Spain Squad - WC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Spain Squad - WC

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:52 am

john@staustell wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:noticeable that torres and villa didn't play together again. that's why i don't see barca signing torres

when i did my predictions, i ended up with a spain v england final. can't see us handling their movement, but capello could certainly do a job on them

There's only one reason Torres didn't feature as first choice (apart from the fact it's a meaningless warm-up) and that's because he's just coming back to full fitness from a serious operation and a period of not playing. Only a lunatic would risk him full-on at this stage.

Villa and Torres up front is first choice, no doubt at all!

If it was a choice between them, I'm sure Villa would get picked though. Just compare their caps/goals.
That's the scary thing, they can play with 5 of the best midfielders in the world with Villa upfront and if that doesn't work out they just bring on Torres for Alonso/Fabregas/Xavi/Iniesta/Silva.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:26 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:They are clear favorites and rightly so - best team they have ever had imo.

When could we meet them?

If we win our group/they win theirs, we would meet in the semi-finals.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:19 am

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:They are clear favorites and rightly so - best team they have ever had imo.

When could we meet them?

Thanks.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ant london » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:16 am

[youtube]Iaj_9lK0Nzg&feature=related[/youtube]

HAHAHA.....I'd rather England be knocked out before they get the chance to humiliate us!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Vhero » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:20 am

ant london wrote:[youtube]Iaj_9lK0Nzg&feature=related[/youtube]

HAHAHA.....I'd rather England be knocked out before they get the chance to humiliate us!

They really did make it look easy.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:08 am

Slim wrote:

When could we meet them?

Final isn't it?
Fidel Castro

Postby ryanmjo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
Slim wrote:

When could we meet them?

Final isn't it?

If both win their group, they can't meet until the final.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Vhero wrote:
ant london wrote:[youtube]Iaj_9lK0Nzg&feature=related[/youtube]

They really did make it look easy.

i watched the whole game on TV. and the made it look easy all through the game. Poland are not very good but they ddint play badly all the time, they just couldnt get in the game. Better teams and defences will be more difficult to break down but the overall keeping of the ball and fluidity is scary.
Oh and by the way they had no problems whatsoever with the new ball!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby petrov » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:25 pm

theres something about this spanish side, which old spanish sides didn't have. Theres a confidence and an authority about them, reminds me of late 90's France. They're no longer bottlers and I can't see anyone taking them this tournament. More than likely we'll see them meet the Argies in the semi's which could be a test if Maradonna doesn't fuck up, possibly Portugal in the last 8. None of the teams their scheduled to meet are physical and all will try and play them at their own game. I done the predictor a few times and find it hard not to see a Spain vs Holland or Spain vs England final. Of those teams only England with their best 11 fighting fit have the physicality to beat them but its unlikely.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:55 pm

ryanmjo wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
Slim wrote:

When could we meet them?

Final isn't it?

If both win their group, they can't meet until the final.

I swear we went through this on my mates chart and there is side skipping and England would meet Spain in the semi-final, but I have seen the opposite that says final.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:02 pm

i had a look at that.. and tbh couldn't be bothered with all the runners up permutations.. however if Spain win their group. and England also top their group then they wouldn't meet at all... as it wouldn't be until be the final.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:10 am

That Spain squad on paper looks stronger to me than the Barca squad.Its all hypothetical cos its unlikely that they would ever play each other.
However that says to me the people who say international football is not as good as the standard served up in the CL for example dont give international footy enough respect
Personally I think the standard of footy served up in the WC final will be higher than anything the CL or FA cup for example would produce.
I prefer the WC final to the CL final.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Scorchio » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Forwards, midfield superb.

Arbeloa is the same player who was at Liverpool. Capdevila aint pulling up any trees. Puyol is about 90. Pique is decent. Their defense is average, very average.
Scorchio
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Rag_hater wrote:That Spain squad on paper looks stronger to me than the Barca squad.Its all hypothetical cos its unlikely that they would ever play each other.
However that says to me the people who say international football is not as good as the standard served up in the CL for example dont give international footy enough respect
Personally I think the standard of footy served up in the WC final will be higher than anything the CL or FA cup for example would produce.
I prefer the WC final to the CL final.

Well it'll have to buck up a bit because so far in this WC it's been terrible. And so have some past finals.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum