Friday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:08 am

Manchester City Toure deal stalled over fee
The saga of Yaya Toure ’s impending transfer to the Premier League looks set to continue, with Manchester City and Barcelona unable to agree a fee for the midfielder, according to Catalan station TV3.
Toure has been linked with a move away from the Nou Camp for some time, given his failure to hold down a starting eleven place last season at Barcelona. Chelsea have also been linked to Toure but now Manchester City look best placed to land the Ivory Coast international.
Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola is reportedly not looking to offload Toure to Manchester City or anyone else, but cannot guarantee him first-team football.
Although Manchester City officials reportedly met with Barcelona representative two days ago, Catalan TV station TV3 claims that they offered 20 million euros, which is below Barcelona's estimation of 35 million euros.
Although the clubs are stuck in a stalemate, Toure has reportedly agreed personal terms to sign at Eastlands. Should he sign for Roberto Mancini’s side, Toure will join the same club as his brother Kolo.
Toure has scored five goals in 45 international appearances and is set to star in the upcoming World Cup.

Yaya Toure's Barcelona exit talks are set to pave the way for £20m move to Manchester City
Yaya Toure’s agent will hold a meeting with Barcelona dealmaker Txiki Begiristain ON Friday and is hoping to pave the way for a £20m move to Manchester City.
Dimitri Seluk claims the Barcelona midfielder has already signed a deal with a Barclays Premier League club although he remains tight-lipped on where the Ivory Coast international will be playing next season.
Toure has long been linked with a move to England with mega-rich City, captained by older brother Kolo, thought to be leading the race for his signature.
City slicker: Yaya Toure is on the verge of sealing a £20m move to Manchester City after his agent demanded Barcelona exit talks
City's cross-town rivals Manchester United and Arsenal are also reportedly interested, while Kolo's former club Arsenal have been monitoring him for several years.
'If everything goes well, Yaya will go to England,' Seluk told Spanish radio station, Ona FM.
'But we can't talk about definite clubs. We already have a closed deal, and all will be resolved before the World Cup.'
Toure joined Barcelona in a nine million euro deal from Monaco in June 2007 and
immediately became a regular in the team, adapting to a more defensive midfield role.
The Ivory Coast international was a key member of the stunning Barca side that lifted six trophies in 2009 and he extended his stay at the Nou Camp only last summer, but he appears to have fallen out of favour in the latter part of the season.
A sticking point for interested clubs could be the high transfer fee Barca are likely to demand, with the Catalan giants reportedly slapping a 36m euro price-tag on the 27-year-old.
Seluk added: 'It seems to me too much money. His club have shown they want him
to leave, it's not normal that they're asking for this amount.
'If (Barca president Joan Laporta) likes Toure so much, he could have explained why he didn't play so much.
'This year we haven't spoken to him even one time, and if he leaves it's because that was lacking.'

The Mirror (as usual) overeggs things and claims the player is desperate to join City ... in the headline anyway
Barcelona star desperate to join Man City
Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure is desperate to join Manchester City.
Toure's agent, Dimitri Seluk, is believed to have met City after Barcelona publicly stated he can go.
Seluk said: "Yaya is ready to triumph in the Premier League and wants to play regularly. This is the problem at Barcelona."

Maicon will follow Jose Mourinho to Real Madrid
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is worried that Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho will beat him in the race for two of his top transfer targets.
The Italian is interested in bringing Valencia striker David Silva and Inter Milan right-back Maicon to the Eastlands this summer, but it appears that Real is the favourite to land both, according to The Sun.
Despite a confirmation from Valencia that City has contacted them about a possible £25 million move for Silva, it appears that the Spain international prefers to remain in La Liga.
Although Mancini has shown interest in making a move for Maicon, his former player during his time at Inter, but the Brazilian international is also looking to move to Real.
"What I want is to play in Madrid and for me it would be an honour to be there and a great opportunity in my career,” Maicon said.
"I'll say it very clearly to avoid misunderstanding. I want to play in Madrid - not Manchester."
Should Mourinho, who replaced Mancini as the Inter boss two years ago, succeed in capturing both players this summer it would be a big blow for the Italian, who is looking to revamp his squad for another run at a Champions League spot next season.

Manchester City fear Real Madrid will hijack deal to buy Valencia forward David Silva
Manchester City are bracing themselves for Real Madrid to beat them to the signing of Valencia forward David Silva.
Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood are hoping to hold talks with Valencia after postponing plans to meet the Spanish club's president, Manuel Llorente, last week.
Although preliminary discussions about Silva's availability have taken place between the two clubs, City have yet to begin detailed negotiations with Valencia for the 24 year-old.
But senior figures at City have been made aware that Silva's destination of choice, should he leave Valencia, is Real Madrid.
The Spain winger has also admitted that he is prepared to stay at Valencia for another season should it ease his path to the Bernabeu in 12 months' time.
While City remain keen to speak to the player's representatives, it is likely that the club will now focus their efforts on securing a post-World Cup deal for Aston Villa midfielder James Milner before reviewing their prospects of signing Silva.
The Inter Milan defender Maicon has ruled out a move to Eastlands after insisting that he is only interested in leaving the European champions for Real Madrid.
Maicon, set to be Brazil's right-back in South Africa, has been a long-term target of City manager – and former Inter coach – Roberto Mancini.
Maicon said: "I want to play for Madrid because it would be a great opportunity in my career. I'm going to say it very clearly so there is no misunderstanding: I want to play with Madrid, I don't want to go to Manchester City.
"I have a great relationship with Jose Mourinho and it would be nice to be able to play under him again. We have won a lot of things together at Inter and I hope we can repeat it."

Arsenal and Manchester City linked to Barcelona starlet Assulin
According to Spanish daily ‘Sport’, young playmaker Guy Assulin may leave Barcelona, with both Arsenal and Manchester City considering signing the Israeli international.
19-year-old Assulin, like a number of youngsters at Barcelona, is struggling for first team opportunities and is available on a free transfer which would likely entice both Arsenal and Manchester City .
The attacking midfielder has been dubbed "the new Messi" and made his debut for the Israeli national team at 16.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has a history of signing players from the Barcelona youth team, including Fran Merida and Cesc Fabregas. Like Merida and Fabregas before him, Assulin has undoubted talent, but cannot see an immediate prospect of first-team football at the Nou Camp and could be lured by Wenger’s track record of developing youngsters at Arsenal.
According to ‘Sport’, Manchester City are also interested in Assulin. Roberto Mancini showed last season with Adam Johnson that he is not afraid to sign a young player and give him his chance at Eastlands, although others such as Vladimir Weiss have been forced to leave on loan to secure first-team football.
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola wants to keep Assulin but may struggle to hold on to the Israeli as he cannot guarantee first team football.
Assulin is set to star today for Israel’s under-21 side in a crucial European qualification clash against Sweden.

Inter Milan's Brazilian defender Maicon says he is not interested in joining Manchester City and wants to follow former Inter coach Jose Mourinho to Real Madrid. Guardian

WAG OF THE DAY (NSFW)
http://www.football.co.uk/gallery/nicol ... lbum.shtml

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Tottenham are preparing a £20m bid for Atletico Madrid's Uruguay striker Diego Forlan. Daily Star

Arsenal could offer £7m plus youngsters Francis Coquelin and Armand Traore for FC Lorient defender Laurent Koscielny after an initial £4m bid was rejected. Daily Mirror

Chelsea have given up hope of keeping Joe Cole and have withdrawn their contract offer for the England star. Daily Star

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson says Hannover's German international striker Jan Schlaudraff "could add something" to their squad. Daily Mail

Portsmouth captain Aaron Mokoena could leave Fratton Park to join Wolves after he has played for South Africa at the World Cup. Daily Mail

West Ham are battling it out with Fulham for the signing of Portsmouth striker Frederic Piquionne. Daily Mirror

Bolton face a fight with Benfica to sign Real Madrid left-back Marcos Alonso. Daily Mirror

Bolton also hope to sign Chelsea striker Franco di Santo for around £2m. Daily Mirror

Newcastle are opening contract talks with striker Andy Carroll to ward off interest from Birmingham and Stoke. Daily Mail

Birmingham are considering an offer for Palermo's 5ft 6in striker Fabrizio Miccoli. The Sun

Wigan hope to seal a club-record £5.7m deal with Estudiantes for Argentine striker Mauro Boselli. Daily Mirror

Sheffield United want Stoke goalkeeper Steve Simonsen if current first-choice Blades keeper Paddy Kenny decides to join QPR. Daily Mirror

Premier League newcomers Blackpool could sign Richard Chaplow after he was released by local rivals Preston. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Liverpool fans burned American flags in a protest against the club's owners outside Anfield, following the departure of manager Rafael Benitez. Daily Telegraph

Former manager Kenny Dalglish will be given the responsibility of drawing up a shortlist of names to replace Benitez at Anfield. Daily Mirror

Ex-Wales, Blackburn and Manchester City boss Mark Hughes is the man Liverpool want to replace Benitez. Daily Star

Or, Fulham manager Roy Hodgson is the favourite to become the new manager of Liverpool. The Sun

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is also in the running although Dalglish himself could take over the reins at Anfield. Daily Mail

However, former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini is also in the running to get the top job. IMScouting

Liverpool could be heading for an exodus of key players following Benitez's departure on Thursday. The Independent

Benitez's exit has opened the door for Real Madrid to sign midfielder Steven Gerrard. IMScouting

But Benitez himself may not have to wait too long to find a new job with European champions Inter Milan interested in taking the Spaniard to the San Siro. The Sun

New West Ham manager Avram Grant is expected to try to bring his old backroom staff from Portsmouth to Upton Park, but former West Ham player Kevin Keen could be kept on. Daily Mail

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas is set for clear the air talks with manager Arsene Wenger after being left in limbo by the club's strong stance over his proposed move to Barcelona. Daily Mirror

Former Crystal Palace defender Chris Coleman is in line to become the club's new manager. Daily Mirror

Former captain David Beckham has sent axed England winger Theo Walcott a text message to help him get through the agony of missing out on selection for the 2010 World Cup. Arsenal star Walcott was one of seven players to miss out on Fabio Capello's 23-man squad. Daily Mirror

WORLD CUP BOLLOX
Manchester City's Carlos Tevez unsure if he will make Maradona's starting XI
Argentina forward Carlos Tevez has admitted he is unsure if he will make it into Maradona's starting XI for the World Cup finals and also insisted that he is "amazed" by the talents of Lionel Messi.
"Everything Messi does surprises me. Each training session is different. It's amazing to watch him play, to train with him. Messi is an impressive guy. He shows it in every training session, at dinner, at meals," said Tevez, according to AS.
Tevez went on to speculate as to how he feels coach Maradona will set up his attacking line in South Africa but remains unsure if he will be involved from the start.
"I do not know if I'll play, there's been no indication," he added.
"I do not know what Diego thinks, really. I think we could play with three strikers, I would play on the left with Lionel Messi a little further back, or as he plays with Barcelona.
"We are very good. The team is happy, we're having a great time, plenty of time together and having fun. We are very calm and very confident in ourselves."

Season Review pt 7
Craig Bellamy's second-half equaliser earned Manchester City a deserved point and lifted them into the top four after former captain Richard Dunne threatened to wreck Gareth Barry's return to Aston Villa.
Dunne declined the opportunity to celebrate in front of City's fans when he beat Barry to James Milner's corner to head Villa in front early on.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 283753.stm
Last edited by Chinners on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B*ll*x

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:23 am

Dont beleive this Assulin thing I'm afraid. Why would City 'take a chance'?

Nailed on Arsenal - young, good-looking, free. a definite Wenger-boy!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:06 am

They are bigguns today.

He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Chinners » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Just shows that if you type some bollox, others will pick it up ...

City Negotiating For Tottenham Talisman
Date: 4th June 2010 Author: Escapini
Why am I suddenly humming the theme tune to the Flintstones? Ah, I think I have it.
The Manchester City’s Bluemoon forum is running with a ball marked ‘We’re in for Jenas’ written across it’s middle.
Is there any truth in this? Let us dearly hope so. He has epitomized the nearly man. Always threatening rarely delivering. Running around, looking committed, tongue out, hands on hips, lateral passes, back passes, passes to the opposition.
God I really came to loathe him. The talisman of so much that has been wrong at Tottenham.

Redknapp targets City ace
Tottenham are expected to make a formal offer to Manchester City next week in an attempt to sign striker Craig Bellamy.
Harry Redknapp is known to be a long-time admirer of the Wales international, who looks to have fallen out-of-favour at Eastlands since the arrival of Roberto Mancini.
The Spurs boss tried to sign the striker when Bellamy left West Ham but was beaten to the punch by City, but a new frontman is now on the White Hart Lane wishlist during the close season.
There has been mounting speculation that Bellamy will be on the move this summer, with Celtic, Aston Villa and Cardiff all being linked to the 30-year-old.
But Tottenham look to be in the driving seat, especially as they can offer Champions League football, and a bid of between £8m - £10m is believed to be imminent.

Valencia to Manchester City - The Insider says 3/5
Headlines suggest that City fear Real Madrid will hijack their bid for the Spain midfielder, but in many ways it is the other way around.
Bernabeu insiders have been working on the signing of Silva since last year and were confident of striking a deal a couple of months ago, especially when it was made abundantly clear that Cesc Fabregas had no intention of joining them from Arsenal.
Silva would prefer to join Madrid and City's lack of Champions League football is a problem, but Jose Mourinho's arrival in the Spanish capital has led to an immediate review of all the deals that director general Jorge Valdano had been lining up.
Mourinho would rather add a box-to-box midfielder with more physical presence, with Liverpool's Steven Gerrard and Roma's Daniele de Rossi top of the list.
Cash-strapped Valencia are prepared to sell for big money, though keeping Silva for another year wouldn't reduce his value because he has three years left on his contract.
City are set for formal talks with the Spanish side and can tempt Silva with a big salary, though any move will probably have to be done in the next five days - or wait till after the World Cup.

Season review pt 8
Martin Petrov fired in an equaliser for 10-man Manchester City as they earned a battling draw at Wigan.
Charles N'Zogbia had put Wigan ahead when he beat Wayne Bridge to the ball and slotted in after keeper Shay Given had parried a Hugo Rodallega shot.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 304532.stm
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Return to The Maine Football forum