Saturday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:35 am

OFFICIAL BOLLOX ROUND UP
It is hardly surprising that Rio Ferdinand’s knee - and the captaincy of the England team - is the centre of attention in the papers this morning.
There is not much space left for anything else save fillers and these have a tired old look about them.
The Telegraph and the Sun, for instance, continue to go around in circles over the future of James Milner with the broadsheet reckoning the following:
‘City are preparing to make a renewed attempt to lure James Milner from Aston Villa when the midfielder returns from World Cup duty with England.
‘Although Villa rejected a £20million offer from City for the 24-year-old last month the Eastlands club are keen to secure at least one major signing before flying to the United States on their pre-season tour’.
Martin Blackburn in the Sun has taken the same tack but spiced things up a bit along the way by throwing Yaya Toure into the mix too.
‘Manchester City are poised to renew their interest in James Milner as soon as his World Cup is over,’ he writes echoing the previous article.
‘Roberto Mancini wants the Aston Villa star, 24, alongside Barcelona’s Yaya Toure in a new look midfield next season. City were interested to hear that Milner had talks with Villa boss Martin O’Neill earlier this week.’
If that isn’t a familiar enough story for City fans then the Mail is the place to head where Rafa Benitez’ departure has prompted Chris Wheeler in an ‘exclusive’ to link City with Fernando Torres for the umpteenth time this summer.
‘Chelsea will exploit the turmoil at Liverpool by launching a sustained bid to sign Fernando Torres in a British record transfer this summer,’ he reckons. ‘As revealed in Sportsmail last month Roman Abramovich is ready to lock horns with Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour in a deal that could reach £70million.’
Last month? Hardly an exclusive then!
Elsewhere, The Independent has an interesting piece about African players making it to the top of the game against all odds and includes profiles of Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure while the Guardian and the Mirror stress that Gareth Barry will not be rushed back into action. Vladimir Weiss and Carlos Tevez appear in the Sun’s World Cup coverage.
Expect more of the same but in larger quantities tomorrow!

Milner deal back on
MANCHESTER CITY are poised to renew their interest in James Milner as soon as his World Cup is over.
Eastlands boss Roberto Mancini wants the Aston Villa star, 24, alongside Barcelona's Yaya Toure in a new-look midfield next season.
City were interested to hear that Milner had talks with Villa boss Martin O'Neill earlier this week.
And the fact Villa have placed a £30million tag on his head is unlikely to deter City's moneybags owners.
Rivals Manchester United are also interested but City are confident they will be able to secure the services of the former Newcastle favourite.
City have also been keeping a close eye on talks between Toure - brother of their captain Kolo - and Barca.
Sources at the Premier League club have denied they have already struck a deal for the Ivory Coast ace, 27.
But Mancini has been keen on Yaya since he arrived at Eastlands in December and that has not changed.
Meanwhile, Villa are eyeing a move for Anderlecht midfielder Mbark Boussoufa IF they lose Milner.
But O'Neill's men would face stiff competition from Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen for the £10m-rated Morocco international, 25, who has been player of the year in Belgium for the past two seasons.

Barcelona join Arsenal & Manchester City in race for Ajax defender Gregory van der Wiel
Barcelona are understood to be keeping tabs on Ajax star Gregory van der Wiel, according to Sport.
The 22-year-old defender is believed to be Barca's prime target as they look for back-up for Brazilian defender Daniel Alves, but had also been on the radar of Arsenal and Manchester City.
While he is under contract with the Amsterdam outfit until 2013, it is claimed that Ajax officials may be willing to cash in on the youngster for a fee of between £8-10 million [€10-12m]
While that figure would be outside of Barcelona's propsed expenditure for a back-up player, El Mundo Deportivo suggests that the Blaugrana are preparing to make a bid of between £4-5m [€5-6m] for the talented right back after the World Cup finals.
Barca are reportedly keen to have two options at right-back as they currently have at left back with Maxwell and Eric Abidal vying for the one place.

Manchester City deny bidding for Lazio's Zarate and Kolarov
Manchester City, inevitably linked with every available player under the sun, have denied bidding for Lazio’s Mauro Zarate or Aleksandar Kolarov .
“We made no offer for Mauro Zarate or Aleksandar Kolarov ,” Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini told the Italian Radio Incontro.
“The fact is that now City are regularly linked with any player on the market,” he continued. “Perhaps people want to use us to raise their price-tag.”
“At the moment there is nothing in it,” added the Italian. “Kolarov is a great player, but for now we’re now looking at other goals.”
Mancini said that despite his poor form last season, Argentine Zarate was an excellent player,” but stressed that “for Zarate, as with Kolarov, we have made no offer, nor contacted the club.”
Serbian left-back Kolarov, recently linked with Inter Milan and Real Madrid , scored four goals and chipped in with two assists in 38 appearances for the Rome side last season, while striker Zarate scored seven in 39 games, providing four assists.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Chelsea believe the turmoil at Liverpool means the Anfield outfit will be unable to resist their £70m bid for striker Fernando Torres. They are ready to fight Manchester City for the Spaniard by breaking the British transfer record. Daily Mail

Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso is hoping to tempt former Liverpool team-mate Steven Gerrard to join him at the Bernabeu. The Sun

Arsenal are standing firm over Barcelona's attempt to sign captain Cesc Fabregas. The Gunners say they will not do business at any price, having earlier rejected a £30m bid from the Spanish giants for the midfielder. Daily Mirror

Despite Arsenal's defiance, Barcelona intend to go back to the Gunners with an improved offer for the Spanish midfielder. The Sun

And Barcelona's president Joan Laporta has urged Arsenal to let Fabregas join the Catalan club this summer. The Independent

However, would-be Barcelona president Sandro Rosell says the club will not be held to ransom despite their desire to sign Fabregas. IMScouting

Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain has snubbed a move to England by signing a new deal with Real Madrid. Arsenal and Chelsea were said to be tracking the 22-year-old. The Sun

Atletico Madrid striker Diego Forlan is fully focused on the World Cup with Uruguay despite the interest shown in him by Tottenham. The Independent

Manchester United are considering a £25m offer for Wolfsburg's Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko. caughtoffside

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is preparing a £4m bid for Middlesbrough defender David Wheater, who is out of contract at the Riverside at the end of next season. Daily Mail

Celtic have rejected an official approach from Spartak Moscow for winger Aiden McGeady who are believed to be preparing an £8.3m offer for the Irishman. Daily Mail

Aston Villa are lining a £9m offer for Wolves striker Kevin Doyle. caughtoffside

Portsmouth's Algeria World Cup defender Nadir Belhadj has spoken to new West Ham boss Avram Grant about a move to Upton Park. Daily Mirror

Ipswich have increased their offer for £4m-rated Cardiff City striker Michael Chopra. Daily Mirror

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.justcurious.co.za/2009/12/wa ... x-gerrard/

OTHER BOLLOX
Sven-Goran Eriksson has thrown his hat into the mix to become Liverpool manager, admitting that it would be a dream come true to become boss at Anfield.
The Sun : http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... l-fan.html

Liverpool's Kenny Dalglish has put Fulham's Roy Hodgson and Louis van Gaal of Bayern Munich at the top of his shortlist of replacements for Rafael Benitez at Anfield. Daily Mirror

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is wanted by Japan as their national coach having previously coached club side Grampus Eight for two years. Daily Star

Ex-United States defender Alexi Lalas is urging his team to wind up England striker Wayne Rooney in their World Cup group match - and wants to see him "act like a baby". Lalas said of the Group C qualifier on 12 June: "I hope Rooney has a temper tantrum, has a swing at someone and gets thrown out." Daily Mail

Former Reds legend John Barnes reckons star duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres should follow Rafa Benitez out of Liverpool if they are not happy at the club. "Any player who doesn't want to be at Liverpool should go... no matter who they are," said Barnes. The Sun

Spain's World Cup stars will receive £512,000 in bonuses if they manage to win the World Cup. It is the highest amount offered to any of the 32 teams competing in South Africa. (The Times)
Last edited by Chinners on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Vhero » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:38 am

Ex-U***d States defender Alexi Lalas is urging his team to wind up England striker Wayne Rooney in their World Cup group match - and wants to see him "act like a baby". Lalas said of the Group C qualifier on 12 June: "I hope Rooney has a temper tantrum, has a swing at someone and gets thrown out." Daily Mail

Quality attitude but he's probably right that would happen.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:45 am

Vhero wrote:
Ex-U***d States defender Alexi Lalas is urging his team to wind up England striker Wayne Rooney in their World Cup group match - and wants to see him "act like a baby". Lalas said of the Group C qualifier on 12 June: "I hope Rooney has a temper tantrum, has a swing at someone and gets thrown out." Daily Mail

I am guessing he is not a fan of Joga Bonito then.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:13 am

Sven-Goran Eriksson has thrown his hat into the mix to become Liverpool manager, admitting that it would be a dream come true to become boss at Anfield.
Full story: The Sun

*cough* *splutter*

*chuckle*
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby bluechester » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:16 am

btajim wrote:
Full story: The Sun

*cough* *splutter*

*chuckle*

ha ha the the guy is manwhore, wherever there is job he throws is hat at it
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Slim wrote:
Vhero wrote:

I am guessing he is not a fan of Joga Bonito then.

in fact, surprisingly, he's a complete tool. Shocking.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Did i really read above...9M Kevin Doyle to Villa? Is that what it's coming to? Just checked that he scored 9 in 34 for Wolves, which i think flatters to deceive. I don't think he's worth anything like 9M. He looked tidy for Reading that first season they stayed up, but if that's the going rate for "barely Prem-quality striker" then i should see Arsenal buying Rolladega from Wigan for 25M later this summer.

City...ruining football.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:47 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Did i really read above...9M Kevin Doyle to Villa? Is that what it's coming to? Just checked that he scored 9 in 34 for Wolves, which i think flatters to deceive. I don't think he's worth anything like 9M. He looked tidy for Reading that first season they stayed up, but if that's the going rate for "barely Prem-quality striker" then i should see Arsenal buying Rolladega from Wigan for 25M later this summer.

City...ruining football.

cheers

I'll stick my neck out and say I think Kevin Doyle is a very good player. In fact, if he went to Villa, I think he'd prosper. He's not an out and out finisher, but he brings a lot more to the attack than a lot of others.

"Barely prem-quality" ?

I don't agree with that TBH.

You american cunt.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Did i really read above...9M Kevin Doyle to Villa? Is that what it's coming to? Just checked that he scored 9 in 34 for Wolves, which i think flatters to deceive. I don't think he's worth anything like 9M. He looked tidy for Reading that first season they stayed up, but if that's the going rate for "barely Prem-quality striker" then i should see Arsenal buying Rolladega from Wigan for 25M later this summer.

City...ruining football.

cheers

I'll stick my neck out and say I think Kevin Doyle is a very good player. In fact, if he went to Villa, I think he'd prosper. He's not an out and out finisher, but he brings a lot more to the attack than a lot of others.

"Barely prem-quality" ?

You american cunt.

i should have said "fellow Chicken-owning fuclin pikey bastards need not reply to defend their brother" but i didn't think you actually still posted on this site. My bad.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:33 pm

City...ruining football.

cheers

Its only as silly as Fletcher going from Burnley the other day for £6.5m. I bet neither he nor Burnley can believe their luck.

Every time I have seen him this season, he has been utterly gash, and like you - I just don't get Doyle, I do not see the point of him and at that money Villa are clearly planning on spending the Milner money and spreading the overspending love around. I'm struggling to see him as even being premiership quality, let alone a £9m player.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Chinners » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Jerome Boateng signs at last
Jerome Boateng has agreed the terms of a five-year contract to join Manchester City from German Bundesliga side Hamburg SV.
The German international defender will formally become a City player from July 1st. As this date could still coincide with his World Cup duty with Germany, Boateng conducted a whistlestop tour of Carrington and City of Manchester Stadium in order to finalise the details of his move ahead of the big kick-off in South Africa.
Full article: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... -year-deal
Please see OFFICIAL MCF.NET Thread

United and Arsenal to miss out on Cole
Soccernet understands that Arsenal and Manchester will lose out on signing Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole on a free transfer, while Manchester City and Tottenham remain firmly in the hunt for his signature.
Joe Cole could be leaving Stamford Bridge on a free transfer
Speculation has continued to mount over Cole's future, and he seems certain to leave Stamford Bridge as talks over a new contact stalled before he set off for South Africa after making Fabio Capello's final England squad.
Spurs, Arsenal, United and City have all been linked with a move for Cole, though it appears that Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger are unlikely to have the midfielder at their disposal next season.
A source close to the transfer activity told Soccernet: "My information is that Joe Cole will not be going to Arsenal or to Manchester United, despite being linked with both of these clubs. Joe Cole has a few options, and has not made up his mind, and will do so when he returns from South Africa. It is still possible that he could decide to stay at Chelsea but that is only a small chance."
The source refused to rule out Spurs and Man City and while Roberto Mancini's club can offer big bucks, Harry Redknapp has the lure of Champions League football for Cole, and that could be the deciding factor.
Redknapp has made it clear that he isn't looking to make a large number of signings, but instead wants one or two outstanding new players to reinforce Spurs' chances of making past the qualifying stage of the Champions League. And it was Redknapp that gave Cole his debut in the Premier League when they were both at West Ham United.
Cole would be happy to stay at Chelsea, but the club have thus far shown no willingness to improve the contract offer which is still on the table.
With Cole available on a free, his advisors argue that his value in the open transfer market could be £18 million to £20 million, a huge saving for any prospective new club, which would justify an inflated wage packet.

Other Bollox
Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has hinted that he could leave the club for Inter Milan - where he expects former Reds boss Rafa Benitez to be in charge.

"Would I follow Benitez? I don't know," he said. "At the moment I really know little about my future. But of course with Benitez at Liverpool I experienced three incredible years: his football is my football." (Press Association)

Brazil right back Maicon has dismissed reports that he is moving to Real Madrid and has said he is happy to remain at Inter Milan until his contract expires in 2014. Maicon was a one-time target for Manchester City. (Associated Press)

Season Review pt 10
Fulham battled back from two goals down to earn a point and end Manchester City's 100% home record this season.
City took the lead early in the second half when Joleon Lescott found space to tap in following a corner.
They doubled their lead moments later when Martin Petrov exchanged passes with Gareth Barry before curling in.
It took Fulham eight minutes to draw level and ultimately earn a point as firstly Duff fired in and then Clint Dempsey headed home from a free-kick.
Last edited by Chinners on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Confirmed bollox?!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:

City...ruining football.

cheers

"Barely prem-quality" ?

You american cunt.

i agree with dub on this one. i think doyle is a kuyt type player, who does a tremendous job for his team. he would probably do really well at villa.

by the way, is he gay? if i had to guess on one player in the prem being gay,it would be doyle.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby btajim » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:28 pm

Season Review pt 10
Fulham battled back from two goals down to earn a point and end Manchester City's 100% home record this season.
City took the lead early in the second half when Joleon Lescott found space to tap in following a corner.
They doubled their lead moments later when Martin Petrov exchanged passes with Gareth Barry before curling in.
It took Fulham eight minutes to draw level and ultimately earn a point as firstly Duff fired in and then Clint Dempsey headed home from a free-kick.

Who remembers Bobby Zamora missing that chance for Fulham against City?! How he missed is beyond me.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:05 am

mr_nool wrote:
by the way, is he gay? if i had to guess on one player in the prem being gay,it would be doyle.

I thought Andy Johnson was as surefire as they come.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum