*OFFICIAL* Jerome Boateng signs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *OFFICIAL* Jerome Boateng signs

Postby dazby » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:48 am

I think Jerome has been signed as a squad player. Hope he finds his feet quickly and pressures the established players.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Re: Boateng Signs

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
btajim wrote:A bit like A. Johnson, then? I think you've answered your own question with the inevitable departure of Ned.

Not one bit like Adam Johnson. After Robinho's departure, winger was a position of need. Anyway, you need to have at least two capable wingers on both flanks as wingers are probably the most injury prone and also they don't often last full 90 minutes because of the exhausting nature of the position. One of the reasons why SWP is so valuable, he is one of the few wingers who has stamina to run at full speed for full 90 minutes.

Centerbacks on the other hand statistically are much less injured AND they last for full 90 minutes almost without an exception.

Every bit like Adam Johnson. City have signed a young player with lots of potential who is still a bit raw / unproven at the top level.

A Centre Half is needed if Ned departs. Let us not forget the "sign before we sell" policy that the previous Manager also went with.

*sings*
"Elano or Hughes and I'm still here
Tra La La La-La"
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby fangsanalsatan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:48 pm

btajim wrote:Toure had a dodgy first season but you don't go from being a regular at Arsenal to losing all your defensive abilities overnight. There was a problem somewhere.

Malaria, injuries etc.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:58 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
btajim wrote:Toure had a dodgy first season but you don't go from being a regular at Arsenal to losing all your defensive abilities overnight. There was a problem somewhere.

Malaria, injuries etc.

Terry shaggin his missus.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:09 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:

Malaria, injuries etc.

He was considered fit enough to play, though.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:22 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Regarding the last sentence, Mancini doesn't have years to wait. The knife were already sharpened by certain sections and slow start to the season and he'll be out by christmas. I have my doubts whether Boateng can help us in that time scale but we'll see. There's the problem of Director of Football doing these deals, he can affrd the luxury of waiting for few years since there seems to be no pressure involved with that position.

So what you're saying is that Mancio should just plan for today, and not for tomorrow? As Jerome said in his statement, it was Mancio himself who talked him into joining, with the vision of the future and by making him a better player. Mancio has to look to the future of the club and I for one am impressed that he is looking at this long-range, rather than believing he will be out by Christmas, as you said. If he had that attitude, then we would be well and truly fucked. Thank fuck we are changing eh!

Right, well, I myself hope we plan for the future. I have my doubts though whether Mancini can afford that luxury.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Regarding the last sentence, Mancini doesn't have years to wait. The knife were already sharpened by certain sections and slow start to the season and he'll be out by christmas. I have my doubts whether Boateng can help us in that time scale but we'll see. There's the problem of Director of Football doing these deals, he can affrd the luxury of waiting for few years since there seems to be no pressure involved with that position.

So what you're saying is that Mancio should just plan for today, and not for tomorrow? As Jerome said in his statement, it was Mancio himself who talked him into joining, with the vision of the future and by making him a better player. Mancio has to look to the future of the club and I for one am impressed that he is looking at this long-range, rather than believing he will be out by Christmas, as you said. If he had that attitude, then we would be well and truly fucked. Thank fuck we are changing eh!

Right, well, I myself hope we plan for the future. I have my doubts though whether Mancini can afford that luxury.

Mancini exudes the confidence that he believes, no assumes, that he will be here for at least 3 years if not the longer term. One of the tranfer bollox headlines is about 'Mancini desperate for Milner' or something. I dont believe he is desperate about anything. If not Milner he will buy someone else, simple as. He has the confidence and calm of a man who has dome it before and will do it again, and make all the buggers work hard to achieve it, morning AND afternoon Carlito.

I must admit that personally I have found a good improvement in a team that obviously lacks quality in certain areas and, without wanting to get into the other thread and it's insults, it is the results and performances against the likes of Burnley, Birmingham and other lower teams toward the end, and away performances at Fulham, Chelsea yes AND Arsenal, where we always lose. You can always lose by the odd goal to Scum.

Given the right reinforcements I believe he is right to be confident.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum