Confession: I Don't Really Like World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Confession: I Don't Really Like World Cup

Postby Socrates » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm

btajim wrote:
Socrates wrote:If stating an opinion ruins a thread then the thread must be pretty weak. But this thread contains the ultimate proof that Dr Samuel Johnson was right on the mark...

An opinion that you like to state again and again and again at any given opportunity? You've ruined the last two St George's Day threads with your antagonism and pseudo-intellectual views. I had hoped that the latest incarnation of your Politics Forum would keep you quiet with all this rubbish - but it apparently failed within months.

Have you made any friends in Denby Dale yet? So tolerant of other peoples views...

Oh, the irony. On all counts...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby 9secondlegend » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:33 pm

i used to love the world cup as a kid and watched loads of games then as i got older would go out and watch as many games i could in the pub.
but now i just cant get excited by it even though city have probably more players in the world cup than any other time.
and also going back to the original post it does my head with everyone going on about who go on about who is going to win and who is the best team.
for example i was down south this weekend and talking to a bloke in a pub and he was saying he reckons argentina will win it. i asked him why and he said well messi up front is great so i asked him what there defence was like and he didnt have a clue and could only name 1 other player. guess who ?...tevez. but he isnt what he used to be , apparatly , and wont get a game. i was a bit taken back by this and asked why and he told he plays for man shitty. this was a fully grown man of around 40 years of age saying man shitty.
i was pissing my self at him and he didnt know why.
oh and also vidic plays for france.
and his bird was horrible.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby gillie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:49 pm

I love the World Cup but if annoying know nowts do your head in down the pub do what i do stay in and watch it plus its cheaper for your ale.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby HeyMark » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:50 pm

I love the world cup, there's nothing like it! So many games coming at you! The atmosphere in the bars is always brilliant! Love it!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:52 pm

gillie wrote:I love the World Cup but if annoying know nowts do your head in down the pub do what i do stay in and watch it plus its cheaper for your ale.

I may be guilty of some spelling mistakes in my haste to make a post, or reply to a thread...........but what the fuck was that ,that you wrote?

I did'nt understand a fucking word of it !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Socrates » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
gillie wrote:I love the World Cup but if annoying know nowts do your head in down the pub do what i do stay in and watch it plus its cheaper for your ale.

I may be guilty of some spelling mistakes in my haste to make a post, or reply to a thread...........but what the fuck was that ,that you wrote?

it said;
'I love the World Cup but if you find that the people in the pub, that don't know what they are talking about, are bad for your mental state then stay home and watch it there and you will also save money on the price of beer."

Hope that helps O Patriotic One.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Socrates wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

it said;
'I love the World Cup but if you find that the people in the pub, that don't know what they are talking about, are bad for your mental state then stay home and watch it there and you will also save money on the price of beer."

Hope that helps O Patriotic One.

Yes it did..thankyou.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 pm

I fookin love the WC_ The only part I hate about it is all these 'too cool for school' tossers that feel the need to rebel against the masses all of the time. i.e- 'everyone is enjoyin themselves , so Ill be a miserable fooker just to be different..

So what if it brings the clueless bunch out!! they just want to get behind their nation. Im sure we all take an interest when England are doin well in Rugby, Cricket etc...You dont have to talk to these people ! Just have a giggle to yourself and enjoy the occasion ..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby french_tony » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Love the world cup, after all its a month of the best players in the world playing each other. Whats not to love?!
Cant wait to see Argentina in this comp, on paper that team makes me do a sex wee, I just hope they are not shite because of that drugged up twat incharge of them.

I'll support England, especially this year as their are City players in the side for a change, however I would take City winning the league cup over England the world cup anyday.
It is also easier now that smackhead has been ruled out. I don't think I could stomach him being remembered like Bobby Moore if we did win it.
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

And you call yourself a Manc lad shame on you.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:33 pm

I can get as involved in the England matches as the next drunk, but everything before and in between on telly drives me stark staring bonkers:

And Dawson is on his way to the airport
We're live watching Dawson get on the plane
And Dawson is getting off the plane
He's actually on his way to the England camp
Live - HES ARRIVED, HES ACTUALLY ARRIVED!
Rooney is going to the toilet
SWP has a slight indentation on his right forefingernail.

Absolute bollox all of it.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 am

gillie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

And you call yourself a Manc lad shame on you.

Yes I am a manc..but I come from the posh part of Romily and we spoke proper manc - Patrick comes from the council estate on the other side of where I lived.
He understood your post.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:02 am

94 world cup was a god send to me as a boy as Australia has been average at the best of times when it comes to coverage. After a few yrs of highlights once a week and some serie A, the world cup was a joy for me.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CityGer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:38 am

The world cup is the dogs nuts. I absolutely love it and can't wait.

It's especially pleasing for me as the jocks are on full bitter mode at the moment and I love winding them up. Lot's of Maradona 86 tops on show and ABE (Anyone But England) T-Shirts, they just don't get how pathetic it all is.

I don't understand how anyone who likes football can't appreciate the world cup, as for hating it.....baffling.

Roll on Friday and Saturday night!
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:13 am

CityGer wrote:The world cup is the dogs nuts. I absolutely love it and can't wait.

It's especially pleasing for me as the jocks are on full bitter mode at the moment and I love winding them up. Lot's of Maradona 86 tops on show and ABE (Anyone But England) T-Shirts, they just don't get how pathetic it all is.

I don't understand how anyone who likes football can't appreciate the world cup, as for hating it.....baffling.

i've got all my English mates here in the States riled up with all my trash talk...it's fun.

i can hardly find an American around who isn't excited about it. Every four years it gains more and more attention and fanfare in the US. Good times. Plus HD coverage on ESPN of literally every match. Solid.

Also, i have been drinking and just ordered a chicken shwarma with some extra garlic sauce...and i had a beautiful nordic girl hitting on me/rubbing against me all night at the bar. Hate? i can't even understand it in my current state.

cheers, fuclers.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:26 am

Thabk God there is the WC. You can't imagine how much it helps me to get through the bloody wait of the new season. Used to absolutely love it anyway when I was a bit younger. I even loved all the hype and building up to the WC, bought all kinds of stupid stuff like hats, oversized glasses just to be part of it somehow and to have fun with mates.. Now I'll watch most games I can but I ain't gonna make my schedule run around the games like I do when City play.
Gonna be a great excuse to get out of the house and spend time with friends rather than being trapped with missus. ;o)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby btajim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:46 am

24/7 Football Fans looking down on those who only get excited about supporting their Country in the World Cup are trying to make Football an exclusive thing. i.e. "I saw Kings Of Leon before they were famous."

Snobbery has no place in Football. Leave that to Rugby Union.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Slim » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 am

btajim wrote:24/7 Football Fans looking down on those who only get excited about supporting their Country in the World Cup are trying to make Football an exclusive thing. i.e. "I saw Kings Of Leon before they were famous."

I look down on the tourist fans who spout on like they know every little fucking thing when they know shit all. The tourists who pay their money, wear their shirt and cheer the team on are as welcome as you'd be.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:35 am

btajim wrote:24/7 Football Fans looking down on those who only get excited about supporting their Country in the World Cup are trying to make Football an exclusive thing. i.e. "I saw Kings Of Leon before they were famous."

I did see the Kings of Leon before they were famous...And The White Stripes.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby ant london » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
CityGer wrote:The world cup is the dogs nuts. I absolutely love it and can't wait.

i've got all my English mates here in the States riled up with all my trash talk...it's fun.

i can hardly find an American around who isn't excited about it. Every four years it gains more and more attention and fanfare in the US. Good times. Plus HD coverage on ESPN of literally every match. Solid.

Also, i have been drinking and just ordered a chicken shwarma with some extra garlic sauce...and i had a beautiful nordic girl hitting on me/rubbing against me all night at the bar. Hate? i can't even understand it in my current state.

cheers, fuclers.

I am just upset that the EGyppos didn't qualified....I was going to quite enjoy winding them up! Now the fuckers are all supporting Enguuuurrrrland as we have got Algeria.....no fun.

My bird is half German and half Australian so some good detested teams to poke fun at at home.

I got the shitting USA in our sweepstake at the club though which is annoying.

I can't wait for the world cup....all you lot who don't like.....well, it's unsurprising who is in that camp. Tedious miserable cunts ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum