Out of contract and out the door

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Out of contract and out the door

Postby btajim » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:49 pm

ant london wrote:
btajim wrote:One of Sven's best signings, though.

agreed

Corluka?
Last edited by btajim on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Wooders » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:53 pm

btajim wrote:
ant london wrote:
btajim wrote:One of Sven's [strike]best[/strike] only good signings, though.

agreed

Corluka?

Are you disagreeing with yourself?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby ant london » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:54 pm

btajim wrote:
ant london wrote:

agreed

Corluka?

He was a good signing but it baffles me why we ever let him go so easily.....so he was a judas

Ergo...bad signing ;-) haha
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:03 pm

ant london wrote:
btajim wrote:
ant london wrote:

agreed

Corluka?

He was a good signing but it baffles me why we ever let him go so easily.....so he was a judas

Ergo...bad signing ;-) haha

Geo, cost nothing to sign, scored a couple, set up a couple, made an impact off the bench a couple of times. Not bad result to outlay ratio there.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BobKowalski » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:36 pm

I always thought that Garrido for a measly £1.5m wasn't bad for the money either. Never going to be great but useful as a squad player.

I also liked what Sven did for the GK's promising a set number of matches before making his decision which he did and then opting for Hart. I remember at the time everyone banging on at him to buy a goalie but giving Hart a run was a good decision long term and didn't work out so bad in the short term given we scraped a 9th place finish.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Grob » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Benjani, Sylvinho and the youngsters were not up to it im sure we can all agree.

Petrov is a good player but we can afford better. Injury prone, poor defensivly and a bit of a fanny. He gave us some good moments though so ill remember him fondly.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Grob wrote:Benjani, Sylvinho and the youngsters were not up to it im sure we can all agree.

Petrov is a good player but we can afford better. Injury prone, poor defensivly and a bit of a fanny. He gave us some good moments though so ill remember him fondly.

if he were to beat us with a late winner wearing those Gloves i would be sad, but i can't see that happening.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Redna » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:38 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Grob wrote:Benjani, Sylvinho and the youngsters were not up to it im sure we can all agree.

if he were to beat us with a late winner wearing those Gloves i would be sad, but i can't see that happening.

cheers

I'm with you on that one. The green house effect is on the rise, isn't it? ;)
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Shame about Sylvnho. Not a surprise though. Benjani had already been considered gone. Petrov being booted is the only good bit of news I've had on a particularly depressing day. Huzzah!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby btajim » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Slim wrote:Geo, cost nothing to sign, scored a couple, set up a couple, made an impact off the bench a couple of times. Not bad result to outlay ratio there.

Geovanni was little than an impact player (showpony) who scored a deflected Goal in the Derby, though. He was soon let go of. He may have been free - but if his wages were really high then it's money that could've gone to 2 other Players. I couldn't tell you where he's playing now. Still at Hull? I genuinely have no idea.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Not surprised they are all packing up and moving on.No loss really to see them go.
Enjoyed watching Petrov play he was magnificent on his day and he scored some great goals, a good player for us pity he started to suffer with injury.
Sylvinho was a good squad player to have around and i like him as a player but his best days are well behind him.
As for Benjani a qualified disaster of a signing but his goal and celebration against the rags is the memroable moment of a very poor contribution with city.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:01 pm

i spoke to karl moore on msn and was hoping he would make it, and then i could say when he is in the first team i spoke to him on msn.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:53 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:i spoke to karl moore on msn and was hoping he would make it, and then i could say when he is in the first team i spoke to him on msn.

Who you gonna stalk now then?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby dazby » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Lord Kippax tells a great story about Petrov which I have sought permission to share. Now that he's leaving the club it's time to reveal the goss.

The day we played Barcelona Petrov at the team hotel gets all huffy and declares "I want to talk to Mark Hughes NOW!!" Both Leslie and Petrov's agent are summonsed and they gesture to find a private room to have a discussion. Leslie says " you want to talk about things, you do it right here." So after 45-60 mins of stuffing around organising the 3 decide to sit down in the hotel lobby to thrash out their grievances. "I want a guarantee from you that I'll start more games this season," declares Petrov. Mark Hughes stands up, says "Well, work harder," and walks back to his room leaving the two. hehe

Postscript to this story. Check the respective reactions after the goal is scored:
[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JrDbhVU0kY8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JrDbhVU0kY8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Kippax also has a story about Petrov and another not swimming with the rest of the team during that period. If you are his facebook friend look for the photos.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Rigsby definitely had delusions of grandeur and was never the same after his first injury.

Sylvinho - I'm sure he was 36 when he came and now he's 35. Worth a Hollywood movie.

Benjani - hopeless, but remembered for the shoulder goal, the value of which shouldn't be under-estimated
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:24 am

Hughesy what a joker.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Haz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:25 am

Wooders wrote:I assume that Vieira is staying then ?

I read somewhere a while back that he's been offered a new one year contract. Think it was on the OS?
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:45 am

Haz wrote:

I read somewhere a while back that he's been offered a new one year contract. Think it was on the OS?

We have a one year option which at this point we haven't taken up.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:50 am

Slim wrote:
Haz wrote:

It was mentioned that he played enough games that triggered the clause in his contract to automatically give him another year.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:02 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Slim wrote:
Haz wrote:

It was mentioned that he played enough games that triggered the clause in his contract to automatically give him another year.

Getting your info from bluemoon again? Can't find it on any news or the official site.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum