North Korea hahaha

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

North Korea hahaha

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:35 pm

North Korea tried to get away with pretending a striker was in fact a keeper to boost their attacking options. However its backfired cos Fifa have now said the player can ONLY play in goal haha. Really hope he ends up having to play now haha.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/03/north-korea-world-cup-goalkeeper-gamble
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: North Keora hahaha

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:37 pm

adoooooooooooore-a keora! a shoopy shoopy shoopy shoop. adoooooooooooore-a keora! a shoopy shoopy shoopy shoop.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Re: North Korea hahaha

Postby dazby » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Word is that they only show matches that they win. Which means in the Womens Asia Cup they would have shown all but two games: a loss to Japan in the group stages and the loss to Oz in the final.

I'm not sure the North Koreans will see much of the mens team.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Scatman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:50 pm

dazby wrote:Word is that they only show matches that they win. Which means in the Womens Asia Cup they would have shown all but two games: a loss to Japan in the group stages and the loss to Oz in the final.

I read a while back that the president has ordered a blanket ban on coverage of the world cup in any papers or on the telly or whatever other media they have over there. They will then edit the highlights of every match to make it look like North Korea are winning.

I wonder if they can show Samaras bagging a couple while they're at it.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Scatman wrote:
dazby wrote:Word is that they only show matches that they win. Which means in the Womens Asia Cup they would have shown all but two games: a loss to Japan in the group stages and the loss to Oz in the final.

I read a while back that the president has ordered a blanket ban on coverage of the world cup in any papers or on the telly or whatever other media they have over there. They will then edit the highlights of every match to make it look like North Korea are winning.

Really? surely not? I mean why would they do that?? haha bloody madness if true
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Scatman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Lee's Alter Ego wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Really? surely not? I mean why would they do that?? haha bloody madness if true

It's what I read somewhere. It might not be true but I think it has something to do with him being potty
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby TonyM » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:27 pm

What would you do if you were dictator?
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Curlie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Their president, chairman, leader or whatever, Kim Jong-il was reported to have taken up golf a year or two ago and he and those who watched claimed he shot a 38 on an standard 18 hole golf course and it was his first ever game of golf. Mad as a hatter or perhaps the copy was wrong and he shot 38 rather than "a" 38.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Postby blues-clues » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Curlie wrote:Their president, chairman, leader or whatever, Kim Jong-il was reported to have taken up golf a year or two ago and he and those who watched claimed he shot a 38 on an standard 18 hole golf course and it was his first ever game of golf. Mad as a hatter or perhaps the copy was wrong and he shot 38 rather than "a" 38.

Apparently he only got 4 holes in one as he wasn't really trying. Only one of those was on a par 3 and one was a par 5!

Shouldn't really make light of these things as most North Koreans struggle to get food or clean water while the leaders waste the countries limited assets on the military and keeping themselves in luxury.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby kinkylola » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:07 pm

haha, i'm surprised none of you have heard the stories about the shit he spreads.

He also wrote and directed "The sound of music"

bowled 3 perfect games in a row

has hit a PERFECT GAME OF GOLF

oh there's so many others ... His people worship him as if he were a god, and they believe he can do no wrong. they BELIEVE it.

It's not a matter of him ordering anything banned. Everything is banned unless he says so.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:16 pm

kinkylola wrote:
It's not a matter of him ordering anything banned. Everything is banned unless he says so.

Just like in my house then, works perfect for me.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Curlie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:26 pm

kinkylola wrote:haha, i'm surprised none of you have heard the stories about the shit he spreads.

Great choice of words cause school kids are taught he is so pure and perfect that he doesn't take a shit.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Nige

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:36 pm

i have two Korean children from RoK. We're going there next summer i hope. the plight of North Koreans compared to their wealthier brothers and sisters is really truly sad. It's much more complex than we in the West even know i suspect.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wooders » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:05 pm

does that mean David James can only play in goal for England?
Pearce will be gutted
"Fabio, we have a problem"
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Wooders » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:06 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:i have two Korean children from RoK. We're going there next summer i hope. the plight of North Koreans compared to their wealthier brothers and sisters is really truly sad. It's much more complex than we in the West even know i suspect.

cheers

have you adopted them or do you just "have" them ? as caring for them etc..
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Wooders wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:i have two Korean children from RoK. We're going there next summer i hope. the plight of North Koreans compared to their wealthier brothers and sisters is really truly sad. It's much more complex than we in the West even know i suspect.

cheers

Silence, tumbleweed...................come on explain yourself Doomy
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:02 pm

was listening to a reporter on radio this week who had been in north korea. she was taken to a farm to see how self sufficient they are, cue tractor donated by eu and end of interview. she then got to go to a private market full of chinese goods, cue end of interview, except whilst arguing with an official there was another power cut which the official denied was happening

i heard that as part of the improving relations with the south, the south were going to provide them with the world cup games, or at least they were till they sank that ship, so no world cup pictures now

i'm so ronery
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:31 pm

Wooders wrote:

cheers

We adopted them. We do have an extensive collection tho. The second was technically an internet purchase. Ok technically he was a waiting child we saw on a website, but still.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:38 pm

I think the thread is under-estimating the lunacy in North Korea. There are no tellies for the masses, no outside world, nothing except preaching how great the 'great leader' is. Hardly any food, such that they are noticeably shorter than their Southern counterparts due to malnutrition. Electric rare. Massive military parades of course.

But absolutely no suggestion is allowed that life is any better anywhere else in the world, so how they would cover the WC (for the privileged few) must be a challenge for the NK TV producer (whilst avoiding a death camp).
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby gillie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:41 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wooders wrote:

cheers

We adopted them. We do have an extensive collection tho. The second was technically an internet purchase. Ok technically he was a waiting child we saw on a website, but still.

Cheers

Good on you mate children should not suffer because adults fuck up and cant reason with each other.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum