City/Valencia met yesterday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City/Valencia met yesterday

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:31 am

But dont get too excited. Although it seems strange that Llorente would be discussing an already-arranged friendly:

http://www.intergoles.com/noticias/la_l ... 13583.html

Manchester City are very interested in signing David Silva and, for this reason, their director general wanted to meet with Valencia. The visit was fixed for last week, but at the last minute it was postponed and it was yesterday when the English sat down with the directors of El Che, headed by Manuel Llorente.

Valencia report that the citizens didn't make a formal offer for the Canarian and that everything was in the form of 'staying in touch', as the teams will dispute a friendly in August and there are publicity details to be sorted, which is why the City marketing director was also present. But above all this minor affair is City's desire to sign Silva, on whom Valencia put a price tag of 35M euros.

Although the signing of the international wasn't advanced yesterday, it is certain that both teams have arranged to meet in the near future.

"El Manchester City está muy interesado en contratar a David Silva y, por ese motivo, su director general quería reunirse con el Valencia. La semana pasada fijaron una visita, pero a última hora la pospusieron y fue ayer cuando los ingleses se sentaron a la mesa con los dirigentes ches, encabezados por Manuel Llorente.

Eso sí, la entidad valenciana asegura que los 'citizens 'no realizaron ninguna oferta formal por el canario y que todo quedó en una toma de contacto, ya que ambas entidades disputarán un amistoso en agosto y debían cerrar asuntos publicitarios, motivo por el cual también estuvo en Valencia el director de marketing del equipo de Manchester. Pero por encima de este asunto menor está el deseo del City de llevarse a Silva, al que los ches tasan en unos 35 millones de euros.

Aunque ayer no se avanzó en la venta del internacional, lo cierto es que ambas partes se han emplazado para otra reunión en un futuro próximo"
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: City/Valencia met yesterday

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:43 am

David Silva is one of those players that I would love, but very fearful that his slight build might not work in the thuggery of the premier league.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 am

AS reckons we also asked them about midfileder Pablo Hernandez.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby irblinx » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:28 am

If they want 35m euros for Dilva snap their hands off City
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:48 am

irblinx wrote:If they want 35m euros for Dilva snap their hands off City

Robinho plus £10m should do the trick, They may be interested in RSC too having just sold that 7ft Zigic feller too.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Vhero » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:50 am

Robinho and Santa + 10 Million for Silva :) The savings in wages alone would be worth the transfer fund :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:03 am

Vhero wrote:Robinho and Santa + 10 Million for Silva :) The savings in wages alone would be worth the transfer fund :)

Except we would probably have to pay both their contracts out to leave. Robinho might be more straightforwards as its quite clear that he is agitating for a move, but RSC is on the biggest contract he will ever get, and I expect will stand his ground to get his contract paid up, as he doesnt seem all that arsed about playing games for us
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Return to The Maine Football forum