Rag Season Ticket Sales

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Rag Season Ticket Sales

Postby paulh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:32 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Gl ... 53961.html

hope this is true. yet another arrow to throw to wide the morons up. 18,000 season tickets that is terrible!
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Re: Rag Season Ticket Sales

Postby sandman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:02 pm

paulh wrote:http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Glazers-shocked-as-Manchester-U***d-season-ticket-renewals-plummet-amid-talk-of-boycott-article453961.html

hope this is true. yet another arrow to throw to wide the morons up. 18,000 season tickets that is terrible!

I wish it was true, but its the Mirror.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Rags fans won't boycott season tickets on principal & even if they did, tourists & touts would buy them.

They won't boycott them until we start regularly finishing above em & they regularly slip out of the top 4. THEN they'll boycott like fuck, whoever owns the club.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:05 pm

pretty sure they will have a lot more than 18,000 when monday comes round.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Chinners » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Thats some mighty fine bollox ... they will sell out no danger
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:13 pm

It will be a full house at the swamp,dont you worry.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:33 pm

I understand Tickets at The Swamp are easier to get hold of now - but they're pimping them out via Coach trips from Plymouth, Peterborough anywhere else that isn't Manchester. It'll dry up.

Be patient, Guys. Be patient.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby City1970 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Things must be getting worse for the old dears down at the swamp.

I was on the phone to sky the other week, messing about with my viewing package. And the woman at sky asked if I wanted to subscribe to MUTV.

I think I made her quite angry when I told her to f**k off!!.
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:43 pm

City1970 wrote:Things must be getting worse for the old dears down at the swamp.

I was on the phone to sky the other week, messing about with my viewing package. And the woman at sky asked if I wanted to subscribe to MUTV.

I'd have cancelled.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:49 pm

btajim wrote:I understand Tickets at The Swamp are easier to get hold of now - but they're pimping them out via Coach trips from Plymouth, Peterborough anywhere else that isn't Manchester. It'll dry up.

Already there are games when there are gaps around the place, Chumps League and cup games. The fabled waiting last has now gone apparently too. The interest is deffo sliding.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
btajim wrote:I understand Tickets at The Swamp are easier to get hold of now - but they're pimping them out via Coach trips from Plymouth, Peterborough anywhere else that isn't Manchester. It'll dry up.

Already there are games when there are gaps around the place, Chumps League and cup games. The fabled waiting last has now gone apparently too. The interest is deffo sliding.

that's strange, most of the rags i know still can't get a ticket?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City1970 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:55 pm

btajim wrote:
City1970 wrote:Things must be getting worse for the old dears down at the swamp.

I'd have cancelled.

I did think of it, but I would miss the documentary channel too much ;)
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby john68 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:32 pm

I don't know if that latest info is true or not but last season there were games at the swamp that didn't sell out, which must have been a shock to them as they always believed that they were oversubscribed by 10,000.
In the "grab a glory hunter" market, their stock does seem to have diminished and they seem to have fallen behind in the race to pick up the casual supporter.
It stands as a warning to us as we start to get into that market ourselves over the next few seasons.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:21 pm

john68 wrote:I don't know if that latest info is true or not but last season there were games at the swamp that didn't sell out, which must have been a shock to them as they always believed that they were oversubscribed by 10,000.
In the "grab a glory hunter" market, their stock does seem to have diminished and they seem to have fallen behind in the race to pick up the casual supporter.
It stands as a warning to us as we start to get into that market ourselves over the next few seasons.

It will never show on TV because it's akin to a Restaurant putting its first Customers by the window to show passing trade that there's people inside. No different to City not quite filling the 3rd tiers at Eastlands! U****d's destruction is like land being slowly eroded away by the sea. It's gradual.

The Green & Gold Scarf protest is ridiculous, too. Why would the Glazers give a toss when there's tickets sold, replica shirts being worn and Prawn Sandwiches munched by the paying crowd?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Vhero » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Ribbing rags about it anyways saying City selling more tickets than them this year lol
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Vhero wrote:Ribbing rags about it anyways saying City selling more tickets than them this year lol

Maine Road held roughly 33,000 and The COMS holds 45,000 Home Fans. It's a huge percentage of an increase for a Club and to expect the Ground to be full week in week out is a big ask. Not to mention the initial disappointment of that first season there etc.

I'd rather have a Ground where every single person there has earned a Ticket as opposed to an add on of 10,000 day trippers, tourists, randoms and people called Adam Teese. They probably can't afford to ban him, either. Chucking all that money around.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:51 pm

btajim wrote:
Vhero wrote:Ribbing rags about it anyways saying City selling more tickets than them this year lol

Maine Road held roughly 33,000 and The COMS holds 45,000 Home Fans. It's a huge percentage of an increase for a Club and to expect the Ground to be full week in week out is a big ask. Not to mention the initial disappointment of that first season there etc.

I'd rather have a Ground where every single person there has earned a Ticket as opposed to an add on of 10,000 day trippers, tourists, randoms and people called Adam Teese. They probably can't afford to ban him, either. Chucking all that money around.

I thought maine Road held more like 38,000?
Last edited by Dazzacity on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Fesan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:51 pm

btajim wrote:

But you would prefer the club make more money and thus can buy/get from academy better players right? More seats = more money = better team = more titles:-)
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Fesan wrote:But you would prefer the club make more money and thus can buy/get from academy better players right? More seats = more money = better team = more titles:-)

Let's just concentrate on getting 47,000 every week and tickets selling like available Beer at half time before we extend The COMS. It's moving in the right direction, though. The Family Stand Level 1 and the South Stand are now sold out to Seasoncard Holders.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john68 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:59 am

Jimbo,
Many of out present day hardcore fans started out as daytrippers. Taken by Dads or mates to their first game. Went for a nosey or to see what it was like and then over time, fell in love with the club and became real fans. New fans are our next generation mate. Does it matter how they get there or why they initially go? The deal is that they do and many stay.
Personally, I welcome them all. They are our future.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum