Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 am

Winter warmer for the VIP Manchester City fans at Eastlands
Roberto Mancini won’t be the only one in the hot seat at Eastlands next season after Manchester City unveiled plans for £1.5million-worth of ground improvements.
The heat will be turned up on fans who fork out for the best vantage point, following a trend-setting scheme to install thermostatically-controlled leather seating in the VIP areas and directors’ box.
Executive combination: Ricky Hatton will benefit from new changes to his VIP box at Eastlands next season
Eager to become the seat of power on the pitch, City appear to be following a similar philosophy off it, with their blueprint for upgrading an area that already generates millions of pounds in revenue each season.
Winter warmer: City will give away replica Mancini scarves to VIP fans
Boxer Ricky Hatton and City first-teamers Carlos Tevez and Shaun Wright-Phillips are already subscribers to the section, immediately in front of the ‘platinum’ boxes, and can now look forward to frost-free viewing for themselves or guests, no matter how hard winter bites next season.
City are also laying a new pitch, equipping their ground staff with top-of-the-range lawnmowers and offering Mancini-style retro scarves as part of a special matchday package, in an initiative intended to strengthen their reputation as an emerging force.
‘Just as we are committed to developing the best talent and football, we are developing the best stadium around,’ said City’s head of sales David Chell.
‘We are clear about our ambition to challenge the top-table clubs in Europe and create new standards. The new seating will be the first of its kind in the Premier League, possibly in Europe.’
MCF.NET THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=32898

EVERTON boss David Moyes is ready to join the race for Manchester City’s ­£4million-rated defender Nedum Onuoha.Sunderland have already tabled a bid for the England Under-21 star, who could be squeezed out of Eastlands with the arrival of more new faces this summer.
And the Goodison chief will make a move for the home-grown prospect, who can play right-back or centre-half, if he is given any encouragement by City or the player.
Onuoha would still love to carry on with his boyhood team, but Black Cats boss Steve Bruce sees him as a vital piece of his ­defensive jigsaw and is also close to landing Argentinian right-back Marcos Angeleri.
But Onuoha would seek talks with Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini to thrash out his future before making any ­decision.
He was in and out of the team after the appointment of Mancini in December, but the signing of Jerome Boateng from Hamburg pushes him down the pecking order.
The City star has risen through the ranks and may finally move on despite various clubs trying and failing to tempt him away in the past.

Manchester City have made fresh inquiries about Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko.
City, who maintain a strong interest in Valencia's David Silva and admire Lazio left back Aleksandar Kolarov, rate the 20-year-old France international highly.
Nothing Toulouse: Moussa Sissoko has long been tracked by Premier League clubs
He was watched closely by Tottenham last season before they switched to cheaper alternative Sandro but he is keen to move after the World Cup.
City met with Sissoko's representatives in Paris last week and are weighing up a bid as they sift through a list of targets. Lyon are also interested.
City hope to agree a deal to finally sell striker Valeri Bojinov to Parma on Tuesday.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to offer Harry Redknapp his pick of three players to tempt the Tottenham boss into selling talented attacking midfielder Luka Modric. CaughtOffside.com

Stoke boss Tony Pulis has lined up an £11m bid for Spurs striker Roman Pavlyuchenko - and is on the verge of signing Hull defender Steven Mouyokolo. Daily Mirror

Ipswich are ready to increase their offer in order to land Cardiff striker Michael Chopra for a fee of just over £4m. Daily Mail

Bolton are poised to make a £2.5m move for Real Madrid's young left-back Marcos Alonso. Daily Mail

Birmingham City have entered the race to sign Hamilton midfielder James McArthur and are to revive their interest in Liverpool's Ryan Babel. Daily Mail

West Bromwich Albion are facing competition from Italian club Udinese to sign Sunderland's Hungarian international goalkeeper Marton Fulop. Daily Mail

Tottenham have contacted Juventus with a view to signing striker Vincenzo laquinta, according to his agent. Footylatest.com

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is interested in making a summer move for AC Milan striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. CaughtOffside.com

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thestonecoldlock.com/the-sto ... e-bundchen

Tottenham are lining up a bid for Borussia Dortmund's highly rated centre-back Neven Subotic this summer. CaughtOffside.com

Yaya Toure's agent claims the Barcelona and Ivory Coast midfielder could be part of a deal to take Arsenal star Cecs Fabregas to the Catalan club. Daily Mirror

Arsenal are interested in Danish international Simon Kjaer and Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani, both of Serie A side Palermo. CaughtOffside.com

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has refused to rule out possible bids for Liverpool's Steven Gerrard and Arsenal's Fabregas. Footylatest.com

Rangers have targeted Honduras World Cup striker Georgie Welcome in a summer transfer raid as the hunt for the new Kris Boyd intensifies. Daily Mail

Tottenham manager Redknapp has admitted he does want Joe Cole and wants to sit down with the Chelsea and England midfielder after the World Cup about a possible move to White Hart Lane. Footylatest.com

Co-owner Tom Hicks has scuppered at least two 'perfect fit' offers for Liverpool because of his unreasonable asking price.Daily Mirror
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:55 am

EXTRA BOLLOX
Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano hopes Rafael Benitez will attempt to bring him to the San Siro if the Spaniard is confirmed as Inter Milan boss. CaughtOffside.com

Toffees boss Moyes is interested in Wolfsburg playmaker Zvjezdan Misimovic and hopes to lure the Bosnian international from the Bundesliga side this summer. CaughtOffside.com

Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack is wanted by several sides in Dubai. The Guardian

Sheffield United are preparing an offer for Stoke goalkeeper Steve Simonsen. Daily Mail

Bolton boss Owen Coyle is prepared to break the bank to land Manchester City winger Martin Petrov. (Daily Star)

West Ham have joined the race to sign Hull midfielder Jimmy Bullard. (Daily Express)

Stoke want to bring in more firepower and are keen on recruiting West Ham striker Carlton Cole. (Daily Star)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:57 am

£4M for Ned? Hmmm, lemme think about that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 pm

Slim wrote:£4M for Ned? Hmmm, lemme think about that.

Thats a no from me aswell.
Everyone accuses us of over paying for players,well cunts were not mugs fuck off if you want our players you pay the going rate.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Chinners wrote:EVERTON boss David Moyes is ready to join the race for Manchester City’s ­£4million-rated defender Nedum Onuoha.Sunderland have already tabled a bid for the England Under-21 star, who could be squeezed out of Eastlands with the arrival of more new faces this summer.
And the Goodison chief will make a move for the home-grown prospect, who can play right-back or centre-half, if he is given any encouragement by City or the player.
Onuoha would still love to carry on with his boyhood team, but Black Cats boss Steve Bruce sees him as a vital piece of his ­defensive jigsaw and is also close to landing Argentinian right-back Marcos Angeleri.
But Onuoha would seek talks with Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini to thrash out his future before making any ­decision.
He was in and out of the team after the appointment of Mancini in December, but the signing of Jerome Boateng from Hamburg pushes him down the pecking order.
The City star has risen through the ranks and may finally move on despite various clubs trying and failing to tempt him away in the past...

What he means is grovel on his hands and knees while apologising for shooting his mouth off on live TV.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:41 pm

if we sign Moussa Sossouka i hope we get a side of Dolma and some Ouzo with that as well.

also, olives? come on. Just sayin.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:if we sign Moussa Sossouka i hope we get a side of Dolma and some Ouzo with that as well.

also, olives? come on. Just sayin.

Fuck me i wish we had a like button.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:59 pm

WAGES ON THE UP
Wages at Premier League clubs have shown a worrying 11% leap to £1.3billion overall, according to an annual report of football finance.
Business analysts Deloitte's report claims the rise is a concern because wages last year accounted for 67% of the turnover of all 20 clubs - a notable increase after a decade where the proportion had stayed between 58% and 62%.
Experts believe the change could pose a problem to the English top flight with UEFA's new rules saying that from 2012 clubs in European competition will only be allowed to spend what they earn.
The clubs' wage bill rose by £132million over the previous year and Dan Jones, director of Deloitte's Sport Business Group, said that should act as a warning - especially in the light of Portsmouth being forced into administration by over-spending.
Jones told Press Association Sport: "The wages increase is definitely something people should be concerned about, and that will be even more the case when the UEFA initiatives are in full swing.
"This report clearly shows there is an issue there to be dealt with.
"The revenue story is still very positive and has proved resilient to the recession but the clubs have to get costs under control."
Reliance on 'sugar daddies' such as Manchester City's Sheikh Mansour is also increasing.
The report states: "A model of profit maximisation is now pursued by a very limited number of clubs and, whilst some clubs seek to break even on a consistent basis, the emerging norm for many Premier League and Championship clubs appears to require significant ongoing benefactor support.
"As such we appear to be seeing a continuing shift from a sustainable 'not for profit' model towards one with potentially calamitous consistent and significant loss-making characteristics."

Robinho’s representatives will meet Manchester City next week to discuss his exit, according to the player’s agent.
Evandro de Souza also confirmed that his client would love to play for Barcelona, after he was linked with a swap deal to take Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Eastlands.
The Brazilian fell out of favour with Roberto Mancini last season and was shipped out to Santos on loan.
The Manchester side have been in negotiations with Barca over the prospective signing of Yaya Toure as well as Swedish striker Ibrahimovic and reports in Spain have suggested Robinho could be thrown into any deal with the Catalan side to reduce their asking price.
The former Real Madrid player has expressed his desire to make his loan deal with Santos permanent but the Brazilian side are unlikely to be able to afford City’s demands.
De Souza told Spanish newspaper Sport: “Any footballer in the world would love to play for a club like Barca.
“The relationship between Robinho and the board at Manchester City is very good, although it's true that there are some problems with the coach, Roberto Mancini.”
After grabbing a brace in Brazil’s 5-1 thrashing of Tanzania, Robinho’s agents will be deep in discussions with his current club while Brazil embark on their World Cup campaign.
"We have a meeting with City on the 16th. I will travel to Manchester with Gilvan de Souza (Robinho's father) and we will look at the situation with Robinho.
"We know that City are looking for a club for Robinho. There will be no quotes (from Robinho, at the moment).
"Robinho is focused on winning the World Cup and fighting for the Copa do Brasil (with Santos),” he said.

Lazio president Claudio Lotito has stated left back Aleksandar Kolarov is not for sale despite interest from Manchester City and Real Madrid.
Kolarov, 24, has established himself as one of the best defenders in Serie A and is also a capable goal threat from set pieces. His displays are reported to have caught the eye of several clubs.
Speaking to La Repubblica, Lotito insisted the Serbian international is staying put in Rome.
"15 million euros for Kolarov? I won't even sell his boots for that price," Lotito said.
"He is not for sale, and we have not received any offers.
"He is probably the best in the world in his position, and we don't need to sell him."

NO BID FROM JUVE FOR DZEKO
Edin Dzeko's agent Irfan Redzepagic has rebuffed reports claiming Juventus had opened up dialogue with Wolfsburg in relation to a £33 million bid for the striker.
Tuttosport claimed the Bianconeri had made early enquiries to sound out a move for the 24-year-old Bosnia ace.
However, Redzepagic has said he has not received any signs of interest from the Old Lady, describing reports as little more than speculative claims.
"They are just rumours. There are plenty of rumours in Italy and I am not used to speaking about rumours that are without any foundation," Redzepagic told Calciomercato.it.
"Therefore I cannot say anything more, apart from that they are untrue. Have I spoken to Juventus? No.
"I don't know anything about a meeting."

LEVEL 2 NOW SOLD OUT
MCFC can now confirm that Seasoncards in Level Two of the Family Stand have sold out.
Availability does currently exist for current Seasoncard holders to relocate in to Level One of the Family Stand where the £95 Seasoncard for supporters under the age of 16 is exclusively available.
Existing Seasoncard holders in Levels One and Three of the Colin Bell Stand and East Stand are reminded that they have until this Friday (June 11) to purchase their current seat before it is released for sale to other supporters.
The Stadium Box Office will be open until 8pm on Friday.

OTHER BOLLOX
Stoke boss Tony Pulis has lined up an £11million bid for Spurs striker Roman Pavlyuchenko – and is on the verge of signing Hull defender Steven Mouyokolo.
Pulis wants to do business with old pal Harry Redknapp and take Pavlyuchenko to the Britannia Stadium in a surprise swoop.
Stoke are desperate to bring in more firepower this summer and are still keen on recruiting West Ham’s Carlton Cole.
But the Potters are also preparing a whopping bid for Spurs’ Russia international as Pulis prepares to splash chairman Peter Coates’ cash.
Stoke scored only 34 Premier League goals last season and Pulis wants to bring in at least two front men before next season. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland line up £1m deal for MidfielderSunderland are lining up a £1m deal for former Manchester United midfielder Chris Eagles who will be up for sale after his current club Burnley were relegated from the Premier League.
Everton & Tottenham have both also recently been linked to the midfielder but Sunderland are the club who are set to make an official approach after Burnley were told to cash in on a player with 12 months left on his contract

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton plans to keep striker Andy Carroll despite reported interest from Chelsea.
Newcastle Chronicle

Harry Redknapp insists he is "loyal to Spurs" and would be keen to extend his contract with Tottenham, despite reports linking him with the vacant manager's job at Liverpool.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Harry Redknapp insists he is "loyal to Spurs" and would be keen to extend his contract with Tottenham, despite reports linking him with the vacant manager's job at Liverpool.

Which in Twitchy speak is come and get me Kenny me old mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 pm

gillie wrote:

Which in Twitchy speak is come and get me Kenny me old mate.

No - the clue is - 'would be keen to extend his contract with Tottenham'. Big pay rise of course. Monaco account already open.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum