Academy In India

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Academy In India

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:There's a huge and growing middle class in India, so potential for revenue which will be important to make us self financing (unless you all want £1000 season tickets).

Statistically, there's a good chance the next Messi will be Indian as well, if you can find him, nurture him and keep him away from cricket.

Yeah, but how is partnership deal with Indian club going to help us reach those people?

There must be some technical reasons that make it worthwhile, perhaps different ones in each case.
Re having an academy in India though; I think it's a great idea as India is a growing force in the world & I can actually see us getting one or two players from there in the future as well as raising our profile.

Absolutely. I don't they'd be doing it for the laughs. I'm just wondering what it might be.

I agree about Academy in India by the way. And being able to find first top quality Indian player would be MASSIVE financially for us.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Academy In India

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:There's a huge and growing middle class in India, so potential for revenue which will be important to make us self financing (unless you all want £1000 season tickets).

Statistically, there's a good chance the next Messi will be Indian as well, if you can find him, nurture him and keep him away from cricket.

Yeah, but how is partnership deal with Indian club going to help us reach those people?

There must be some technical reasons that make it worthwhile, perhaps different ones in each case.
Re having an academy in India though; I think it's a great idea as India is a growing force in the world & I can actually see us getting one or two players from there in the future as well as raising our profile.

Absolutely. I don't they'd be doing it for the laughs. I'm just wondering what it might be.

I agree about Academy in India by the way. And being able to find first top quality Indian player would be MASSIVE financially for us.

Just as afro-american people are not built for swimming, but are perfectly built for athletics, I find it hard to think of anyone from the indian sub-continent who has been successful at any sport requiring significant athletic ability, and thus dont believe they have the build/mentality etc to become athletes.

I don't buy it that the talent is there on the sub-continent for a top level club, as even 2nd/3rd generation indians/pakistanis in this country who are brought up in schools which play football and have been courted extensively by football clubs in the uk - they have every opportunity that everyone else does, perhaps more - but I think there are a very small handful of players plying their trade in the lower leagues. They just never seem to make it to the professional ranks for one reason or another. I simply just dont believe they are genetically programmed to be athletes, because surely if they were, they would strive in the way africans often do to become athletes as a route out of poverty.

Indians agree that they are shit athletes - google "Indian Athletes" and look at the first few results.

On this basis, I dont think the club expects in any way shape or form to develop players through this acadamy venture, it is purely for commecial gain and brand awareness
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum