trippers or that they were all good old working class Mancs and City fanatics is ridiculous.

When it was pay on the door and stand where you like, many people decided to go to the match at the last minute depending on what they were doing or who the opposition was.
There was a time when little rivalry existed and rags and Blues mixed readily at each others fixtures. The rags record crowds at maine Road was largely City fans watching 1st Division football while we were a 2nd Division side. Day trippers have been an integral part of football crowds for generations. Why would you want to discard them now?

The fact that City can draw crowds from further afield than Manchester is because of modern transport systems.
And do you consider that your City credentials to be superior to those from outside manchester such as Antti, Grob, Dazby, or other true Blues?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:00 am

john68 wrote:That was silly Jimbo, falsely accusing me of reminiscing and romanticising and then ironically doing just that yourself. That you consider there was ever a time that City crowds never had significant numbers of day trippers or that they were all good old working class Mancs and City fanatics is ridiculous.

When it was pay on the door and stand where you like, many people decided to go to the match at the last minute depending on what they were doing or who the opposition was.
There was a time when little rivalry existed and rags and Blues mixed readily at each others fixtures. The rags record crowds at maine Road was largely City fans watching 1st Division football while we were a 2nd Division side. Day trippers have been an integral part of football crowds for generations. Why would you want to discard them now?

The fact that City can draw crowds from further afield than Manchester is because of modern transport systems.
And do you consider that your City credentials to be superior to those from outside manchester such as Antti, Grob, Dazby, or other true Blues?

Modern transport systems, hey? Were there no Trains and Planes (and Automobiles) in the 1960's? That's the era you seem to want to live in.

If you met a group of Mansfield Town Fans then where are they likely to come from? Antti supported a Team from Finland before they folded and Dazby has City as his English side. I don't see the point with Grob, though. He's a local Boy living away. LIke me.

You haven't addressed my points about the cost of attending Matches now. A Dad and 2 Kids must be £80+ for a half decent day out. It's alot of money and not always affordable on an average salary earned in the North West.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sandman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 am

The Man In Blue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
btajim wrote:I understand Tickets at The Swamp are easier to get hold of now - but they're pimping them out via Coach trips from Plymouth, Peterborough anywhere else that isn't Manchester. It'll dry up.

Be patient, Guys. Be patient.

Already there are games when there are gaps around the place, Chumps League and cup games. The fabled waiting last has now gone apparently too. The interest is deffo sliding.

that's strange, most of the rags i know still can't get a ticket?

Thats a common excuse for rags who arent real football supporters and cant be arsed going but like the fashion statement of being a munich cunt, I know lads who have no problem getting tickets there, a mate of mine gave up his season ticket for work yet still goes to about 80% of games.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:56 am

sandman wrote:Thats a common excuse for rags who arent real football supporters and cant be arsed going but like the fashion statement of being a munich cunt, I know lads who have no problem getting tickets there, a mate of mine gave up his season ticket for work yet still goes to about 80% of games.

"I work funny hours" is one I used to hear. Football is regularly played on 5 days of the week and at many different times!

Or one person who admitted he'd rather spend his money on other things. What else is there to do apart from go to Football?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:37 pm

sandman wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
btajim wrote:I understand Tickets at The Swamp are easier to get hold of now - but they're pimping them out via Coach trips from Plymouth, Peterborough anywhere else that isn't Manchester. It'll dry up.

Already there are games when there are gaps around the place, Chumps League and cup games. The fabled waiting last has now gone apparently too. The interest is deffo sliding.

Thats a common excuse for rags who arent real football supporters and cant be arsed going but like the fashion statement of being a munich cunt, I know lads who have no problem getting tickets there, a mate of mine gave up his season ticket for work yet still goes to about 80% of games.

we need a "sarcasm" emoticon i think.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Jimbo, Stop being a tosser mate and address the issue.
Your romantic image of the past is still ridiculous...DAY TRIPPERS HAVE ALWAYS EXISTED. They have always made up significant numbers at games.
The transport issue = more car ownership, cheaper air travel, quicker journey times merely means that day trippers are able to come from further away.

If City are to compete on a World stage, you have to stop being a fucking parochial local in your thinking.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby sandman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
sandman wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:

we need a "sarcasm" emoticon i think.

Ha oops, didnt realise, you got me into a micro-rant there!!
sandman

Postby sandman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:25 pm

btajim wrote:Or one person who admitted he'd rather spend his money on other things. What else is there to do apart from go to Football?

Spend money on other things too?? I hate it when work shy bastards use the money excuse, I would rather spend my season ticket money on skanky hookers but I know my renewal is coming up at the end of every season so I have to work harder to pay for the diseased poontang as well!!
sandman

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:55 pm

sandman wrote:
btajim wrote:Or one person who admitted he'd rather spend his money on other things. What else is there to do apart from go to Football?

Spend money on other things too?? I hate it when work shy bastards use the money excuse, I would rather spend my season ticket money on skanky hookers but I know my renewal is coming up at the end of every season so I have to work harder to pay for the diseased poontang as well!!

In fairness, it wouldn't surprise me if people became priced out of The Swamp because they've got all that automatic Cup stuff, too. If they had a run in the FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League then the costs would soon mount up. But whilst there's Idiots to pay it then they'll charge it.

City could price Blues out of the Club - but if someone really wants to go then they'll find the money.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:00 pm

sandman wrote:Thats a common excuse for rags who arent real football supporters and cant be arsed going but like the fashion statement of being a munich cunt.

Couldn't have put it better myself. You've just reminded me why I detest them so much
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:09 am

john68 wrote:Jimbo, Stop being a tosser mate and address the issue.
Your romantic image of the past is still ridiculous...DAY TRIPPERS HAVE ALWAYS EXISTED. They have always made up significant numbers at games.
The transport issue = more car ownership, cheaper air travel, quicker journey times merely means that day trippers are able to come from further away.

If City are to compete on a World stage, you have to stop being a fucking parochial local in your thinking.

I live in the past?! LOL X10000....

"What do you think of Mark Hughes, John?"
"Malcolm Allison... Joe Mercer... Hitler invades Poland... Man invents wheel"

I assure you I was regularly on the 8.33am Hereford to Manchester train (got in to Piccadilly at 11.47am) when Joe Royle was in charge at City. It's only in the last few years that I've began to notice the change in our support. I'd hate for City to become a trendy Team because I thought we'd left that behind when Noel & Liam were swaggering around on stage.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john68 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:39 am

btajim wrote:
john68 wrote:Jimbo, Stop being a tosser mate and address the issue.

I live in the past?! LOL X10000....

"What do you think of Mark Hughes, John?"
"Malcolm Allison... Joe Mercer... Hitler invades Poland... Man invents wheel"

I assure you I was regularly on the 8.33am Hereford to Manchester train (got in to Piccadilly at 11.47am) when Joe Royle was in charge at City. It's only in the last few years that I've began to notice the change in our support. I'd hate for City to become a trendy Team because I thought we'd left that behind when Noel & Liam were swaggering around on stage.

See Jimbo, There you go again. I never mentioned the above personell...YOU DID.
If you have only just noticed the change at City, Maybe you should have taken a later train and been more awake mate.

I reiterate. I welcome all new City fans. without them, the ground will be empty in the future. That is FUTURE Jimbo.
When we are successful, gates increase. That's the way the mop flops. Some remain and so we evolve.
Where did you come from when you were a newbie?
We welcomed you...and you stayed. Now you're in, you want to shut the door.
john68

Postby btajim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:41 am

john68 wrote:Where did you come from when you were a newbie?
We welcomed you...and you stayed. Now you're in, you want to shut the door.

Middleton.

I don't recall a welcoming committee, either.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sandman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:05 am

btajim wrote:
sandman wrote:

In fairness, it wouldn't surprise me if people became priced out of The Swamp because they've got all that automatic Cup stuff, too. If they had a run in the FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League then the costs would soon mount up. But whilst there's Idiots to pay it then they'll charge it.

City could price Blues out of the Club - but if someone really wants to go then they'll find the money.

I totally agree, I couldnt ever stop going, i'd sell my car before give up my season ticket.
sandman

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:16 am

btajim wrote:
john68 wrote:That was silly Jimbo, falsely accusing me of reminiscing and romanticising and then ironically doing just that yourself. That you consider there was ever a time that City crowds never had significant numbers of day trippers or that they were all good old working class Mancs and City fanatics is ridiculous.

Modern transport systems, hey? Were there no Trains and Planes (and Automobiles) in the 1960's? That's the era you seem to want to live in.

If you met a group of Mansfield Town Fans then where are they likely to come from? Antti supported a Team from Finland before they folded and Dazby has City as his English side. I don't see the point with Grob, though. He's a local Boy living away. LIke me.

You haven't addressed my points about the cost of attending Matches now. A Dad and 2 Kids must be £80+ for a half decent day out. It's alot of money and not always affordable on an average salary earned in the North West.

I think John has a point though about you overromanticing the whole thing slightly. I mean, you make it sound like 99% of our crowds were flatcaps who've just finished their saturday shift in factory to get through the turnstiles. Manchester is modern City and while we, just like most football clubs, have strong working class support there's still thousands of middle class MANCUNIAN people going to the games with their families these days.

Football is expensive these days, there's no question about that, but we STILL have one of the cheapest tickets in Premier League.

"Day trippers" (weren't you one as well when you were living in London?) are another thing. We have big stadium that we have been barely able to fill. Certainly not in regular basis. And there are plans of expanding as well. Where do you think these extra supporters are going to come from? Whether you like it or not, the only place to get those extra crowds is outside the borders of Manchester. Whether you like it or not is another thing but that's the price you pay for competing against Chelsea rather than Mansfield Town. Unfortunately you can't have it both ways.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:25 am

Quite right NQDP. Global brand/publicity means global support. Jim's constant reference to this 'working class support', as if City were the only club in that position, totally baffles me - and in any case you're going back at least to the 50s if not pre-war. Fans will come, just as they did at Scum, Arsenal, Chelsea.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum