Heated VIP seats and 'top of the range lawnmowers'!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Heated VIP seats and 'top of the range lawnmowers'!

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:37 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

I remember there were always rumours about underseat heating in the 'UMBRO', nee Platt Lane stand, but I reckon they just piped the toilet vents out under the seats to save cost. However times change!

Roberto Mancini won’t be the only one in the hot seat at Eastlands next season after Manchester City unveiled plans for £1.5million-worth of ground improvements.

The heat will be turned up on fans who fork out for the best vantage point, following a trend-setting scheme to install thermostatically-controlled leather seating in the VIP areas and directors’ box.

Eager to become the seat of power on the pitch, City appear to be following a similar philosophy off it, with their blueprint for upgrading an area that already generates millions of pounds in revenue each season.

Boxer Ricky Hatton and City first-teamers Carlos Tevez and Shaun Wright-Phillips are already subscribers to the section, immediately in front of the ‘platinum’ boxes, and can now look forward to frost-free viewing for themselves or guests, no matter how hard winter bites next season.
City are also laying a new pitch, equipping their ground staff with top-of-the-range lawnmowers and offering Mancini-style retro scarves as part of a special matchday package, in an initiative intended to strengthen their reputation as an emerging force.
‘Just as we are committed to developing the best talent and football, we are developing the best stadium around,’ said City’s head of sales David Chell.

‘We are clear about our ambition to challenge the top-table clubs in Europe and create new standards. The new seating will be the first of its kind in the Premier League, possibly in Europe.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Heated VIP seats and 'top of the range lawnmowers'!

Postby john68 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:18 am

How about a preheated pair of socks for us poor people and then let us stand.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby ashton287 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 am

city have got there priorities right then, who gives a fuck about ricky hattons arse
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:39 am

WOW.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby gilford » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:55 am

I sat on these heated seats on a tour I went on a couple of weeks ago, very cool :-)

Pity there was no pitch for me to look at though...............................
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:02 am

Ricky Hatton and Carlos Tevez (2) have got boxes. Why would they want these seats, are the boxes not fucking heated enough?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby gilford » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:06 am

johnpb78 wrote:Ricky Hatton and Carlos Tevez (2) have got boxes. Why would they want these seats, are the boxes not fucking heated enough?

I went in Tevez's box, the seats are located just outside, so you can "get in the action" a little bit more. Good idea I think!

I was told Tevez asked for 2 boxes to be knocked through (which was agreed) and the cost is £70k a year! Nothing to him, but come on, that is the price of a terraced house FFS!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum