Benitez Out?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Benitez Out?

Postby Exiled » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:03 am

If not Sammy Lee, then a John Barnes/Jason McAteer dream ticket to oblivion.

NICE!!
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Vhero » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:46 am

So according to that article they owe him 16m to leave?? But they want him to leave for 3m? They really think he gonna do that? Gonna just leave 13m?? I seriously doubt he would drop 13m to leave no wonder he didn't leave for the Juve job with that kind of windfall to fall back on!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:50 am

souness anyone?

what's phil babb up to these days?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby razor400 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:40 am

gillie wrote:They are not happy over on RAWK.
This.

I've said for months that Gerrard to Madrid was a done deal - looks like it's happening. With Rafa now also on his way you can bet Torres won't be far behind.

To everyone who has apologised for the Yanks from day one of their ownership. . You bunch of apathetic c*nts have helped a pair of Yankee thieves turn our club to dust.

See yers all in the Championship in a year or two.

Just been on there, the fuckers are blind. Benitez is a shit manager who couldnt spot a good deal if it twatted him in the face. Some of his buys make RSC look good, but the fools still love him. MrsRazor is buzzing though.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:40 am

Liverpool had a poor showing by their own standards last season. I'm sure Benitez could've got them out of it - but the comments he was continually making about the Board were never going to work in his favour. He'll easily get another job on the Continent.

I think Liverpool could do with a Caretaker in the mould of Hiddink until the Owners sell the Club and then someone new can be appointed. Inevitably someone outside of the Premiership.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:41 am

Alot of talk about O'Neil or Hodgson getting this job but I cant see why either of them would leave there current jobs to go to Liverpool in this postions. Admittedly Liverpool are a bigger club than their respective clubs but why risk their reputations taking over that shambles. It will take a miracle for them to finish top 4 next year and even that isnt going to be considered a sucsess by there fans.

McLeish would be a good shout, but once again if he has a bit of money to spend at Brum he could convievably enhance his reputation there and finish above Liverpool.

I can see them going down the caretaker route until the takeover is complete. Kenny Daglish is on the books.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:04 am

ross.mcfc wrote:Alot of talk about O'Neil or Hodgson getting this job but I cant see why either of them would leave there current jobs to go to Liverpool in this postions. Admittedly Liverpool are a bigger club than their respective clubs but why risk their reputations taking over that shambles. It will take a miracle for them to finish top 4 next year and even that isnt going to be considered a sucsess by there fans.

McLeish would be a good shout, but once again if he has a bit of money to spend at Brum he could convievably enhance his reputation there and finish above Liverpool.

I can see them going down the caretaker route until the takeover is complete. Kenny Daglish is on the books.

Agreed and with Benitez gone I can see the owners squeezing money out the players by selling Gerrard and Torres to make a nice transfer kitty to attract a top quality manager. With no manager to stand in their way I cannot see them not going now.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wooders » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 am

ross.mcfc wrote:Alot of talk about O'Neil or Hodgson getting this job but I cant see why either of them would leave there current jobs to go to Liverpool in this postions. Admittedly Liverpool are a bigger club than their respective clubs but why risk their reputations taking over that shambles. It will take a miracle for them to finish top 4 next year and even that isnt going to be considered a sucsess by there fans.

Because liverpool have all that wonderful history?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:54 am

Lee_Kinda wrote:Hughes next Liverpool manager.

Not itk, just made it up. But id probs put money on it.

I wouldn't. I seriously doubt they'd appoint a rag. They got principles.

Anyway, I'm shocked that it took this long. Benitez is a shit manager who has no idea how to buil a squad. He lived off that Champion's League win for five years. He has spent hundreds of millions on absolute dross and that is one of the main reasons why Liverpool are in shite right now, not because of their oweners.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:30 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Anyway, I'm shocked that it took this long. Benitez is a shit manager who has no idea how to buil a squad. He lived off that Champion's League win for five years. He has spent hundreds of millions on absolute dross and that is one of the main reasons why Liverpool are in shite right now, not because of their oweners.

I'd go along with this.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:09 am

I think they'll go for Hodgson. I hope not though
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Wooders » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:31 am

Fidel Castro wrote:I think they'll go for Hodgson. I hope not though

I think Hodgson has said that he would do it as well, I think you might be right fidel
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:07 pm

I think Avram should have left it another week or so before accepting the West Ham gig, he could have got in at Fulham (on balance I think having one mental owner is slightly better than having two mental owners)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:26 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:

I'd go along with this.

I think Liverpool tried to be as patient as possible with Benitez. With the exception of 09/10, they were qualifying for the Champions League for the last few seasons and won the FA Cup, too. If you put it in to perspective then you've got a record us City Fans would love!

The RAGs are looking at more Top Flight Titles than Liverpool (is it level pegging now?) and that's the Trophy those Mickeys want.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:27 pm

I think MON is the bookies favourite.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Slim wrote:I think MON is the bookies favourite.

If Milner leaves under a cloud then I think he'll go.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:34 pm

O Neill M 6/4
Hiddink G 10/3
Dalglish K 7/2
Hodgson R 4/1
Oswaldo de Oliveira 12/1
Klinsmann J 12/1
McLeish A 16/1
Schuster B 20/1
Blanc L 20/1
Hughes M 22/1
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:47 pm

btajim wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:

I'd go along with this.

I think Liverpool tried to be as patient as possible with Benitez. With the exception of 09/10, they were qualifying for the Champions League for the last few seasons and won the FA Cup, too. If you put it in to perspective then you've got a record us City Fans would love!

The RAGs are looking at more Top Flight Titles than Liverpool (is it level pegging now?) and that's the Trophy those Mickeys want.

That was 05/06 season. He hasn't done much anything at all in past four years except spend tons of money and make the team go backwards. More influence Rafa had, the worse they got.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Slim wrote:O Neill M 6/4
Hiddink G 10/3
Dalglish K 7/2
Hodgson R 4/1
Oswaldo de Oliveira 12/1
Klinsmann J 12/1
McLeish A 16/1
Schuster B 20/1
Blanc L 20/1
Hughes M 22/1

Boot Room and all that but how the hell is Kenny Dalglish such short odds? I mean, yeah he was succesfull as Pool manager and yeah, he is working in their Academy but he hasn't managed anywhere for over 10 years.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:That was 05/06 season. He hasn't done much anything at all in past four years except spend tons of money and make the team go backwards. More influence Rafa had, the worse they got.

Still a Trophy I'd go without sex with to see City lift. No jokes please.

Liverpool were regularly finishing the in Top 4 and were there or thereabouts in Europe. i.e. Champions League Final again and Semis etc.

It's just 09/10 that's finished Benitez. I wouldn't necessarily agree with his sacking for being at loggerheads with the Board. They're bad Owners. I think he's still quite popular amongst the Fans.

Caretaker then a big name in Europe, no doubt.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum