City things you'd forgotten about

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City things you'd forgotten about

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:16 am

The Ex-Players thread was nostalgic. Who else has got some vacant City memories?

Maine Road: The sign on a pillar of the Maine Stand (did it have an "e" at the end?!) saying "Thank you for not using foul and abusive language" was unecessarily gracious when certain Blues were around and there used to be something hanging from the corner of the Kippax. A bird. Was it an Albatross or something? Hazy days.

HALF TIME DRAW TICKETS!!!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: City things you'd forgotten about

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:22 am

That bird came to CoMS with us and was hanging from the left hand side of the Colin Bell Stand, but disappeared for the last few games of this season
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:32 am

A RAG I used to work with claimed some of the Builders working on the COMS buried their U****d scarves in the foundations of the Ground as it was being constructed. Something they forget to take photographic evidence of and thusly something that will never be proved! Personally, I'd have done a shoddy job and watched the thing fall down. Ain't happened...
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Until the last couple of games this season, I had forgotten that it was once possible to order a pie and a pint in my native tongue at Maine Road.

More than once I have asked for chips, to be asked "what flavour" and my personal favourite was when I asked for a steak pie and was given a bag of fruit pastilles.

It seems that this has been taken on board by someone at the club before the end of this season, probably as a result of a Immigration Service raid, as all the foreign bar staff seemed to disappear all of a sudden. Anyone else notice this?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Relergation??
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:22 pm

How can you have forgotten these things if you're posting about them here?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:06 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:How can you have forgotten these things if you're posting about them here?

checkmate.

yr good pal. Very good.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:09 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:How can you have forgotten these things if you're posting about them here?

I remembered mine a few weeks ago, but had previously forgotten about it, does that count?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby CityGer » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Mr pedantic strikes again.

Bet you're great company on a night out.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:41 pm

CityGer wrote:

Mr CityGrrrrrrrrr strikes again.

My nights out are fine thanks, especially as I don't have people like you following me round criticising everything I say.

Try lightening up.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:51 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
CityGer wrote:

Mr CityGrrrrrrrrr strikes again.

My nights out are fine thanks, especially as I don't have people like you following me round criticising everything I say.

Try lightening up.

i just got my match tickets to the NY City matches last week, so hopefully, with a pinch of luck, i'll be able to report back about how droll and tiresome you truly are in the flesh. I'll bring a thesaurus and a sleep mask. Hey. Ho.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:36 pm

CityGer wrote:

I have it on good authority that his nights out include flicking his fringe out of his face, saying "oh ya" and "for sure" repeatedly and getting pissed on two Pints. Mwah!

It's my thread so I should defend the title. Basically, I want people to think about things they liked about City from the past that were never usually at the front of their minds whilst they made contributions to the debate on here. Stuff they can recall when pushed etc. Nostalgia? I'll inevitably think of something whilst I'm doing the ironing or feeding Flea Bag. Who, as it goes, is chasing a fly around the House at this moment in time.

How about that electronic sign at Maine Road in the corner of the Main(e) Stand and Platt Lane that displayed a clapping hand going "COME ON CITY." It should've said CITEH. Comedy Gold.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Return to The Maine Football forum