Vieria staying on...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieria staying on...

Postby edge275 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:10 pm

I think Vieira will surprise a few people next season. I don't know why but I have faith in him.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby dazby » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:12 pm

I thought he was a poor signing last season. However, I think he will come in handy this season for the Europa Cup matches where the tempo will be slower. I would expect him to dominate those matches.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:25 pm

dazby wrote:I thought he was a poor signing last season. However, I think he will come in handy this season for the Europa Cup matches where the tempo will be slower. I would expect him to dominate those matches.

How the fuck do you come to that conclusion?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Generally disappointing I'd say. And I don't especially trust in Bobby on this one.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dazby » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:59 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:I thought he was a poor signing last season. However, I think he will come in handy this season for the Europa Cup matches where the tempo will be slower. I would expect him to dominate those matches.

last season the mind was willing but the 40 year old body wasn't able. The slower tempo of the Europa cup games will allow him the time and space to work his magic. Simple.

Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:05 am

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

last season the mind was willing but the 40 year old body wasn't able. The slower tempo of the Europa cup games will allow him the time and space to work his magic. Simple.

Mate - just because we are in the Europa league, that dfoes'nt mean the teams we will play are going to play in slow motion !

For me the Italian league is slow and he could'nt get a game there could he?

Anyway, as I have said, the decision has been made.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:53 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Mate - just because we are in the Europa league, that dfoes'nt mean the teams we will play are going to play in slow motion !

For me the Italian league is slow and he could'nt get a game there could he?

Anyway, as I have said, the decision has been made.

Carl, i'm being honest here, should we cut off his head/Tower of London torture chamber shit for Paddy? Or for Dazby if he's wrong about him?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Grob » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:46 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Piss funny to see some people who have made shitloads of excuses for Santa Cruz going mental for free signing.

Theres rumours of Santa being sold currently but im sure if Mancini comes out and says Roque's going nowhere we'll have a thread where we can all go on about how Santa Cruz is Danny Mills 2 etc
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:47 am

Grob wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Piss funny to see some people who have made shitloads of excuses for Santa Cruz going mental for free signing.

Theres rumours of Santa being sold currently but im sure if Mancini comes out and says Roque's going nowhere we'll have a thread where we can all go on about how Santa Cruz is Danny Mills 2 etc

Well, I suppose you don't have to be Mystic Meg to predict that but truth is.....he IS new Danny Mills.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:58 am

Grob wrote:

Except that there are reports from the Peru camp that Santa is finally free from injury and does indeed appear to be playing well in his country's warm-up matches for the world cup.

Maybe we'll get a new man in July?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Grob » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:06 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Grob wrote:

Well, I suppose you don't have to be Mystic Meg to predict that but truth is.....he IS new Danny Mills.

Maybe. He cost to much, is overpaid, and injury prone.

I think if they both stay fit, Santa Cruz and Vieria could be both useful role players next season but if we are starting them on a regular basis (PV espec), I will begin to wonder whats going on.

If we sign another striker though, I think Santa will be off, probably on loan.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:11 am

Grob wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Grob wrote:

Maybe. He cost to much, is overpaid, and injury prone.

I think if they both stay fit, Santa Cruz and Vieria could be both useful role players next season but if we are starting them on a regular basis (PV espec), I will begin to wonder whats going on.

If we sign another striker though, I think Santa will be off, probably on loan.

Nope - can't see it unless we sign 2 more strikers. 3 strikers wasn't enough even without a WAFFA campaign, as they all spend too much time out and Tevez was overworked at times. Guidetti might get promoted of course, that is possible.

No way Vieira and Santa will be first choice but handy in the squad (if they make the 25!).
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:07 am

john@staustell wrote:
Grob wrote:

Except that there are reports from the Peru camp that Santa is finally free from injury and does indeed appear to be playing well in his country's warm-up matches for the world cup.

How do Peru know about his general well being?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:09 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Grob wrote:

spies in the Paraguay camp?
The Man In Blue

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:20 am

The Man In Blue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Grob wrote:

spies in the Paraguay camp?

They take their spying very seriously, they aren't even in the tournament.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:29 am

Slim wrote:They take their spying very seriously, they aren't even in the tournament.

masters of forward planning them Peruvians.
The Man In Blue

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:04 am

The Man In Blue wrote:
Slim wrote:They take their spying very seriously, they aren't even in the tournament.

masters of forward planning them Peruvians.

Waiting them out for the Copa America next year. They won't know what hit them.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum