Toure's Agent

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Toure's Agent

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 pm

I think part of the reason they want so much for Milner is that we stole Barry off them so cheaply - I bet MON still has sleepless nights over that deal.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Dameerto wrote:I think part of the reason they want so much for Milner is that we stole Barry off them so cheaply - I bet MON still has sleepless nights over that deal.

29yo with 1 year left on his contract I think he got a fair price.

I think the problem is that everyone else got extra helpings from the City pie last time out and he wants to make sure he doesn't miss out this time.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:he made me spit at the tv too much.

is there a normal amount to spit at the tv?
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:30 pm

That would depend whether there was anything by Simon Cowell on.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beeks » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Dub not being funny but you're talking bollox

all that says to me is we will not be held to ransom by any Fucker

Barca want to take the piss

His agent wants to take the piss

and if we don't play ball they go and whinge to the media

What do you want us to do? Just ask other clubs to name their price?!

Maybe with your kakas or messis or torres types..but certainly not with someone like Yaya fucking Toure

35 mil?!

I hope we told them to fuck right off
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby gillie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:32 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Dub not being funny but you're talking bollox

all that says to me is we will not be held to ransom by any Fucker

Barca want to take the piss

His agent wants to take the piss

and if we don't play ball they go and whinge to the media

What do you want us to do? Just ask other clubs to name their price?!

Maybe with your kakas or messis or torres types..but certainly not with someone like Yaya fucking Toure

35 mil?!

I hope we told them to fuck right off

I agree Bish especially as arsehole would probably get him for half that.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Chinners » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:58 pm

We are the whipping boys when it comes to transfer fees. Blackburn, Chelsea, even Leeds had it as well as Fulham in the early days. Fact of football life I'm affraid. Like Chelsea have done, we will settle down and walk away from ridiculous quotes in the near future.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:08 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
btajim wrote:We could've had De Jong for next to nothing in that Summer but we were so keen to bring him in that we paid big money in the January transfer window.

Many Clubs have made us pay for their talent but Allardyce is the one who sticks in my mind. I bet he raised a glass of champagne when the cheque arrived.

i still don't believe that about NDJ. It's a myth. i think he had just signed a new contract the month before which had a release clause in it which we triggered.

The second part about Fat Sam i do believe of course. No argument there.

cheers

Re the first part about NDJ - agreed - thought that was a busted myth yonks ago - he had signed some contractually binding document I had thought
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:02 am

TOURE WILL GO TO CITY, 9/6/10 03.04am:

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpubli ... cio_PK=803

The drama of Yaya Toure is in it's last moments. In the end it wont be Wenger's Arsenal where the Ivorian international will play, but his destiny will be Manchester City. The club, presided over by the arab sheik Sulaiman Al Fahim since 2008, is willing to pay the rest to gain the services of the Barca midfielder. In fact, they consider that the 35M euros which Barcelona asked as a fee to start negotiations is quite 'tidy', so their stance is to make a counter-offer of around 30 million euros. This is evidently way above the expectations of Arsenal who under no circumstances would consider paying that much, and the initial stance of the gunners was to include him in 'Operation Fabregas'.

Besides 'El City' have already reached an agreement with the player, by way of his agent Dmitri 'cockhead' Seluk, by which he will be one of the best players on the team, up there with Tevez and Adebayor, to give 2 examples.

Another advantage which has helped to convince Toure that teh City offer is best is that his brother Kolo is at the English club, assuring that his adaptation to the PL will be rapid.

Thus it's clearthat the player's hours at Barcelona are numbered and that the confirmation of his transfer can only be a matter of days. Dont forget that his agent has been the first to complain about Toure's situation in the team - moaning constantly that Busquets had taken his place and had more time on the field - and asking publicly for a transfer.

In any case the tally of the African at Barca has been notable. In the seasons he's been there he's played 118 matches and scored 6 goals, being a great star for Barca in 6 trophies.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:12 am

john@staustell wrote:TOURE WILL GO TO CITY, 9/6/10 03.04am:

The drama of Yaya Toure is in it's last moments. In the end it wont be Wenger's Arsenal where the Ivorian international will play, but his destiny will be Manchester City. The club, presided over by the arab sheik Sulaiman Al Fahim since 2008, is willing to pay the rest to gain the services of the Barca midfielder. In fact, they consider that the 35M euros which Barcelona asked as a fee to start negotiations is quite 'tidy', so their stance is to make a counter-offer of around 30 million euros. This is evidently way above the expectations of Arsenal who under no circumstances would consider paying that much, and the initial stance of the gunners was to include him in 'Operation Fabregas'.

Besides 'El City' have already reached an agreement with the player, by way of his agent Dmitri 'cockhead' Seluk, by which he will be one of the best players on the team, up there with Tevez and Adebayor, to give 2 examples.

Another advantage which has helped to convince Toure that teh City offer is best is that his brother Kolo is at the English club, assuring that his adaptation to the PL will be rapid.

Thus it's clearthat the player's hours at Barcelona are numbered and that the confirmation of his transfer can only be a matter of days. Dont forget that his agent has been the first to complain about Toure's situation in the team - moaning constantly that Busquets had taken his place and had more time on the field - and asking publicly for a transfer.

In any case the tally of the African at Barca has been notable. In the seasons he's been there he's played 118 matches and scored 6 goals, being a great star for Barca in 6 trophies.

these journalist from spain really are thick headed aren't they, al fahim ain't no sheik and his not even realated to his highness its Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan . about yaya 30 million euros it not bad of a deal i just want this deal wrapped up asap so that we can work on other targets please.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:22 am

cityPinoy_fc wrote:

these journalist from spain really are thick headed aren't they, al fahim ain't no sheik and his not even realated to his highness its Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan . about yaya 30 million euros it not bad of a deal i just want this deal wrapped up asap so that we can work on other targets please.

They always refer to 'petrodollars' too. But the ADs money is old money so I understand. The oil is the cream on top!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:23 am

cityPinoy_fc wrote:

Hmm theres a slightly more glaring word in there for me. What's his agents name again sorry?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
cityPinoy_fc wrote:

Hmm theres a slightly more glaring word in there for me. What's his agents name again sorry?

I might have added a bit there!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
cityPinoy_fc wrote:

there's nothing wrong with john's translation yaya's agent has always been like that. thats the reason why barca fans hate the guy and the irony is that yaya is the exact opposite of him a soft spoken and respectful dude. i guess agents do what they have to do to make money.
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:40 am

Am I the only one who feels this talk of +20million sounds insane. Not to mention the £30 or £35 which have also been mentioned.
It's not like we're signing Fabregas!!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:42 am

Moonchesteri wrote:Am I the only one who feels this talk of +20million sounds insane. Not to mention the £30 or £35 which have also been mentioned.

Lucky the euro's plunging against the £!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:55 am

john@staustell wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:Am I the only one who feels this talk of +20million sounds insane. Not to mention the £30 or £35 which have also been mentioned.

Ah the amounts are all in euros. Very well. Then I believe we shouldn't hurry with this transfer at all.

I wonder who is the one who decides which currency is used in the transfers. Especially when it's British team dealing with eurocountry. Not that it matters to us so much as we can pay in cash in every currency but as installments are used in football it is a factor you have to take into account.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:21 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Ah the amounts are all in euros. Very well. Then I believe we shouldn't hurry with this transfer at all.

I wonder who is the one who decides which currency is used in the transfers. Especially when it's British team dealing with eurocountry. Not that it matters to us so much as we can pay in cash in every currency but as installments are used in football it is a factor you have to take into account.

I would imagine the selling club fixes a price, and as they're in Spain it's likely to be in euros. So yes, stalling tactics required!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum