City lift at Manchester airport

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City lift at Manchester airport

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Really cool idea, looks good.The lift has been transformed to give the impression of being in a platinum box at coms.Great advertisement.

http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2010/06/0 ... -phd-north
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: City lift at Manchester airport

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:02 am

My gawd you can tell that guy works in marketing: "We wanted to communicate the luxury and elegance of the Platinum Box experience, and with 20-30 seconds of dwell time, a targeted, high quality business audience, the business lounge lift space was perfect for enabling us to connect with this time poor audience."
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ant london » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:09 am

Dameerto wrote:My gawd you can tell that guy works in marketing: "We wanted to communicate the luxury and elegance of the Platinum Box experience, and with 20-30 seconds of dwell time, a targeted, high quality business audience, the business lounge lift space was perfect for enabling us to connect with this time poor audience."

Hmmmm yeah but what do you expect

Don't think the club would be paying him much for a press release that said "awww yeah man, the new boxes at Eastlands are fuckin TOP!" do you??
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Vhero » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:17 am

Good idea I like how we are thinking outside the box on stuff like this I cannot wait to see we come up with this season with major advertisements as beating the "welcome to Manchester" poster gonna be hard to beat in terms of impact.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:32 am

WOW

A lift with some stickers in it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:52 am

Vhero wrote:Good idea I like how we are thinking outside the box on stuff like this I cannot wait to see we come up with this season with major advertisements as beating the "welcome to Manchester" poster gonna be hard to beat in terms of impact.

Surely with it being a confined space in a lift, we have been thinking 'inside' the box. If it was on the outside only the lift engineers would see it presumably. That would seem a bit of a waste of time.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:12 am

Anyone still of the opinion that the club are really looking after the "man of the street" and keeping the heart of the club?

The corporate recruitment policy and medium term strategy is to fill the ground with more people willing to part with money at the stadium and directly to the club either via corporate or family activities and fans who come out of the club shop laiden with official products.

I predict the "typical fan" who gets to the ground 5 mins before kick off and leaves 5 mins before final whistle to get back into the local pub will, in a few years, be limited to one section of the ground as they will not be spending enough at the ground to warrent their seat.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Anyone still of the opinion that the club are really looking after the "man of the street" and keeping the heart of the club?

The corporate recruitment policy and medium term strategy is to fill the ground with more people willing to part with money at the stadium and directly to the club either via corporate or family activities and fans who come out of the club shop laiden with official products.

I predict the "typical fan" who gets to the ground 5 mins before kick off and leaves 5 mins before final whistle to get back into the local pub will, in a few years, be limited to one section of the ground as they will not be spending enough at the ground to warrent their seat.

You make a great deal of sense.

But on the other hand, of course garry cook is doing a SUPERB job. Anyone can see that. Lift interiors at Ringway are natural priorities for a football club - who cares about fucking long-term season ticket holders up the brown star with a prize leek?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:05 pm

If and when i get pushed out so be it,it wont stop my support of the club.

It's going to be a sad day but im one of the in and outers at Eastlands,maybe buy a pint or program sometimes so will be fucked off at some point.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 pm

ant london wrote:
Dameerto wrote:My gawd you can tell that guy works in marketing: "We wanted to communicate the luxury and elegance of the Platinum Box experience, and with 20-30 seconds of dwell time, a targeted, high quality business audience, the business lounge lift space was perfect for enabling us to connect with this time poor audience."

Don't think the club would be paying him much for a press release that said "awww yeah man, the new boxes at Eastlands are fuckin TOP!" do you??

That's not you by any chance? Or is it your time of the month??
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:06 am

I would really like it if we went big on advertising at all the main arrival points to Manchester - service stations, train stations and particularly the airport - really hitting in the face that we are the team of manchester - all these tourists arriving to go to the swamp will not be able to avoid the message

The lift idea seems quite cool - I also love the Tevez poster - more of this please CITY

BTW not able to understand how such a thread can lead to some anti-Cook outpouring??

We all worry about the Platini regulations on spend against turnover - we all love the way the Sheik provides investment for us - we salivate at the plans for the academy and the stadium - is it hard to understand that there is a need for the club to grow revenues to make all this sustainable? That is his job and he seems to be doing it quite well.

That said, I agree that the long term supporters need to be looked after as a priority - but as a SC holder I have to say that I have only seen things at the ground improve and I welcome all these plans for CITY street etc
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ant london » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:56 am

Dameerto wrote:
ant london wrote:

That's not you by any chance? Or is it your time of the month??

I am indeed manstruating at the moment

I don't get all the bollocks towards Cook and "pushing the ordinary fan" out stuff. Sad fact is that we can't have it both ways. If we want to mix it with the big boys and stay there then there has to be a shift in how the club generates income.

Personally (although seeing this currently from afar) I can see overall only positives in what they have done

a - reconfiguring the location of supporters so everyone who wants to be rowdy can be together and those with families/kids can choose to be away from them is something that most have wanted (well definitely the first part) for several seasons. Although it has led to some people having price hikes and has split up or inconvenienced other groups it is overall a very positive change.

b - offering the cheap season ticket, surely cannot be a bad thing and, although limited in number, it gives access to City matches on a ridiculously cheap basis

c - ramping up the service (and consequently pricing) in the "expensive" parts of the stadium (be that boxes, exec level seating or what have you). Essentially trying to cream the extra revenue from those who can afford to pay it or are more willing to pay more. Don't see what is wrong here as doing this essentially enables the "normal" parts of the stadium with lower revenue per punter to stay viable as they are counterbalanced by the surpluses generated here.

Ultimately I don't think that people like LAHAD and the "ordinary" fan will get pushed out. I know plenty of "normal" reds who have maintained season tickets throughout the prawn sandwich revolution. Sure it costs a lot more....but then they have umpteen trophies that they have seen won since that revolution began. I'm sure they're not all that pained by it.

A capacity increase is what is definitely required in the next few years. Ramp up the number of corporate/high profit seats but keep that in proportion to an increase in normal seats. If the club does that I don't think anyone has grounds for complaint personally
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Return to The Maine Football forum