Vieria staying on...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Vieria staying on...

Postby french_tony » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:17 pm

For another year. Sorry if already posted.

From mcfc.co.uk
The club is delighted to confirm that Patrick Vieira will be staying with City after taking up the option of a one-year extension to his contract.

The veteran French midfielder moved to City on a six month deal in January, having previously worked with manager Roberto Mancini at Inter Milan.

He made 14 appearances for the Blues, scoring in the 6-1 win over Burnley at Turf Moor, and his experience is sure to prove to be invaluable next season when City seek to make progress both domestically and in the Europa League.

I don't really see the point. He had a couple of decent games but surely he is not what we are looking at to go to the next level?? I know we'll need a bigger squad next season but I was hoping to improve it not keep ageing players.
Undoubtedly a great in the game but for me is a shadow of his former self. Oh well, in Mancini we trust.
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Vieria staying on...

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:22 pm

Sweet devine.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Original Dub wrote:Sweet devine.

poppies. poppies. yr putting me to sleep brother.

[youtube]KnMa652dZ5E[/youtube]
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:28 pm

if mancini reckons he can do a job i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

still, doubt is the operative word.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:29 pm

We get rid of Sylvhino and we keep Vierira???..what the fuck for?

I said in the very begining he will not be up to the rigours of premiership football and he proved that time and time again.

It's nonsense to keep him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We get rid of Sylvhino and we keep Vierira???..what the fuck for?

I said in the very begining he will not be up to the rigours of premiership football and he proved that time and time again.

Because Mancini trusts him and he will be Mancini's man in the dressing room most probably.

I wasn't bothered when we signed Paddy and I still ain't. Wasn't bothered when we bought in Sylvinho either. In the great scheme of things who cares.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:22 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:We get rid of Sylvhino and we keep Vierira???..what the fuck for?

Because Mancini trusts him and he will be Mancini's man in the dressing room most probably.

I wasn't bothered when we signed Paddy and I still ain't. Wasn't bothered when we bought in Sylvinho either. In the great scheme of things who cares.

Non news event, he will be useful in the early rounds of the domestic cups and Europa league so as to not have de Jong or Barry run down later on.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:38 pm

I've had a tenner on Messi, followed by Torres and Silva for our next signings. Shows how much I'm ITK!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby SORTED » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm very very suprised with this decision.

I thought it was the most indebted club in the world that was collecting geriatrics and not the world richest?

I just hope it doesn't hinder the emergence of any of our youngsters... or worse still point to the fact that mancini still wants to play every game with 3 defensive midfielers!
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:56 pm

SORTED wrote:I'm very very suprised with this decision.

I thought it was the most indebted club in the world that was collecting geriatrics and not the world richest?

I just hope it doesn't hinder the emergence of any of our youngsters... or worse still point to the fact that mancini still wants to play every game with 3 defensive midfielers!

It's like retaining the services of Spencer Prior.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Grob » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Hopefully he'll be more consistant then next season. Showed glimpses of the old Vieria last season but he also looked out of his depth in some matches.

I think we could do better but ill trust Bobby on this one.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Twobob » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Aparently it is because we have a new TV contract with LivingTV, Most Haunted are covering reported ghost sightings in Eastlands ...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Just got to have faith in the manager
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:36 pm

To be honest, I think he brings a lot to the squad on the training ground as well as the pitch. I was well against his move to us due to him only playing around 10 games whilst with Inter, and I think he only started 2, but we did see a bit of the old Vieira once he got himself fit. Hopefully with a full pre-season he'll be up to his best, taking his age into account, and help the team grow as a unit.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Lee_Kinda » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 pm

We don't need Sylvinho......we still have Danny Mills don't we? ;)
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:42 pm

Lee_Kinda wrote:We don't need Sylvinho......we still have Danny Mills don't we? ;)

No mate, I think Thaksin buried him with the crystals and globes; good man that Thaksin was!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

rubbish - far as i know Prior never won a world cup. or a european championship. or the premier league. or the FA cup. or serie a etc.

Mancini obviously trusts him. so we give him another season.
The Man In Blue

Postby Chinners » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:49 pm

The only reason for him being retained that I can see is to pass on his knowledge and experience to the younger players, who ironically, will have their progress halted by him. I'd have kept Sylvinho before him tbh but it ain't my call .... sadly
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:49 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

rubbish - far as i know Prior never won a world cup. or a european championship. or the premier league. or the FA cup. or serie a etc.

so because Mancini trust's him then that makes it all ok?

Alright then tonto.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

so because Mancini trust's him then that makes it all ok?

Alright then tonto.

listen - you may have not seen the villa game - he can deffo still do a job at times.

remember, we have a (hopefully) long and gruelling season ahead. we will need the bodies, and someone with the experience of Vieira will doubtless come in handy.

ffs it's not like we are paying 15mil for the guy.
The Man In Blue

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum