Wednesday's Football Gossip

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's Football Gossip

Postby btajim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:53 am

Chinners wasn't logged in at the time of posting.

TRANSFER GOSSIP:
Chelsea are set to release midfielders Joe Cole and Michael Ballack on free transfers. The club rejected Cole's pay demands and will not be renewing his contract when it expires at the end of June. Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester United and Liverpool are all interested.
Full story: The Independent

New Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho is contemplating a surprise move to bring Ballack to Spain.
Full story: Daily Mail

Chelsea are preparing a £25m bid for Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is lining up a move for Germany playmaker Mesut Ozil, with the Gunners considering a £12m bid for Werder Bremen's 21-year-old.
Full story: www.caughtoffside.com

Robinho's representatives will officially tell Manchester City next week that the £32.5m British record signing no longer wishes to play for the club under coach Roberto Mancini.

Robinho's camp has expressed a desire to move to Barcelona, with Manchester City possibly offering the Brazilian in a swap deal for midfielder Yaya Toure.
Full story: The Guardian

The agent representing Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta says the Italian will be heading to Tottenham this summer.
Full story: The Sun

West Ham co-owner David Gold says England goalkeeper Robert Green is up for grabs this summer. The 29-year-old's contract expires next year and Gold revealed: "At this stage we are not going to have talks with him about a new deal."

Rafael Benitez's first move when he is finally unveiled as Inter Milan manager will be to return to England and his former club Liverpool in an attempt to take Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano to the San Siro.

West Ham have had a £2m bid for defender Onyekachi Apam rejected by Nice.
Full story: The Times (requires subscription)

Arsenal defender William Gallas is wanted by Greek side Panathinaikos.

Fulham are close to completing the signing of Standard Liege striker Dieumerci Mbokani for a fee of £8m.

Aston Villa lead a long list of clubs wanting to sign winger Martin Petrov, who has been released by Manchester City. Everton, Stoke, West Ham and Bolton are also interested in the 31-year-old.

Barcelona president Joan Laporta is "totally sure" the Catalan club will sign Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Italian club Fiorentina are weighing up a £3.5m bid for Liverpool's 21-year-old left-back Emiliano Insua.

Blackburn and Sunderland are set to battle it out for the signing of Stoke forward Tuncay.(Daily Mirror)

Rangers have lined up a £500,00 move for Lens striker Toifilou Maoulida.
Full story: Daily Record

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway is mulling over a bid for Wolves striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, even though the 24-year-old only managed two goals in the 2009/10 campaign.

Tottenham are preparing an improved £8m offer for Ipswich's England Under-17 international Connor Wickham.

OTHER GOSSIP
Liverpool will make a formal approach for Fulham manager Roy Hodgson to become their new manager within the next 48 hours.

However, Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish has put himself forward to take over at Liverpool and has withdrawn from the panel to select the next boss. (Daily Express)

England manager Fabio Capello wants to hold talks with Wayne Rooney to tell the Manchester United striker to curb his temper.

Former England skipper Terry Butcher says if he was a United States defender he would "belt" Rooney in order to wind him up.

England's players have told Capello that they want David James to be the number one goalkeeper during the World Cup as they feel his communication skills are better than his rivals.
Full story: Daily Star

The Finnish Football Association is trying to stop their national boss Stuart Baxter joining new Celtic manager Neil Lennon at Celtic Park.
Full story: Daily Record

AND FINALLY
United States players had a pep talk from Commander Dan Jollota, the helicopter pilot who inspired the film Black Hawk Down, ahead of their opening World Cup game against England on Saturday.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: Wednesday's Football Gossip

Postby btajim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:54 am

Chelsea are set to release midfielders Joe Cole and Michael Ballack on free transfers. The club rejected Cole's pay demands and will not be renewing his contract when it expires at the end of June. Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester U***d and Liverpool are all interested.
Full story: The Independent

He seems to divide opinion amongst Football Fans - but I've had Joe Cole here in seconds. Really useful option.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Vhero » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:48 am

Barcelona president Joan Laporta is "totally sure" the Catalan club will sign Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Lets hope they do as without Fabregas Arsenal will struggle to stay in top 4 this season coming.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:57 am

It's called soccer.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby btajim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:23 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:It's called soccer.

That term always reminds me of Green Street. That documentary on the East End of London.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Chinners » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:08 pm

EXTRA BOLLOX
Manchester United and Manchester City target Henrique Ganso not in talks with Real Madrid
Representative quashes earlier quotes as fake...
The agent of Santos starlet Henrique Ganso has branded claims the player favours a move to Real Madrid as fake.
Ganso, 19, has emerged as a star player in Brazil and had been linked with a move to Manchester United and Manchester City. Quotes had appeared from 'agent' Sabatino Durante that the midfielder - who was part of Brazil's 30-man provisional squad for the World Cup - was likely to move to the Spanish capital rather than the Premier League.
Speaking to reporters today, however, Diogo Kotscho scotched the talk and stated he was Ganso's real representative.
Kotscho said: "We do not know this man at all, and, of course, he has no authorisation to speak on behalf of the player."
Manchester City have already secured first refusal until August 4 when Robinho's loan to Santos expires. United are also believed to be in the chase to secure Ganso's signature.

The race is on to sign Manchester City winger Martin Petrov with Aston Villa, West Ham and Everton all linked.
City have told the Bulgarian that he will not be offered a new deal at Eastlands and is free to leave and that has alerted a host of clubs who would all be interested in taking the player who cost City £4.7m when they signed him from Atletico Madrid back in 2007.
He has found first team football difficult to come by in the past couple of years and was not a regular under either Mark Hughes or successor Roberto Mancini.
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has also been linked and it would appear Petrov has the pick of half the Premiership with Stoke, Bolton and Blackburn all registering an interest but Villa boss Martin O'Neill is hoping to steel a march on his rivals and land the player

WAG OF THE DAY
http://italy.theoffside.com/wags/wag-of ... relli.html

Manchester City & Tottenham Hotspur chasing Palermo ace Edinson Cavani
Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini is ready to allow Edinson Cavani to experience Premier League football after claiming both Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur are chasing the Rosanero striker.
Cavani, who is currently in South Africa for the World Cup with Uruguay, is being tracked by a number of teams including Inter, but it seems the Premier League duo are at the forefront of developments.
"I can see Cavani as doing really well in England. His physical characteristics suit the Premier League," the chief told Rete Rete 24.
"Both Manchester City and Tottenham are on him."
Uruguay take on France in their first Group A clash on Friday at the Green Point Stadium in Cape Town.

MERCHANDISING BOLLOX
The 2009/10 campaign was memorable on many levels as the Blues broke one Premier League club record after another.
There were fantastic goals, individual brilliance and breathtaking matches along the way with all the key moments captured on the new club DVD, plus plenty more.
More goals, points and victories were secured than ever before as the Blues attempted to gate-crash the traditional Premier League ‘Big Four’- only to agonisingly miss out in the final week of the campaign.
Enjoy the thrilling victories over Chelsea, the dramatic home wins over Arsenal in the League and Carling Cup and the breathless Carling Cup semi-finals with Manchester United.
Carlos Tevez and Craig Bellamy were two players whose skill and composure continually lit up the Premier League last season and you can enjoy their sizeable contributions again at your leisure.
The DVD includes plenty exclusive interviews with Roberto Mancini, members of the first-team, Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak and comedian Jason Manford.
Priced at £15.99, it's the perfect gift for Father's Day - order your copy online or pick it up from the City Store.

Bolton Wanderers loanee Vladimir Weiss hopes to silence doubters at World Cup
Slovakian international Vladimir Weiss believes the World Cup will give him the ideal opportunity to put his critics in their place.
The 20-year-old winger, who joined Wanderers in January on loan from Manchester City, is well aware that being the son of coach Vladimir has led to accusations of nepotism
But Weiss is determined to enjoy his South Africa experience and the upcoming games against world champions Italy, Paraguay and New Zealand in the group stages.
He told Bolton News: “There are a lot of people on the internet, or wherever, saying that I shouldn’t be in there but there are also a lot of people who support me.
“There are a lot of haters, I suppose you call them, but I just try and get on with my football.
“Being a Slovak, this could only come around once in your career, so there are a lot of people who wanted to try and get in the squad, and a lot of opinions.”
Weiss had struggled to find regular football with the Whites until the closing stages of the season, and he admits his lack of match time had him worried about making the squad.
“I have been trying to keep sharp for Slovakia and doing extra in training,” he said.
“But I had spoken to my dad and he was a bit frustrated that I wasn’t playing regularly.
“I got back in at the end of the season and did okay, so now I can’t wait. It will be one of the highlights of my career.”

FINAL FULL FAT PREMIER LEAGUE MONEY MATTERS BOLLOX
Despite claims that the Premier League is in dire straits with its finances and wages are spiralling out of control. An in depth look into Deloitte’s report actually shows the Premier League is running rather well.
Firstly the Premier League’s turnover sits at an incredibly £2 billion. If we compare that with Italy’s Serie A or Spain’s La Liga, there is a £500 million gap in revenue. La Liga and Serie A are currently turning over somewhere in the region of £1.5 billon. In order to compete at the highest level the Premier League has put good use to this high revenue, by giving the players more money. Now to the average man on the street that sounds atrocious. Part of me takes his point too, but stick with me and I shall give you reasons why it’s working.
Firstly why is the Premier League arguably the best league in the world? Well one of the main reasons is the quality of players. The best players in the world play or wish to play in England. This isn’t because they want to enjoy the Manchester rain. It’s money. It is sad it has got to this, but it’s where we are at so we should accept it. The rise in dominance of the Premier League in the Champions League is all down to the increase in wages. The Premier League with its massive turnover can now spend much more to secure the best talent in the world.
I haven’t heard many fans complaining at the standard of football in the Premier League recently. That’s because it is the best in the world. The best things cost money. Furthermore if the Premier League is turning over £2 billion a year I would rather see the majority of that money in the pocket of the player rather than the fat cats sat upstairs. The players are the game. They create every goal, tackle, pass, free kick and corner that makes us coo so obediently. Their talent is a rarity and in the market rarity breeds value.
What also must be remembered is that the 67% of all turnover being spent on wages by Premier League clubs is not too alarming when compared to the continent. France and Italy both have higher ratios in the 70% region of wages to turnover. Spain is currently running at 67% also. So compared to the rest of Europe the Premier League is not haemorrhaging money on wages at ridiculous rates. In fact we are less than rivals. The Premier League’s profit last season was £79 million. Serie A produced figures of £116 million in the red and France’s Ligue 1 £64 million. So next time you hear Platini telling us how the English games finances need sorting out, tell him to look in his backyard first.
Ignore his and Sepp Blatter’s attempts at bringing in a fair play system in finances. It’s not revolutionary and will do little to change or help the game. If anything it’s bad for the fan and doesn’t create more competition. The basic idea would be that clubs could only spend in line with their revenue rates. So who would be able to spend the most money on players and salaries? Erm Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. They currently have the highest revenue streams in the UK. Lots of change there then for competition. Additionally and more worryingly for the fan, clubs may increase ticket prices, merchandise, etc in order to raise their revenue streams so they could spend more money. That idea is really not helpful for football.
So where could we cut some money out of football and give the clubs some breathing place? You don’t have to look at the players. It’s agents. I came across an amazing statistic yesterday that 36% of all transfer money in 2008/09 in the Premier League went into the pockets of agents. That totals to £80 million. For myself I find that more shocking than the players wages. The Premier League has come into stick for running at only £79 million profit considering the £2 billion turnover. Get rid of agents or minimise their earnings to double that instantly. The £80 million drain on clubs over transfers could make substantial savings. I don’t understand that if a player is bought by a Premier League club for £10 million why a chaperone has to be paid £2-3 million?! Let’s eradicate that from our game first and foremost to save some money.
There are some worrying numbers in the Deloitte report, particularly for the Championship and Football League who are running at wages being a staggering 90% and 80% of turnover respectively. The Football League needs to take steps to bring this down. The Premier League on the other hand is still healthy and providing some of the best football in the world. Long may that continue. The problems seen at Liverpool, West Ham and of course Portsmouth are nothing to do with players wages, it has been the complete mismanagement of finances by the owners. Portsmouth’s staggering wage bill doesn’t come from player’s demands, they should have signed less players or individuals whose wage demands would have sat with their budgets.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Vhero » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Funny with all that money in the premier league in this country and yet we in England probably see less England premier league games than any other country (that has a sports channel of course) in the fucking world its a joke.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Chinners » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Vhero wrote:Funny with all that money in the premier league in this country and yet we in England probably see less England premier league games than any other country (that has a sports channel of course) in the fucking world its a joke.

Er, thats why they have the money otherwise most grounds would be half full
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:40 pm

AND FINALLY
U***d States players had a pep talk from Commander Dan Jollota, the helicopter pilot who inspired the film Black Hawk Down, ahead of their opening World Cup game against England on Saturday.

Well that's England fucled then. Throw the towels lads. Yr finished. Have you read the book or seen the movie?

[youtube]mr_9hpVi9Ns[/youtube]
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Not gossip, [urlnp=http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/June/Patrick-Vieira-agrees-new-one-year-deal-with-Manchester-City]FACT![/urlnp]
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chinners » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:59 pm

EVENING BOLLOX
Manchester City are reportedly about to complete the signing of Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure from Spanish giants Barcelona.
After competition for places increased at the Camp Nou last season, primarily thanks to the outstanding form of Sergio Busquets, Toure has been looking for a move away from the Catalan capital and last week his agent confirmed that the 27-year-old had agreed a move to a Premiership club.
It now seems that Yaya Toure will join his brother Kolo at Eastlands.
However, negotiations over the transfer fee are still ongoing with City bidding just short of Barcelona’s valuation which is rumoured to be around £30m.
Toure, who is currently in South Africa, joined Barcelona from Monaco for £7.5m in 2007 and his agent claims the asking price is vastly inflated:
“It seems to me too much money. His club have shown they want him to leave, it’s not normal that they’re asking for this amount.”
But with City in the fray, Barcelona could well get the significant cash supplement needed to finance a successful move for Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas.

MCFCforum.com speaks exclusively with Ricky “The Hitman” Hatton
You name it, Ricky Hatton has won it; WBU, WBA Light Welterweight Champion and WBC, WBA, WBO Inter-Continental Light Welterweight Champion – not to mention the two-time IBF and IBO light Welterweight Champion – and today we at MCFCforum are proud to speak to him exclusively.
MCFCforum.com: Welcome Ricky, and thank you for taking the time to talk to us, we know your time is very limited, and so, without much further ado, let’s get straight on with the first of ten quick-fire questions. What is your earliest memory of being a City fan?
RICKY: Going to the derby with my Uncle Ged; I was about 10, and city won 5-1

MCFCforum: Who are your favourite City players, pasts and present?
RICKY: Past: Colin Bell, and, Present: Carlos Tevez

MCFCforum.com: Which players would you like to see us sign this summer? And if we improve the squad, how well can we do next season, in your opinion?
RICKY: Torres for one, and with the right players I think we could be in the Champions League

MCFCforum.com: Which is your favourite City goal, and favourite City match of all time?
RICKY: Ian Bishop’s header in the 5-1 derby of 1989

MCFCforum.com: What would you say has been your best win so far in your professional career? And what has been your biggest disappoinment or regret?
RICKY: My best win without doubt was against Kostya Tszyu. My biggest disapointment was not becoming the number one pound-for-pound fighter in my fights with Pacquiao and Mayweather

MCFCforum.com: How is it that even after becoming World Champion, and earning vast amounts of money, that you have managed to keep your feet very firmly planted on the ground?
RICKY: I have a good family and good friends around me.

MCFCforum.com: I understand that Roberto Duran was one of your main boxing heroes, what qualities made his style of fighting so appealing to yourself?
RICKY: I liked the fact that Duran was an exciting fighter who fought everybody from lightweight through to super middleweight; he was a people’s champion.

MCFCforum.com: You are already fast establishing yourself as a successful promoter, are their any fighters at your gym who we should keep an eye out for?
RICKY: Yes, I have some good champions and some great prospects coming though; look out for Scott Quigg from Bury – super bantamweight; Martin Murray from Saint Helens – middleweight; and the massive 6’ 8” heavyweight from Sheffield, Richard Towers. They are all unbeaten and potential champions.

MCFCforum.com: Living or dead, You may invite five people to a dinner party; who would you invite and why?
RICKY: Ozzy Osbourne, Muhammad Ali, Roberto Duran, George Best and Jack Nicholson, because they would have some great stories, and I’m sure we would have a laugh.

MCFCforum.com: And finally Ricky, rumour has it that you were interested in appearing in a reality TV show, and it has previously been mooted in the tabloids that you might appear on the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing. Of course top boxers are not unfamiliar with this as your previous opponent Floyd Mayweather Jr appeared in Dancing With The Stars in the USA, and Joe Calzaghe appeared in the last series of Strictly, so is their any truth in this rumour?
RICKY: I dont recall ever saying that I would like to be on Strictly Come Dancing; I have been offered it and turned it down in the past.

We would like to thank Ricky for taking the time out of his extremely busy schedule to talk to us today, and we here at MCFCforum.com wish him all the best for the future. We would also like to thank bluemooner_mcfc for setting this up for us.

Transfer Tavern Bollox
Manchester City appear to be having some sort of jumble sale. The odds and ends include Bulgarian mafia hit-man look-a-like Martin Petrov, Benjani – who, if he had a technicolour dreamcoat, would only have one purple patch – and Meals on Wheels candidate Sylvinho.
Believe it or not, Petrov has six (yes, six) clubs stalking him. Tottenham are peering through the window from the tree, Everton are in his closet, Stoke and West Ham are behind the curtains, Bolton haven’t managed to find his address yet, and Martin O’Neill has found himself locked in his bathroom.
Blackburn, meanwhile, are making every effort to tranquilize Benjani. Not a hard task, you would think.
Arsenal have, not unreasonably, put their defence in the shop window this summer. Sol Campbell, Mikael Silvestre and William Gallas are all reportedly out of contract. Campbell is expected to go hyperborean – Celtic to be specific, as long as Arsene Wenger remains unaffected by Sol’s pleas to stay. Gallas, now 32, may be tempted by a move to Greece, assuming Panathinaikos can lend money off the European Union to pay his wages. And Silvestre, well, the French defender is determined to leave the club, but exactly who will take him off Arsene’s books is anyone’s guess.
Could you care for Mikael Silvestre? Give Arsene a call.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:57 am

If I were Slovak I'd be slightly worried with Weiss' attitude. Boy is 20 and thinks this will be only time in his career he'll get to World Cup! Considering there will be at least three more qualifying campaigns for world cup in front of him if, as expected, he ends up having good professional career that's quite a losers mentality if you ask me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:00 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:If I were Slovak I'd be slightly worried with Weiss' attitude. Boy is 20 and thinks this will be only time in his career he'll get to World Cup! Considering there will be at least three more qualifying campaigns for world cup in front of him if, as expected, he ends up having good professional career that's quite a losers mentality if you ask me.

Maybe he doesn't think he'll get in when his dad is retired and he's playing for Oldham?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:05 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
AND FINALLY
U***d States players had a pep talk from Commander Dan Jollota, the helicopter pilot who inspired the film Black Hawk Down, ahead of their opening World Cup game against England on Saturday.

Well that's England fucled then. Throw the towels lads. Yr finished. Have you read the book or seen the movie?

[youtube]mr_9hpVi9Ns[/youtube]

My mate is a military encyclopedia and the stuff he knows about all things military is fucking astounding, so I take his word for it when he says that almost all of the people depicted in the movie Black Hawk Down have been jailed by the military for rape, murder and dealing drugs. I guess as a motivational speaker for Americans going into Africa, you have really put some thought into that choice.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum